• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three Awesome Thrift Finds, Part 2 - May 25, 2015

Styleforum Ari

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Last thread was such a success, I figured, why not again?

ChetB: Brunello Cucinelli Pants
I never check the pants. Today I checked the pants. 50% off and my size and n/a
smile.gif

How much is a pair of Brunello Cucinelli pants at retail these days? $400? $600? Well, ChetB doesn't need to know, because he found literally 5 pairs of incredibly, awesomely, perfectly Italian dress trousers. Seriously, who's that lucky?

double00: A2 Leather Jackets

Well, seems we can't quote the old thread, so here's a quick update with a cut and copy.
Here's a Willis and Geiger a2 from a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure whether it was horse, or goat, or cow, or what... @HansderHund suggested horse, but I thought "naw..."

LL

I did a little more research on W&G, and this definitely isn't goat - it's way too stiff and it's actually heavier than I thought at first - so that leaves... HorsePop!

Turns out my a-2 game is strong these days:

GoatPop!

Also this. With all the fixins. and raglan!

Let's think about A2 leather jackets for a second: where do most people get them these days, and what do they pay for? Temple of Jawnz is gone - and those jackets retailed for, like $800 - or they look for an Aero or similar repro (good luck finding one of those for under $1,000). Or you can just wander to your local thrift store and find two authentic, repro-style goat and cow leather jackets. Incredible.

snackbandit: Mister Freedom... something

This post is a little light on details, but uh, what else do you need to know: it's some goddamn MISTER FREEDOM. Holy goddamn ****, it's like Self Edge has come to life, vomited its best stock all over everyone, and then threw open its cashregisters and starting making it rain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads