Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Edgar Allan Pwn, Apr 11, 2011.

1. vandave

vandave Member

Three suits to critique please.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Three suits to critique please.

#1 and #2 looks big on your shoulder and everything.

And whatever you wear, even though you wear 4 button, just button only 1 button.

#3 looks best of these three.

3. Mr.P

Mr.P Senior member

BOOM HEADSHOT

[​IMG]

4. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Not sure about the fit of my jacket here, and I didn't want to make a new thread for it, so I'm glad this thread came up:
    ???

+1, way to many 'fit', 'shirt' and 'wedding' threads
    Too many? Too many for what? Judging by what I see out on the streets, not enough.

[​IMG]
    The suit is definitely making you look fat, EAP. In this pic you don't even look like the same guy who's been posting in WAYWRN. (That's you, right?)

[​IMG]
    Aren't there supposed to be numbers on the lines behind you?

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Aren't there supposed to be numbers on the lines behind you?
    I get that a lot, based on my ID badge which contains a picture taken against a similar background. Meanwhile, points for the tie dimple, no?

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

???

Too many? Too many for what? Judging by what I see out on the streets, not enough.

Definitely too many. Like 56 per day on average, which disappear in a black hole after a few days. And then the circus starts all over again, because people forgot what advice other people got. If you put it in one thread, people can read through the whole thread with all the suggestions made to other people and draw their own conclusions. I say: pin it, and pin it fast, together with Foo's, who can occassionaly pick good pics from this thread and do his thing.

7. TTO

TTO Senior member

Definitely too many. Like 56 per day on average, which disappear in a black hole after a few days. And then the circus starts all over again, because people forgot what advice other people got. If you put it in one thread, people can read through the whole thread with all the suggestions made to other people and draw their own conclusions. I say: pin it, and pin it fast, together with Foo's, who can occassionaly pick good pics from this thread and do his thing.

^This!
    -TTO

8. vandave

vandave Member

#1 and #2 looks big on your shoulder and everything.

And whatever you wear, even though you wear 4 button, just button only 1 button.

#3 looks best of these three.

Thanks.

#2 and #3 are new. #3 is looking good.

For #2, I am going to get them to shorten the pants, shorten the sleeves and to pull the back in a little tighter to get a better fit around the chest and waist (mostly waist). Does that make sense?

9. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Okay, so in a last-ditch effort to determine whether to keep the suit or return it and eat the shipping, I've tried a re-shoot, this time from further away and with more zoom so as to mitigate the effect of lens and perspective distortion.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And in this last pic I tugged at the lapels a bit to see if I could get them to look like they were rolled a bit closer to the button. I'm undecided on the results. Frankly, I'm leaning towards return.

[​IMG]

EA,

I think this cut is wrong for you, it's too short and too slim fitting, that along with the high button stance isn't working for you. That jacket length does seem to work for some, but I find it a bit short overall, I'd go with something 1" to 1-1/2" longer.

The pants need to be shortened in the back rise, that's whats causing the thigh to bag out.

10. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

EA,

I think this cut is wrong for you, it's too short and too slim fitting, that along with the high button stance isn't working for you. That jacket length does seem to work for some, but I find it a bit short overall, I'd go with something 1" to 1-1/2" longer.

The pants need to be shortened in the back rise, that's whats causing the thigh to bag out.

Yup. I've actually decided to return the suit and keep my eyes peeled for something a bit more traditional.

I have what I believe to be a much more flattering suit being altered right now. Will make it's first appearance next week.

11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Good concept for a thread; should hopefully absorb most of the short/inconclusive fit advice threads and actually make them helpful to thosee thread starters.

13. bemow

bemow Active Member

hi guys what about my online MTM shirt? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Meanwhile, points for the tie dimple, no?
    Absolutely! [​IMG]

15. greger

greger Senior member

They extend past your knuckles in the front. See the green line.

Makes you look short when you are of average height.

[​IMG]

Some people have long arms and others short and yet jacket length is usually best at brow of the seat. This coat is fine.