• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any word on whether or not the brown Clint will see a restock in the upcoming year?
It won't. They have a new "cowboy" jacket for next fall but it's a much lighter leather (lamb suede)

n2pua

Reaction score
It won't. They have a new "cowboy" jacket for next fall but it's a much lighter leather (lamb suede)
Greg,

Would it be this one by chance? If so, will it only be available in this shade or do we have a chance at pre-order for another ?

valstar-m-prs-f23-009-10894306.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that one.

8 colors available - sample is Sandal

1675198131631.png

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How much control do you guys retain to prevent them from taking your Clint design and selling it as part of their full line?

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much control do you guys retain to prevent them from taking your Clint design and selling it as part of their full line?

I believe the clint was a Valstar original design (afaik). Valstar only ran it for one season and nmwa kept it alive for many season after.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wearing my DBF-NMWA tweed Grandad coat yesterday, and noticed the vent is stitched very securely together at the hemline. The vent on my ebony Grandad from FW21 is open. I'm wondering if this is a deliberate design feature? Anyone else’s FW22 Grandad vent also closed at its hemline?

This feels sewn up pretty tightly, and I would not use a seam ripper or razor blade myself. Pictures for reference…

FW22 DBF-NMWA Tweed...

DBF-NMWA Vent_Sewn 1.jpg
DBF-NMWA Vent_Sewn 2.jpg

And the undyed Ebony from FW21...

DBF Grandad Vent_Ebony FW21.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the clint was a Valstar original design (afaik). Valstar only ran it for one season and nmwa kept it alive for many season after.
Correct - the only thing we did with Clint is re-run it and have them develop a black version

Redford was our design.

Generally speaking, there isn't anything we can do to "protect" our special make-ups. They developt them as a courtesy to us and don't charge us development fees or patternmaking costs, etc... so they feel that it's as much theirs as ours.

Many of our makers have changed a button or a stitch shape and added to their collection. Some may even remember the "New York" trousers that were marketed even before we received our first batch of Brooklyn and Manhattan... 🤦‍♂️

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous. Does this jacket have knitted cuffs like the Clint (or Valstarino even), or matching (facing?) suede cuffs and hem?
Regular jacket cuffs - not knitted
Valstar_FW23 (31).JPEG
Valstar_FW23 (34).JPEG

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yoke is pretty cool in the way it connects with the sleeve seam/piping

Valstar_FW23 (35).JPEG

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wearing my DBF-NMWA tweed Grandad coat yesterday, and noticed the vent is stitched very securely together at the hemline. The vent on my ebony Grandad from FW21 is open. I'm wondering if this is a deliberate design feature? Anyone else’s FW22 Grandad vent also closed at its hemline?

This feels sewn up pretty tightly, and I would not use a seam ripper or razor blade myself. Pictures for reference…

FW22 DBF-NMWA Tweed...

View attachment 1885763
View attachment 1885765

And the undyed Ebony from FW21...

View attachment 1885767
Yes we also noticed that the basted X there was a bit more dense than a usual baste stitching. I don't know why - maybe because the fabric is heavy... You can take it out with a seam ripper or a razor blade (old Italian tailor style)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads