• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Valstar shearling TTS or up one?
Up one. I'd say that is a good rule for all Valstar, except maybe the Clint which can work TTS

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

relim

Reaction score
Anyone have this problem with the Inis Meain belt from earlier this year? Really disappointing from normal wear...

View attachment 1468390
View attachment 1468391
I had this happen to both belts I got this year. I caught it early on the blue/purple belt and reinforced the edge with some thread. Hopefully I stopped it from unraveling more.
I reinforcing the edge on the rainbow colored one when I first got it, but it started to unravel at the edge also. I notice that it unravels from the top of the belt, so the rings might be wearing down the cross threads.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wonder why this happens to some people and not others... Friction somewhere? Belt loops? Defects? It's so strange

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It might be that some people are not being honest with how hard they wear their clothes. It always puzzles me when people get holes in their shoes, soles in general wear out, holes in knits, etc. Not to mention how large every guy's wardrobe is on SF and the luxury to rotate apparel. I think maybe it's admitting to the care or lack thereof that can affect the secondary market, in fear that clothes do not sell since the community is so small and eventually we can screen out who we want to buy from and not based on the actual condition of said clothes and shoes. It is very strange indeed. 🤷‍♂️

dolatron

Reaction score
I wonder why this happens to some people and not others... Friction somewhere? Belt loops? Defects? It's so strange
I have two of these belts, one from this past spring and another from a couple years ago. Neither have this issue and I wear them both frequently, at least 1-2 times a week since getting them. Both of mine stay in the jeans that I wear them with for multiple wears and I only remove them when I wash my denim.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Bolt is the only checkout option on the site.

I'm trying to understand if:
- this has anything to do with one-click checkout (saved info, checkout with a texted code)
- this has anything to do with using store credit
- this has anything to do with using reward points
I have the Document green cord jacket/trouser combo from last fall and the olive SdC seemed too similar for me to justify. Black on the other hand... =)
something about black corduroy this year just has me

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
It might be that some people are not being honest with how hard they wear their clothes. It always puzzles me when people get holes in their shoes, soles in general wear out, holes in knits, etc. Not to mention how large every guy's wardrobe is on SF and the luxury to rotate apparel. I think maybe it's admitting to the care or lack thereof that can affect the secondary market, in fear that clothes do not sell since the community is so small and eventually we can screen out who we want to buy from and not based on the actual condition of said clothes and shoes. It is very strange indeed. 🤷‍♂️
Its a belt. How do exactly wear it hard?

You put it on at the start of the day. You occasionally drop trou. You take it off, and hang it up on a belt rack.

Gimme a break.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yea that’s not it. I’m still unclear as to how that unraveling starts. I’m guessing friction but not sure how/where

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s everything we wished for. It’s always difficult to imagine something and just trust the maker to execute the vision but Valstar is on a higher level when it comes to stuff like that. They knocked it out of the park. Vision perfectly executed.
Looks perfect.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami