• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

y'all cray about the martini thing

dirty with blue cheese stuffed olives is the business, you james bond wanna be motherfuckers :lol:
Well the book states bond drank vodka martinis, so on top of him being fictional and only a representation of the author's bad taste he took them all shook up, which for whatever reason makes spirits taste like ****.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hm, I think zissou might be right. Castagno the swatch looks greyish on my screen, but the final product - as photographed by NMWA - looks brown. If it's indeed a dark brown, I'd love to go with that. The color looks great.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Castagno has a dark green hue to it. It's not it. I put it side by side. Castagno would actually make a beautiful cardi IMO

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I confirmed that the brown color (Palissandro) is also available for MTO order
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
y u no comment on rota fabrics made to a full suit?

(sorry if you did and i missed it)

WHO ELSE IS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE WEEKEND TRUNK SHOW?????

coolron

Reaction score
I was super excited.. and then I got sick. I really hope I get better today to make it there tomorrow.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright so here is how things will work for Inis Meain MTO orders for those unable to attend the trunk show in person.

(1) cut a hole in a box

(2) use one of those links to pay for the 50% deposit on your order :

https://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/inis-meain-mto-toggle-shawl-collar-sweater-deposit.html/
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...shoulder-buttoned-gansey-sweater-deposit.html
https://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/inis-meain-mto-aran-cable-buttoned-cardigan-deposit.html/

(3) at checkout, click the box "Add gift message" and enter your color and size. Remember that the cardigan is only available in the solid colors, not the special mixes. Don't forget that the awesome grigio/antracite option use for the sample moss sweater is available.

More details and pics on Inis Meain MTO. The samples, a better shot of the color card, and shots of the special mixes. (note that the moss gansey is also a special mix, Grigio/Antracite)

(4) your card will be charged for that deposit

(5) we will contact everyone to reconfirm or clarify their order next week before sending to production

(6) wait

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
y u no comment on rota fabrics made to a full suit?

(sorry if you did and i missed it)

WHO ELSE IS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE WEEKEND TRUNK SHOW?????

Is that a serious question though? :roma: Rota doesn't make jackets

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was super excited.. and then I got sick. I really hope I get better today to make it there tomorrow.

:(

Is that a serious question though?  :roma:     Rota doesn't make jackets

it was a medium serious question. like to in theory buy up enough fabric for a jacket and have someone else make it. but its not really serious enough for you to devote any thought to it for now. if i was 100% ready to do it with a specific fabric, than yes, it would be a very serious question. : )

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greg,

Looks like the same size in the Inis Meain fit differently (have different chest measurements). Specifically between the cardigan and the toggle shawl. Can you clarify?

So do I need to upsize one for the toggle shawl?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg,

Looks like the same size in the Inis Meain fit differently (have different chest measurements). Specifically between the cardigan and the toggle shawl. Can you clarify?

So do I need to upsize one for the toggle shawl?
Greg may have a different answer, but ime, a garment generally fits best the way the maker intended it to fit, and playing around with the sizing is not a great idea. There are exceptions of course - for example, for some garment dyed pieces, sometimes the manufacturer just hasn't done their homework, and the garment shrinks more than it ought to have.

I've tried on both of these pieces. The cardigan is meant more as a jacket, and the toggle shawl, which I've tried on many times, is meant as a "semi-fitted" piece, a second layer. That said, both pieces fit the overall aesthetic of the brand, which includes a clean, but softer, and not particularly aggressive, silhouette.

If you mess around with sizing, the proportions get thrown off, the shoulder won't quite fit, etc... My recommendation is that if you don't like the way a piece is supposed to fit, to move on. There are tons of options, and there is no sense in trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

Edouard

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads