• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style Inspo in Movies & TV (+etc.)

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pic18.jpg

398-2.jpg

o11fssweater-main.jpg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michael Douglas captures the essence of the 1980’s ruthless business man; contrast collar, braces, slicked back hair:

0a0f916ecf535aa0c4c5211df7645ec8.jpg

Charlie Sheen is at first naive and innocent (note the color scheme):

Wall-Street-1987-film-images-224553ca-90c8-442c-a70f-1d19235c1ab.jpg

But before long the transformation to the dark side is complete:

e77e48cc3e5b457cb573df9b258c0827.jpg

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I’ve always loved films that capture and catalog a moment in time. “American Gigolo” did this better than just about any other film, capturing the excess and decadence of LA and the 80’s, and Julian and his Armani wardrobe perfectly captured the ethos:

358827.jpg

Truly remarkable if you consider it was filmed in '79 and released in the first weeks of 1980. It didn't really 'capture' the 80s ethos as much as set the ethos on its way, especially Armani.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dickie.jpg

I've actually never seen the movie, but there are designers out there basing entire collections on how "Dickie Greenleaf" (Jude Law) dressed in "The Talented Mr. Ripley."

barutanseijin

Reaction score
View attachment 1784158

I've actually never seen the movie, but there are designers out there basing entire collections on how "Dickie Greenleaf" (Jude Law) dressed in "The Talented Mr. Ripley."

The Talented Mr Ripley is very faithful to the Patricia Highsmith book, which is great, but in other respects doesn’t measure up to the first film adaptation Plein Soleil. Matt Damon is an OK Ripley but Alain Delon was on different level. Such a great performance at such a young age. The cinematography is legendary, too.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Live By Night" Starring Ben Affleck
1650871940724.png

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What I have found, it was Attolini.

Something what is also fantastic about the movie is the light. They created in so many scenes a great mood and the light is in my opinion like an unnoticed supporting actor.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ day of the jackal ? never seen the movie but the book was ok

edit : i'll chip in . i recently sat down with Cutter's Way , 1981 . jeff bridges john heard set and beautifully shot in santa barbara . great neo noir flick . all of bridges fits are terrific he's a bit of a gigolo

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.26.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.27.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.27.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.27.32 PM.png

Last edited:

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From To Kill a Mockingbird

"What’d He Wear?
Although Atticus Finch assures his daughter that their family is poor, the country lawyer retains a relatively wide selection of three-piece suits, all cut and styled similarly, that prove suitable for seasonal rotation: dark flannel for the cooler seasons, a light-colored worsted for the intermediate months, and—most famous of all—the heroic seersucker he wears for Tom Robinson’s summertime trial."
fullsizeoutput_124b.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads