• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These M&E fabrics are generally available btw so we can mto or MTM most of these

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
Happy 10 year Anniversary! For all the NMWA fans out there, especially those who enjoy their Japanese makers, wanted to leave this post for future generations.

I recently had the opportunity to visit Japan for a week, and although timing was limited I wanted to check out as many of the brands and stores that I have been enjoying for some time now through NMWA.

Let's start with a packing pic. I tried to pack light since the hotels I was staying in all provided loungewear and I knew I would be brining lots of things home with me. Since I was going to Japan, I thought, why not pack only Japanese clothing?

IMG_7846.jpg

Outerwear - Fujito Jungle Jacket, Camoshita Seersucker Jacket (packed my new Vanda simply shiok sushi pocket square thanks @gshen !)
Trousers - Sage De Cret Easy Pants, Blue Blue Japan Sashiko Easy Pants, Document Japanese Denim Jeans
Button Down - Camoshita Blouson, Ikiji Short Sleeve Shirt Navy Wool / Cotton pique
T-Shirt - Ikiji Paper Tees (Navy, White, Black), Blurhms Short Sleeve thermal
Honorable mention to the Blue Blue Japan large handkerchief which I used as some flair / improvised face mask

First stop was my favorite brand, Ikiji, located in Sumida not too far from Ginza.
I'm a Japanese 4 / 5, so selections to purchase were limited, but they did have most of the new season on the rack to touch and feel.

I learned that Ikiji only stocks size 5 outside of Japan (THANK YOU NMWA - KEEP STOCKING SIZE 5 PLEASE)

IMG_7847.jpg

Came away with these cool safety pins, which they sometimes have on their heavy outwear.

IMG_7845.jpg

A couple days later I visited Kuon, which is off the beaten path in Omotesando hills. Really cool adventure finding this place.

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

Really cool small shop. Lots to feel and touch, including their awesome boro jackets. Nothing in my size here again, but I did come away with some really cool bags that featured their intricate stitching techniques.

IMG_7839.jpg

The next day I stopped at Blue Blue Japan in Daikanyama. This store was two floors, feature multiple of their brands and included lots of other non-clothing treasures.

IMG_7854.jpg
IMG_7855.jpg
IMG_7373.jpg

I finally found something that fits! Grabbed this long sleeve ribbed tee shirt and this piece of boro fabric that I'm going to frame and put up on a wall.

IMG_7844.jpg
IMG_7838.jpg

From there we went on a short walk to ts(s). Note this store is only open on Friday / Saturday.

IMG_7852.jpg

Really cool stuff on the rack here. They had a sample of the entire season in the back.

IMG_7853.jpg

This orange velour quilted jacket was nuts. So much swag wearing this one.

IMG_7851.jpg

This long coat from ts(s) was a size 2 (!) but fit me spot on. This was a sample sadly and unavailable for purchase. Surprisingly I found I could easily wear size 2 / 3 in their outerwear. Struck out here, but my travel companion found a wonderful jacket on the women's side (toujours)

We bopped around a bit to hit Real McCoys and Beams, which also carried Kaptain Sunshine. Limited selection here, and again, shout out to NMWA for getting the larger size 42 available for us big boys back stateside.

The next day my luck really turned. I saw on Instagram that Fujito was having a pop up store a 10 minute walk from where I was staying, so I decided to check it out. Guess who was there? Go Fujito himself !!

IMG_7850.jpg

Fujito san was as shocked to see me in his jungle jacket as I was to run into him. What a joy it was to meet with him and talk with him about clothes and life in Japan. I came away with not only some local food recommendations, but they also brought a special edition long sleeve knit shirt in black for the pop up event.

Not only did he have it in my size, but he autographed my tag as well!

IMG_7840.jpg

On my last day, I was fortunate enough to meet the one and only Kyle @conceptual 4est for an awesome lunch to recap the trip. What a way to end the clothing pilgrimage! YOURE THE MAN KYLE SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE FROM AMERICA!

IMG_7849.jpg

Last edited:

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy 10 year Anniversary! For all the NMWA fans out there, especially those who enjoy their Japanese makers, wanted to leave this post for future generations.

I recently had the opportunity to visit Japan for a week, and although timing was limited I wanted to check out as many of the brands and stores that I have been enjoying for some time now through NMWA.

Let's start with a packing pic. I tried to pack light since the hotels I was staying in all provided loungewear and I knew I would be brining lots of things home with me. Since I was going to Japan, I thought, why not pack only Japanese clothing?

View attachment 2050125

Outerwear - Fujito Jungle Jacket, Camoshita Seersucker Jacket (packed my new Vanda simply shiok sushi pocket square thanks @gshen !)
Trousers - Sage De Cret Easy Pants, Blue Blue Japan Sashiko Easy Pants, Document Japanese Denim Jeans
Button Down - Camoshita Blouson, Ikiji Short Sleeve Shirt Navy Wool / Cotton pique
Honorable mention to the Blue Blue Japan large handkerchief which I used as some flair / improvised face mask

First stop was my favorite brand, Ikiji, located in Sumida not too far from Ginza.
I'm a Japanese 4 / 5, so selections to purchase were limited, but they did have most of the new season on the rack to touch and feel.

I learned that Ikiji only stocks size 5 outside of Japan (THANK YOU NMWA - KEEP STOCKING SIZE 5 PLEASE)

View attachment 2050169

Came away with these cool safety pins, which they sometimes have on their heavy outwear.

View attachment 2050145

A couple days later I visited Kuon, which is off the beaten path in Omotesando hills. Really cool adventure finding this place.

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

Really cool small shop. Lots to feel and touch, including their awesome boro jackets. Nothing in my size here again, but I did come away with some really cool bags that featured their intricate stitching techniques.

View attachment 2050139

The next day I stopped at Blue Blue Japan in Daikanyama. This store was two floors, feature multiple of their brands and included lots of other non-clothing treasures.

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

I finally found something that fits! Grabbed this long sleeve ribbed tee shirt and this piece of boro fabric that I'm going to frame and put up on a wall.

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

From there we went on a short walk to ts(s). Note this store is only open on Friday / Saturday.

View attachment 2050175

Really cool stuff on the rack here. They had a sample of the entire season in the back.

View attachment 2050159

View attachment 2050155

This long coat from ts(s) was a size 2 (!) but fit me spot on. This was a sample sadly and unavailable for purchase. Surprisingly I found I could easily wear size 2 / 3 in their outerwear. Struck out here, but my travel companion found a wonderful jacket on the women's side (toujours)

We bopped around a bit to hit Real McCoys and Beams, which also carried Kaptain Sunshine. Limited selection here, and again, shout out to NMWA for getting the larger size 42 available for us big boys back stateside.

The next day my luck really turned. I saw on Instagram that Fujito was having a pop up store a 10 minute walk from where I was staying, so I decided to check it out. Guess who was there? Go Fujito himself !!

View attachment 2050153

Fujito san was as shocked to see me in his jungle jacket as I was to run into him. What a joy it was to meet with him and talk with him about clothes and life in Japan. I came away with not only some local food recommendations, but they also brought a special edition long sleeve knit shirt in black for the pop up event.

View attachment 2050141

On my last day, I was fortunate enough to meet the one and only Kyle @conceptual 4est for an awesome lunch to recap the trip. What a way to end the clothing pilgrimage! YOURE THE MAN KYLE SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE FROM AMERICA!

View attachment 2050151
Awesome! Planning a Japan trip in the next year and will have to check these out too!

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2050125

View attachment 2050169

View attachment 2050145

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

View attachment 2050139

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

View attachment 2050175

View attachment 2050159

View attachment 2050155

View attachment 2050153

View attachment 2050141

View attachment 2050151

This is awesome. Love it

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2050125

View attachment 2050169

View attachment 2050145

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

View attachment 2050139

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

View attachment 2050175

View attachment 2050159

View attachment 2050155

View attachment 2050153

View attachment 2050141

View attachment 2050151
Freakin awesome. I’m too lazy and too much of an introvert to make something like this happen but also envy those that do. Great trip!

mina262

Reaction score

View attachment 2050125

View attachment 2050169

View attachment 2050145

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

View attachment 2050139

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

View attachment 2050175

View attachment 2050159

View attachment 2050155

View attachment 2050153

View attachment 2050141

View attachment 2050151
Awesome post! 🙌🏼

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first post to congratulate you on 10 years NMWA. Customer since April this year on the European shop. Very pleased with 3sixteen lace knit cardigan cotton/alpaca and with my GRP polo shirts. looking forward to wearing the Comanche pants with yesterdays purchase, camp collar shirt from de Bonne Facture.
Welcome ! Always excited to hear from our European customers

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2050125

View attachment 2050169

View attachment 2050145

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

View attachment 2050139

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

View attachment 2050175

View attachment 2050159

View attachment 2050155

View attachment 2050153

View attachment 2050141

View attachment 2050151

Epic post - did Go have his Lancia Delta Integrale parked outside the pop-up?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2050125

View attachment 2050169

View attachment 2050145

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

View attachment 2050139

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

View attachment 2050175

View attachment 2050159

View attachment 2050155

View attachment 2050153

View attachment 2050141

View attachment 2050151
Most epic post! What a community we have here.

In other news, a few years ago, I was jonesing for a navy traveler, and finally pounced in the fall when one became available, I was crushed when it arrived and I didn’t love it! The wool melton as just “too much” I don’t think I could imaging getting into a car with it on.

A few season later the “lightweight” (wool/linen??) version came out and w pounced. I love it!

Then a few season after that, the “lighter” weight wool melton version came out and I missed out.

This season, I grabbed the new navy with black double side, and can easily say, it’s perfect!

TLDR: don’t sleep on this season’s anniversary travelers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads