• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

dolatron

Reaction score
On the Norwegian Rain jackets: Fit notes say TTS, but I'm a 40 chest 34.5 sleeve, what would you recommend me to go with?
I'm about that size and like the fit of the S. I've even been able to get it over the occasional sports coat but you might want to size up if you're going to wear it that way more often.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What had happened?

The delivery of fabric kept being delayed by the mill, until they officially cancelled it very recently. We will email those who had pre-ordered those today to organize deposit refunds or store credit.
I'm about that size and like the fit of the S. I've even been able to get it over the occasional sports coat but you might want to size up if you're going to wear it that way more often.

40" chest would normally be a medium though. S is better suited for a 38 chest

dolatron

Reaction score
The delivery of fabric kept being delayed by the mill, until they officially cancelled it very recently. We will email those who had pre-ordered those today to organize deposit refunds or store credit.
40" chest would normally be a medium though. S is better suited for a 38 chest
I can definitely see that as the S liner didn't fit me at all. But I do find the S db to have plenty of roomy otherwise... then again, I tend to like my outwear a bit on the snug side.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 Hey Greg, would you recommend a 52 or 54 for me in the valstarino?

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I updated the Formosa pre-orders post with details of the replacement fabric for the discontinued W Bill grey barleycorn.

I think I may like this Delfino Maremma even more. It looks like a stark contrast birdseye in the close-up pics but it resolves to a lovely medium brown with a lot of visual texture when a couple feet away. (I think it's the same fabric used here)

It's like a soft version of a non-flecked donegal tweed.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very late, but wanted to say, everything said about the Gray's Boiled Cashmere sweater is true. It's sooo fluffy. At first I didn't realise but I tried on a few of my other cashmere ones (granted one was heather wallace which is rougher) and it really is nicer, and while some of the cheaper more milled (?) cashmere is soft, this one is soft while retaining a sense of sturdiness. Have to say the price tag probably will make me more self conscious when wearing it, something that I assume can only be fixed by buying more, so it feels less special. Would love to see more similar.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those new Inglese shirts are pretty awesome :).

How would you say the fit is on them? Similar to the dress shirts?

EDIT: I will find out soon enough. Have two coming, one in 40 and the other in 41.

Last edited:

John Grady Cole

Reaction score
I take a 38 and based on Greg's advice and trying it on at the trunk show, I went up to 39. I take a 44R in Formosa.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I take a 38 and based on Greg's advice and trying it on at the trunk show, I went up to 39. I take a 44R in Formosa.

Got it. 40 or 41 should work well for me then. With a 42 the sleeves would likely be too long. Glad I have my easter outfit accounted for :).

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fit is very similar to the shirts, but the pique fabric can shrink more than usual shirting fabric (especially if washed or dried with heat).

If you're uncertain about sizing based on measurements, definitely go the next size up to be safe with regards to shrinking

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the cat is out of the bag, but the first three colors of our new creation are up online. The long sleeve pique shirt. Not a polo shirt (sup @jet ), not a classic shirt, but something in between. As soft wearing and comfortable as a polo shirt, but looking really nice with the large MOP buttons, great BD collar, no placket or pocket. Is it the mullet of shirts? Some frankenshirt? Is it a weird idea? Maybe, yes, yes, yes. But they're really nice and a pretty cool alternative to shirts, polos or tees.

In action:

Last edited:

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a great concept for shirt. It's surprising that it hasn't appeared on the market before, given the interest in casual interpretations of tailoring.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to wear mine with a white and blue seersucker suit. Go big or go home.

Also, G, what are those hats?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus