• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Frank

The shoulder measurements seem rather narrow for TTS for a 40 (I'd expect something about 18 inches or so on your SCs). But it looks to fit you fine in the shoulders. Measurements can be so confusing sometimes.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't know how Frank can fit a sports coat under there I can barely fit a thin knit but he's a tad smaller than me I suspect.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Frank

The shoulder measurements seem rather narrow for TTS for a 40 (I'd expect something about 18 inches or so on your SCs). But it looks to fit you fine in the shoulders. Measurements can be so confusing sometimes. 

This was in the very first order I made from NMWA fall of 2013, so I probably picked 40 because, well, that's my size!

It does get a little tight in the shoulders with a sweater underneath, and a SC with any padding in the shoulders isn't really ideal to wear with it. So maybe sizing up one would be a good idea for regular wear over a SC.

Greg will offer sound advice on this, I'm sure.

I don't know how Frank can fit a sports coat under there I can barely fit a thin knit but he's a tad smaller than me I suspect.

Likely so. Really the only thing I lift with any regularity is a coffee cup. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love the tie.

Awesome outfit. I actually just rec'd my Drapers hopsack jacket today. Can't wait to be part of the club.
fistbump.gif

Quote:

Great jacket. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

Six, that is superb.

Thanks! The jacket and tie are both great. I think the tie is still available ...

Also pictured: Rota fawn flannel and Mazzy oxford. Not pictured but worn: Farnese brown tubo belt.

LoKey

Reaction score
I'm also interested in sizing help for the Alva. I typically wear a US size 42 jacket and will occasionally want the option of wearing the Alva over an odd jacket. I'm assuming I should go up to size 44 but the 47.6 inch chest measurement is causing me to hesitate.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for digging up that photo @jet

I think the one I have was simply called brown. No fancy name that I recall. It didn't get restocked this fall maybe? But it took some serious willpower on my part not to pick up one of the single breasted versions year.

These coats are awesome because;
Pop the big collar for style and warmth
Deep pockets easy to stuff gloved hands into
Warm in fall and spring worn over a shirt
Warm in winter worn over a sweater
Light, but quilted wool outer is a sturdy and doesn't show wear.

I feel like this needs to be printed framed and included with every purchase of that jacket.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time I am in Chicago I really need to meet up with @FrankCowperwood and @PatrickR.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bounce2:

Swangerman

Reaction score
Yes, it's long enough to wear over a SC. The way the shoulders are cut and the size I have (40, which is what I'd call TTS for me), means that anything with a structured shoulder doesn't fit too comfortably underneath, but it does fit.

Trying to get a sense of my size...are you a 40 in Eidos Napoli (assuming you have some of their suiting)?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I imagine something like this happening

Right, except for that instead of that silver thing that what I take to be a crowd of Chavistas is holding aloft, it would be In Stitches in one of his outrageously good fits. And we'd all be shouting "¡Viva En Stitches, que viva!"

Trying to get a sense of my size...are you a 40 in Eidos Napoli (assuming you have some of their suiting)?

No Eidos yet. I ordered a 52 (42) in the field coat and it's pending delivery Monday :)lurk:), but I bet Kyle can steer you in the right direction.

Last edited:

hrv123

Reaction score
Yes shoulder sizing in the Alva and Waverly would be appreciated. I'm a 54 in eidos and 52 in formosa,

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got to head over to NMWA HQ and figure out my sizing in quite a few things. Sadly no pictures were taken, though I definitely got some good ideas going forward. Kyle was extremely kind and generous with his time. Most important takeaways are that (1) it is a matter of when and not if for Formosa (probably fall pre-orders) as a 38S is going to be pretty much perfect on me and (2) Vass derbys in the New Peter last fit my wide feet (I am typically an 8EEE in Allen Edmonds, 8EEE in Alden (though can fit into some 9Es as well) and the size 42 works for me pretty well. Anyone with wide feet who is in the NYC area (or travels there) should definitely check them out if you haven't already. I can't guarantee they'll fit you as well, but I was thrilled to find out that they worked for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads