• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who checks SF at a social gathering?

foo.gif
@The Noodles does

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like the casual vibe of the overcoat. Material is great, warm enough but not too heavy.
Overall fit is great, with SC or with dress shirt. I'm a little wary on the overall length though. I'm not sure if it's a little long or just the cut itself. Obviously the sleeves need to be shortened. Any thoughts/comments?
Thanks...

Here is how my version of that coat from last year fits:

Being used to that fit makes me not like how yours fits. Looks long and tight through the chest. How tall are you?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thnx for the feedback guys. I was rationalizing the overall fit but verdict is consistent. Another disappointing result . Great coat. Im beginning to loose hope that certain NMWA brands , specially overcoats/jackets are not meant to be. More for others...

Plan B, SS Juncus....well see since the style is more forgiving chest/length wise.

^ Don't want to burst a bubble, from the pics it looks too trim on you in chest and waist. Are you wearing anything substantial underneath in those pics? If so it might still be fine, otherwise I'd try one size up, which might throw off shoulders and length.

Light OCBD. I cannot size up due to things you already noted. Thnx D

don't like how the skirt is draping
thnx jet. I noticed that too. Due to waist being too tight as noted by others.

Here is how my version of that coat from last year fits:

Being used to that fit makes me not like how yours fits. Looks long and tight through the chest. How tall are you?
Patrick, this is a great pic for fit reference and how i envision the fit should be. The buttoning points are much lower on me. Im only 5-6 thats why.:)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that it looks too tight across chest and waist but disagree that length is too long. I like that length a lot for an overcoat. That said, I don't think sizing up would work in the shoulders - sleeves is the easiest thing to tailor, I wouldn't focus on that, but shoulders can be a dealbreaker.

It's too bad you didn't make it to NYC for the Eidos MTM trunk show we're hosting now. You're a perfect candidate for an MTM overcoat and they have many beautiful swatches to pick from. Pricing is also very attractive - and just plain silly cheap with our 20% off trunk show special.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that it looks too tight across chest and waist but disagree that length is too long. I like that length a lot for an overcoat.

In a vacuum, the length is fine. But the length causes the waist and the belt into an awkward position,

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's prob true

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that it looks too tight across chest and waist but disagree that length is too long. I like that length a lot for an overcoat. That said, I don't think sizing up would work in the shoulders - sleeves is the easiest thing to tailor, I wouldn't focus on that, but shoulders can be a dealbreaker.

It's too bad you didn't make it to NYC for the Eidos MTM trunk show we're hosting now. You're a perfect candidate for an MTM overcoat and they have many beautiful swatches to pick from. Pricing is also very attractive - and just plain silly cheap with our 20% off trunk show special.

Greg, thnx for the feedback and taking time to chime in. I really appreciate your (and Kyle) help and patience. Im really disappointed right now. SC cardi, SS merino, IM bull, and now this. Im still optimistic....
You knw Im trying to do my part pumping revenue to NMWA . :)Trust me, a visit to the shop is on my itinerary. I saw the pricing on MTM, what a great deal.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In a vacuum, the length is fine. But the length causes the waist and the belt into an awkward position,
Ahh. Make sense to me now as I cannot put why something is off. Thnx Patrick with a space before the R....

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh. Make sense to me now as I cannot put why something is off. Thnx Patrick with a space before the R....

No problem. 5'6" is closer to one end of the spectrum and, at 6'2", I'm closer to the other. Here is an example of me with a coat that would suit me even better if I were a few inches shorter. But NMWA has taught me that I can be very happy with a wider range of fits in my casual clothes. You won't get me to give up this coat (unless you trade me an MTO copy with another inch or two in the body and sleeves).

edit: The coat Kyle is wearing lacks features that are so specifically length dependent (no defined waist, belt, etc.). When playing at the ends of the height spectrum for a given clothing range, it probably helps to look for cuts that aren't so defined in length.

And since this is the NMWA thread, here are the Heschung boots I'm wearing today:

Last edited:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gray sweater? what's the coat?

Referring to the c4 pic

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads