• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He needs a cuff, but he needs the tailor to do it.

He also needs a better. more natural pose.

Some close-ups would be nice too, and the back.

intfxdx

Reaction score
i recently bought this isaia suit on the forum, it's enrico model and color and fabric is great. i would like to have your view about the fit.. (sleeves are going to be shortened)

-- It's a regular suit, do you think that i should go for a short ?
-- It has almost 42" chest and i have a 38.3" chest, do you think that chest is too large ? should i bring it to tailor to take off 1" (0.5 on both sides) ? I really am reluctant because in Switzerland it is impossible to find a tailor who makes suits and other alteration tailors may destroy the jacket.
Attachment 63208
Attachment 63209
Attachment 63207
Attachment 63210

Thanks !

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I do like how the suits fit on you too!

Even though I'm more into slim fit, I think the suits fit you well.

hammer07

Reaction score
Not bad. Personal preference but I too would prefer a slimmer fit. It's a bit hard to judge the length without a full body shot.

alphaO888

Reaction score
I can't put my finger on it but it looks like the jacket is too big on you from the front - there's a little too much space in the chest and it looks like it is consuming you. From the back it doesn't look too bad.

just an fyi - whenever you buy a jacket that is size 40" it will measure out to be about a 41"-42" (for 95% of designers).

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
i had a prl sport coat and chest is 40" but i am not comfortable in it, it is tight at the torso. , i read on the forum that some member who has 40" chest wears suit jacket who has also 40" chest...i don't understand how they are comfortable in it..

Don't worry about chest measurements,the suit fits you fine in the chest, the only issue is the wrinkles in the sleeves in the back but that is to be expected with RTW stuff, overall, it is very good, I wouldn't touch a thing except maybe take the sleeves in just a little bit.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
It has almost 42" chest and i have a 38.3" chest, do you think that chest is too large ?

4" of ease is perfectly normal so I do not expect you should need to have the chest taken in, though it depends how close you want it to fit. Even for a very 'slim-fit' look you would rarely want to go below 2" of ease.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads