• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s favorite piece you’ve picked up from NMWA over the past decade?

For me it’s probably the Naissance grizzly I snagged in…2020? I had been enviously seeing @conceptual 4est and @kjb rock theirs and was so stoked when @gdl203 announced a re-issue.

View attachment 2047179

Close seconds are my Grose RAF Irvin, Niche embroidered sweatshirt, and bison kanata.

Congrats to the NMWA for 10 great years!

Hell yeah, this is my favorite purchase ever.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm new here and took the dive into this rabbit hole a few months ago.

I took a deep breath and bought a DBF Grandad coat from your site yesterday - it's an expensive hobby.

Congrats on the ten year anniversary. Love the stuff on your website.

I'm figuring out how to afford the Frank Leder great coat after just buying the Grandad.
OnlyFans
What’s everyone’s favorite piece you’ve picked up from NMWA over the past decade?

For me it’s probably the Naissance grizzly I snagged in…2020? I had been enviously seeing @conceptual 4est and @kjb rock theirs and was so stoked when @gdl203 announced a re-issue.

View attachment 2047179

Close seconds are my Grose RAF Irvin, Niche embroidered sweatshirt, and bison kanata.

Nothing remotely “grail” worthy, but my Fat Sal briefcase, Kimber squares, and Monitaly Panama hats. All fantastic. The hats (seriously took some getting used to) are especially useful.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yee Haw! Valstar Cowboy, Mirto suede, size 50. I think I have a new favorite Valstar...

Valstar Cowboy Suede Mirto_mirror.jpg

Valstar Cowboy Suede Mirto_closeup.jpg

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2047179

The Naissance grizzly is my biggest regret in not getting. i very much hope NMWA runs that style again someday.

While not super fancy, my favorite piece from NMWA was the blanket-lined waxed canvas Monitaly mountain parka. It was so good that I bought it from the shop, sold it when I moved to a warmer climate, and then bought another version from the shop (an all-black one) when I moved back to cooler weather. It was also my first foray into a brand I wasn't familiar with.

krudsma

Reaction score
I had always admired NMWA online for years and finally was lucky enough to be in town a few years ago during an archive sale. I went absolutely wild and bought a pair of linen Rota Brooklyns, Camoshita cavalry twill trousers, an Eidos black seersucker field jacket, and a blue + cream plaid seersucker sportcoat from DoppiaA - but the standout that I wear all the time is a pair of navy linen trousers from Document, somehow plenty long for my 6'3" frame and amazingly comfortable and flowy. Never would have bought most of that stuff without seeing it in person and trying it on.

I also clumsily knocked over that giant accordion partition dressing room divider when I was trying on pants.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too discovered NMWA through an archive sale which I found on Reddit. I was too overwhelmed in the beginning so just bought one thing but I’m so glad I found yall.
Amazing product that I leveled up from the basics and never turned back.
Cheers to the 10 years and hope for many more!

zranger102797

Reaction score
I also wanted to say thank you to the folks on this thread. I’m just a guy in his mid-twenties who is passionate about style and clothes and fabric and manufacturing, and to have found a community of folks who both know more than me and are always willing to chat about it has been amazing. My two favorite pieces I have picked up so far are the Document ivory jeans I first saw @kjb wearing and my trusty brown KS Traveler from last FW. Thank you to the No Man team and all the folks on this thread!

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very few have an acute eye for design and style. @gdl203 and team certainly do. Bringing new designers and materials to surprise us year after year. NMWA has helped many of us elevate the way we see ourselves. Cheers to that.

& with that in mind, here is a much admired piece from Valstar. Brings me a smile everytime I take it out.

368104F2-938C-4030-8968-21A4B4CE5139.jpeg

Last edited:

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first thing I purchased was a

MARIO TALARICO umbrella.​

one last absolutely rando i'm up he sees me i'm down - as we used to say in my legacy trade - now re talarico and how we pull ideas from unexpected places and serendipitous encounters, in this case all the storytelling no man wraps around its racks ---- ca. nov 2017 was making a DIY risograph zine as a friends and family holiday gift --- didn't really have a title, then found it catching up on a talarico piece in the old no man quarterly blog/tumblr posts (that i think mostly got recycled as humphrey editions) that observed its signage - that i instantly recognized as a spot on thematic through line - and nicked for my own purposes. like the rug in lebowski, it really tied the room together.

IMG_5012.jpeg

zranger102797

Reaction score
Random question but does anyone know what shirt/sweater Willy is wearing in this pic of the DBF grandad?

Attachments

• IMG_2821.jpeg
    IMG_2821.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 149

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SdC og bunny, Schneider coat/scarves, Clint.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads