• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have the chart for the Traveler? Figured I’d prepare well in advance.
1601575627693.png

chickenfark

Reaction score
wooooo
1601576974781.png

edit: it's SO GOOD. leather is amazing and the style is pretty ******* rad.

1601578147616.png

1601578154842.png

but i'm debating if I need to go a size up, it feels a bit tight in the chest and isn't the comfiest when zipped up, though it looks fine
1601578225708.png

Last edited:

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've googled Wythe and pretty sure everything I've seen is not the brand you'll be carrying. Any hints?

I assume it’s this?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@chickenfark will always look better open. If you're cold, supplement with Schneider stole/scarf.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are going to be in stock in very small quantities (1 or 2 depending on size). I'm going to set a rule in advance right now that you should be spending the next week or so to figure out your size and order just that size. We will cancel orders for two sizes this time. There's just not enough stock and it is demoralizing to those who want one and can't because they're stuck in multiple size orders. We've had people ordering THREE sizes of a garment recently - that's just unnecessary

I will own this for the IM sweater. The caveat being that one size was for my wife to try and the other two sizes were for me to try.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will own this for the IM sweater. The caveat being that one size was for my wife to try and the other two sizes were for me to try.
1.5 sizes per person is acceptable. Did any of them work out?

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Genuinely curious as I haven't been shopping with NMWA very long, how are some people able to get products super quickly? I am in California so I get the shipping times, but are there priorities for getting items out the door or does it follow order times?

Not in any rush to receive anything, just curious.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.5 sizes per person is acceptable. Did any of them work out?

Haha, glad I met the acceptable ratio. Would love to see something like that on the Store Policies page, hahaha.

I have a bit of a long winded answer for you, hope you take the time to read it all.

To your question, it’s kind of a long story. My wife really likes the sweater. Interestingly, the fit pic I posted was of the small, but I also let her try on the large, and she liked that size too for a true oversized look. Where I am struggling with her is that the purchase was a surprise and she is incredibly frugal with her clothing purchases. Probably from being a stay at home mom and mostly wearing items that she doesn’t care get dirty and are easily cleaned. So, I get the, “But I feel bad keeping something I may not wear very often.” But I am working on her to keep the size she prefers.

Personally, I am wavering between the large and XL.

I will add this though too @gdl203. I can’t imagine I am the only one who run into this either. As time has gone I have tried to be more mindful about my purchases. In the beginning it was instakop. And what I found was that I was buying pieces that I liked (for looks, construction, story, etc) but didn’t necessarily fit into my aesthetic. For example, some of the Niche Torrance shirts are amazing to me, and maybe days past I would just buy because they look awesome and are hard to find...but in reality I likely would not wear them much bc they don’t find a happy medium in my rotation. So I have never bought one.

This all brings me to my point, and it certainly is no criticism, so please don’t take it that way. But the way NMWA does it’s drops (only a handful of makers per week) combined with the limited numbers of items you may stock in a style and hard to find brands, sometimes fuels me to want to buy an item that I like, but hold it for a period of time so I can see the other drops and determine whether I may like another similar piece in the future drop better. Does that make sense?

The reason for a return may not be that I didn’t like the garment, it’s just a matter of me liking a future drop piece a little better.

I certainly don’t make this a habit. In fact, it may have only happened a few times. But it’s a dilemma I find myself in at times.

chickenfark

Reaction score
Genuinely curious as I haven't been shopping with NMWA very long, how are some people able to get products super quickly? I am in California so I get the shipping times, but are there priorities for getting items out the door or does it follow order times?

I live in the Boston area, so I'm 1 day ground from NYC with UPS - I'm sure they send a bunch of trucks/planes up here every day. They've got a decent map you can use to estimate ground ship times: https://www.ups.com/maps?loc=en_US

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, glad I met the acceptable ratio. Would love to see something like that on the Store Policies page, hahaha.

I have a bit of a long winded answer for you, hope you take the time to read it all.

To your question, it’s kind of a long story. My wife really likes the sweater. Interestingly, the fit pic I posted was of the small, but I also let her try on the large, and she liked that size too for a true oversized look. Where I am struggling with her is that the purchase was a surprise and she is incredibly frugal with her clothing purchases. Probably from being a stay at home mom and mostly wearing items that she doesn’t care get dirty and are easily cleaned. So, I get the, “But I feel bad keeping something I may not wear very often.” But I am working on her to keep the size she prefers.

Personally, I am wavering between the large and XL.

I will add this though too @gdl203. I can’t imagine I am the only one who run into this either. As time has gone I have tried to be more mindful about my purchases. In the beginning it was instakop. And what I found was that I was buying pieces that I liked (for looks, construction, story, etc) but didn’t necessarily fit into my aesthetic. For example, some of the Niche Torrance shirts are amazing to me, and maybe days past I would just buy because they look awesome and are hard to find...but in reality I likely would not wear them much bc they don’t find a happy medium in my rotation. So I have never bought one.

This all brings me to my point, and it certainly is no criticism, so please don’t take it that way. But the way NMWA does it’s drops (only a handful of makers per week) combined with the limited numbers of items you may stock in a style and hard to find brands, sometimes fuels me to want to buy an item that I like, but hold it for a period of time so I can see the other drops and determine whether I may like another similar piece in the future drop better. Does that make sense?

The reason for a return may not be that I didn’t like the garment, it’s just a matter of me liking a future drop piece a little better.

I certainly don’t make this a habit. In fact, it may have only happened a few times. But it’s a dilemma I find myself in at times.

very honest, and thoughtful, and I echo the struggle; personally for me, over the years, I have learnt to make my peace with the fact that I may not be able to buy a certain item if it is dropped later in the season because I bought something early on.

my wife has a straightforward litmus test, "if you regret buying an item if something "better" is available later, then you really don't like this enough"

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think @sood (or rather Mrs sood) said it well. If that's the kind of mindset you find yourself in, maybe only purchase styles that you really love. Buy as if there was no returns allowed. Something you know you want. Keeping stuff for weeks + 1 week each way being in California, has certainly no cost at all for you - it's all upside and optionality. But it's detrimental to the store and to our ability to sell it to someone who really wanted it.

I'm often told we should tighten our return policy, make people pay restocking fees, or blacklist repeat offenders. I'm not sure I want to do any of that - I'd rather instill a sense of community in this. Think about your fellow jawnz enthusiasts before making a decision that has no cost to you but has costs to others.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It will typically take 5 business days (a week) from us to CA, whereas it can take 1 day to addresses in the North East. There is a faster shipping option (at cost) if you value having your items quicker.

All US orders are shipped in order they are received but express shipping orders are shipped first (since people pay for that).

1601586174915.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads