1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Official?) Fit Critique Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Edgar Allan Pwn, Apr 11, 2011.

1. blendenj

blendenj New Member

New Indochino shirt order: [​IMG] [​IMG] It's obviously too tight in the chest... How much bigger does my chest measurement need to be? 2 inches? 1 inch? Or is it also a problem with the shoulder measurement? Thanks....

2. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

New Indochino shirt order:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's obviously too tight in the chest...

How much bigger does my chest measurement need to be? 2 inches? 1 inch? Or is it also a problem with the shoulder measurement?

Thanks....

I think it's purely a chest issue. Notice how all the wrinkles radiate from one point on either side. That's where the tension is.

3. Aldehyde

Aldehyde Senior member

What say you? Too short?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
  5. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

^ The big flaw is that the jacket is too short for someone your height. Button stance is also too low for a tall person. Also, might want to get a jacket with more shoulder padding. You've got sloped shoulders.

Shirt collar doesn't fit either. Too big. Spread collar design would complement the slim lapel aesthetic better.

Knot is poorly tied. Needs to be a FIH pulled tight for a skinny tie like that.

+1

6. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

^ No. Looks good.
    It's a decent "modern" fit. People of average height can get away with (slightly) shorter jackets.

7. acecow

acecow Senior member

new request for critiques.. here is a bbgf navy suit. i am surprised that it has almost 19" shoulders for a 38R jacket (tagged 38) and also i would expect jacket lapels to be hand stitched but i can't see anything on the lapels about stitching... but it's full canvassed.
    Do you think that it's too large at shoulders or it's fine ? what about overall fit ? i will ask tailor to take a little at the waist level.
    Attachment 63523
    Attachment 63526
    Attachment 63524
    Attachment 63525

i pulled back sleeves, they are going to be altered and no worry about tie and shirt

The shoulders are too big, but it's workable. I'd return it, but if you like it and really want to keep it, go ahead.

What say you? Too short?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It would've been better if it were slightly longer. Can you lengthen it at all?

It's a decent "modern" fit. People of average height can get away with (slightly) shorter jackets.

That too.

8. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

It's not even that short. Covers his buttocks.

9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

It would've been better if it were slightly longer. Can you lengthen it at all?

Not physically possible... where would that fabric come from?

10. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I've decided this jacket is next for the Tailors. I've looked, and there's something funky going on with the lapel that I can see, and while my shoulders are hitting in the front, something funky's going on round back. Any other thoughts? [​IMG]

11. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

You leaning right? Some are gonna hate on the shoulders, but I think they're fine.

12. mktitsworth

Nah. Crappy phone pic. End of a 16 hour day.

The shoulders are fine in the front, but around back they just don't conform with the shape of my shoulder. They also feel constricting... they just seem off to me.

13. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Nah. Crappy phone pic. End of a 16 hour day.

The shoulders are fine in the front, but around back they just don't conform with the shape of my shoulder. They also feel constricting... they just seem off to me.

The baseboard in the bathroom is more or less level. Either you had a foot significantly in front of the other, or there's something very lopsided going on in that jacket (or you).

14. mktitsworth

The baseboard in the bathroom is more or less level. Either you had a foot significantly in front of the other, or there's something very lopsided going on in that jacket (or you).

*shrug* There's a definite angle to the bathroom. The other thing you're probably seeing though is that my right shoulder is low. The lapel weirdness also accentuates the whole thing.

15. Aldehyde

Aldehyde Senior member

Thanks guys, I think I'll keep it.

It is about 1" shorter than anything else I have so looks a bit strange and different to me, which is why I was looking for a second opinion.

I can still return it, but it has been a bit difficult finding a navy summer coat.

Plus it's got a cool pink half lining. [​IMG]

16. blendenj

blendenj New Member

I think it's purely a chest issue. Notice how all the wrinkles radiate from one point on either side. That's where the tension is.

Thanks!

17. Heuristic

Heuristic Member

I'm back, and I've hopefully fixed my shirt and tie. I at least did what was requested, spread collar (smaller size) and FIH pulled tight. Does this help that area at least?

[​IMG]

The pants, unfortunately, are still a mess in the back.

18. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Looks like your shirt sleeves may be a tad long. Jacket fit looks good to me, but I don't have much experience in critiquing jacket fit.

19. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

@Heur Are your pants pulled all the way up?

20. Heuristic

Heuristic Member

Admittedly I was wearing no belt, so probably not, no. They are baggy around the legs even pulled up.