• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

AshishArya

Reaction score
In November, a friend bought me 5 ties from your store in Singapore and you included a hand-written note. I don't know if you remember.

Have not been able to reply to it but want to say thank you through my first post on this forum.

The ties are great and I love wearing them.

Thank you.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great to see you here, Gerald. My favorite tie is still my green Vanda... and being able to choose the length and width is a huge benefit.

If you're taking requests, I'd love to see some dark chocolate brown shantung pop up at some point - similar to the green or these blues:

Thanks! Well noted on the brown shantung. We'll see what we can do!

In November, a friend bought me 5 ties from your store in Singapore and you included a hand-written note. I don't know if you remember.

Have not been able to reply to it but want to say thank you through my first post on this forum.

The ties are great and I love wearing them.

Thank you.

Yes of course I remember your friend coming in. Wear the ties in good health!

AshishArya

Reaction score
Yes of course I remember your friend coming in. Wear the ties in good health!

Thank you! Will keep them close. Hopefully life will give us an opportunity to meet sometime.

Will wish you luck for the success of this thread and greater success for your business.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A small selection of lined six-fold ties, made from 36oz handprinted silks from Macclesfield.

Dry hand, matte finish and super lively!

Last edited:

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our latest collection is now live on our site! The texture of our new hand tie-dyed shibori fabric would probably interest some of you:

Really great texture on these guys - crinkly and bubbly which reminds me of seersucker.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After my first purchase from Gerald and Diana from their initial collection, I was instantly persuaded that these were not only the best value ties on the market, but perhaps the best ties period. I've bought my ties over the past five years nearly exclusively from G&D. The tie below is one of the ties that started it all -- a woven brown "fancy wool." It's looks nearly new all these years later (though my photo, of course, leaves something to be desired). If the forum is collecting candidates for an old stock rerun, this should be at the top of the list. I'd buy a spare.

Photo for a long, rainy day (repost from the old thread).

Vanda "fancy wool" woven tie from debut collection in 2011
Vanda mud-dyed floral PS

The rest is Luigi Bianchi Mantova and Gitman for Epaulet.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^Thanks gents.

We are very particular about our rolled edges, and it's always nice to know these little details are appreciated.

Most pocket squares these days are left to the printing factories to be hemmed - mostly by machine (see our old blog post for a comparison), and less often by hand. We insist on hand rolling our pocket squares in our own workshop even though it obviously costs us more time and money, mostly because we think we do a better job.

Here's how we roll:

And finished:

Comparison of our hand rolled edges (bottom) vs a machine rolled edge (top):

jamie411

Reaction score
I own 3 ties and a PS, and they're all fantastic. I love the variety of unique fabrics on offer, and of course the construction is excellent.

My one request would be for more pocket squares with a border - like the zodiac collection.

Best of luck!

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen I definitely delayed for too long, but I'm assuming the fact that the burnt orange donegal is only available in the standard size means there's no more of the fabric? Maybe some fell behind the table? :D

Want that one and thinking I'd order the blue flowers along with it :nodding:

Tallcane

Reaction score
Just ordered two ties. One light blue and orange madder and a moss with interesting texture. Looking forward to receiving them. Thanks Vanda.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@gshen I definitely delayed for too long, but I'm assuming the fact that the burnt orange donegal is only available in the standard size means there's no more of the fabric? Maybe some fell behind the table?

Hey, we are out of the workshop till Wed so i cant say for sure till we search the place. Will send you an email then!

Just ordered two ties. One light blue and orange madder and a moss with interesting texture. Looking forward to receiving them. Thanks Vanda.

Thanks very much. You wont be disappointed :slayer:

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some VBC hopsacks (100% wool) just arrived, to be crafted into lined 4-fold ties. These have a really soft and drapey feel with a dry finish, and would be great for spring, maybe even summer.

We're working with local stockist of VBC fabrics who stocks a pretty awesome range of colours, and we can pretty much order any colour as long as we hit a minimum of 2 ties. Will post studio shots of the various shades soon, but if you're keen on anything you see in the meantime, just leave a message here, and you might find a partner keen to order one as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads