• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zink & Sons Tailors in Sydney

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been several threads here about tailors in Sydney. Names such as John Cutler, Adamo Marrone and Sam DiSano (among others) have been bandied about. But I've never heard of Zink & Sons before, and I came across their website (address below) purely by accident. Looks quite good. Does anyone here (Sator? Anyone else?) have any information on them? I'm really curious.

http://www.zinkandsons.com.au/index.html

Wrigglez

Reaction score
thats an interesting one. its fantastic that sf has shed light on little gems around oz. cant say i've heard of them before, but thats not to say there not fantastic. i need to live in sydney.

Smudge

Reaction score
Good find, Wraith. Haven't come across them myself but looks promising. I'll keep my ears open.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These guys are in Oxford St - have been for years. Shop kind of looks like Val Parks in the city - like it's somehow survived intact from a bygone era. They have begun advertising on the net lately.

Let me make it clear that I have never had any experience with them. BUT... I have heard a story from a family member who had a suit made there a long time ago, and apparently the lapels were out of alignment (i.e. they botched it). I also have an older friend that raved about the suits he had made there in the 70s, but he is hardly what I would term a stylish guy
confused.gif

As a result of the mixed feedback I've never given the place a go, but out of curiosity would love to hear if anyone has had any more recent experience with them...

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
These guys are in Oxford St - have been for years. Shop kind of looks like Val Parks in the city - like it's somehow survived intact from a bygone era. They have begun advertising on the net lately.

Let me make it clear that I have never had any experience with them. BUT... I have heard a story from a family member who had a suit made there a long time ago, and apparently the lapels were out of alignment (i.e. they botched it). I also have an older friend that raved about the suits he had made there in the 70s, but he is hardly what I would term a stylish guy
confused.gif

As a result of the mixed feedback I've never given the place a go, but out of curiosity would love to hear if anyone has had any more recent experience with them...

Interesting, thanks for that, Prince. I, too, would be very interested in hearing more about them.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I've walked past there many a time when I used to live in Sydney and wondered how they have survived all these years. I agree they are very much in that Val Parks/Fletcher Jones kind of era. I dare say they have survived off old money clients all these years and now the clients are dying off but are not being replaced with younger ones, hence the web advertising.

Can't say I know anyone that has used them though unfortunately.

They are at the dodgy end of Oxford st (darlinghurst end) by the way.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to drop in for a visit but have never got around to it. They have been on that historical site for several generations now. I imagine that in days gone by that strip was less dogdy than it is today. Rene Rivkin used to be one of their clients.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked in a few years ago..

I walked out very quickly..

I now walk on the other side, if I have to walk..

Lucky I drive now..

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
I've been meaning to drop in for a visit but have never got around to it. They have been on that historical site for several generations now. I imagine that in days gone by that strip was less dogdy than it is today. Rene Rivkin used to be one of their clients.

Need we say more?

rivkin_bridge_wideweb__430x297.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads