• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends how big you want it. Takes about 2.5 sq yards of raw material to make a coat. You also can't just go to any tailor, your working with hides, you gotta go to someone who works with leather and specializes in such. It would be a costly endeavor but could prove to be worth it in the end.

Last edited:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your interior decorating concept is derived from Blood Meridian then, sure, a fur blanket would be awesome.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sort for the flash, I've cleaned the soles and replaced the laces. They looks alright?

Chotii

Reaction score
Will they though? I literally pass on minks and furs daily, just walk right by them, I got one place that must have at least 10 full length minks alone, and not once have I considered thrifting them. The market place is saturated and the general public doesn't want to buy fur. Either they don't approve or they don't want other people to think they do. Maybe it's just my city, but thrifts are flooded with all types of furs, one lady even told me she got a baby seal coat a few years back from one of my spots, but as far as purchasing to sell? it's not a smart investment. It's tying up money in an item that could potentially sit for 6 months or longer when that same money could otherwise be invested in items that actually have a market and turnover much quicker and efficiently. The fur market is dead unless its sheared or it's attached to a tag that says Hermes or Loro Piana or something on par, besides that it, it just doesn't make financial sense.
My reasons work for me - I know they wouldn't work for you. There are some things I buy and try to sell because they're so damn cool. I get a huge amount of pleasure from researching them and then making them available to the one person out there who will appreciate them. For me, it isn't just the money. I have to actually enjoy what I'm doing, or I'm going to hate doing it. My income is important to my family, but it's still a secondary income. I would surely make different choices if it were up to me to pay the mortgage and everything by myself.

I also know my limits. The coat was too damaged. :(

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sort for the flash, I've cleaned the soles and replaced the laces. They looks alright?
I could be in the minority here but I'd like to see them with flat laces instead of round.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ahk11

Reaction score
Not really a big ticket item but a personal grail. Military issued Marathon navigator with tritium lume. Been looking to thrift one of these in working condition for years.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your interior decorating concept is derived from Blood Meridian then, sure, a fur blanket would be awesome.
People decorate their homes with fur all the time. **** I have a cowhide in my living room. People have bears, Zebras, Tigers, in their bedrooms, king size minks to cover their king size comforters, fur accent pillows or throws for their giant sofas.... essentially the exact opposite of your correlation.

noob15

Reaction score
Not really a big ticket item but a personal grail. Military issued Marathon navigator with tritium lume. Been looking to thrift one of these in working condition for years.

+1 on these. Surprisingly good watches and I love the tritium lume. I keep looking for a GSAR or TSAR to drop in my lap, since those are some of the best tool watches IMO.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People decorate their homes with fur all the time. **** I have a cowhide in my living room. People have bears, Zebras, Tigers, in their bedrooms, king size minks to cover their king size comforters, fur accent pillows or throws for their giant sofas....  essentially the exact opposite of your correlation.

Cool

ahk11

Reaction score
+1 on these. Surprisingly good watches and I love the tritium lume. I keep looking for a GSAR or TSAR to drop in my lap, since those are some of the best tool watches IMO.

Same here, GSAR or TSAR would be the holy grail for me, I just haven't been able to bring myself to shell out for ebay prices. This'll do for now. I only wish it was the manual wind version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads