1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't posted in awhile mainly due to the fact that there haven't been any good topics on this board lately (guess I should start taking picutres and posting in what did you wear today) so I made this topic. This is the place to tal about both the japanese Uniqlo and the new flagship store that just opened in Soho and beyond. Starting it off, so has anyone been to the new flagship store yet?

2. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Yep. It's huge, it's beautiful, the clothes are OK.

3. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

5. nastyandy

nastyandy Well-Known Member

I actually stopped in Uniqlo yesterday to purchase a cashmere sweater and while I was there I decided to check out the denim. The last thing I need is another pair of jeans. . .I was going to wait until after the new year before I buy another pair.

However, I don't have a pair in unwashed black, and at $40, I figured I couldn't go wrong. When I noticed that everything comes only in inseams 32 and 34, I figured I may as well pass, but it turns out that they will hem the jeans in the stor for you for free, within an hour. So what the hell. . .can't beat it.

On a side note, while I was waiting for the alteration, I took a walk over to Blue in Green, and checked out some Samurais, and realized there's no way I'll be able to wait until after new years for more jeans. [​IMG]

6. alleyooptroop

alleyooptroop Well-Known Member

when do you think they'll open a store in LA

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

How's their current winter stuff? I was a little disappointed to hear that they were bringing in designers to do their summer collection. Winter is clearly superior to summer.

8. nastyandy

nastyandy Well-Known Member

How's their current winter stuff? I was a little disappointed to hear that they were bringing in designers to do their summer collection. Winter is clearly superior to summer.

They have a tons of cashmere goodies at very good prices, including some really cool cashmere rugby shirts and hoodies. Was a decent selection of blazers all under $100, lots of button down/dress shirts, various winter jackets and some nice loking trench coats, but aside from the basics, surprisingly only a few 'conceptual' or really cutting edge designer items. Also an assortment of flannel shirts, which I have really never found any interest in since grunge.

I think the majority of the designer stuff was the t-shirt wall. There was a huge assortment of tees by various designers.

9. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

The have some Blazers and stuff on sale for about $40 in the Japanese stores right now. The whole Dress up denim line is also on sale right now. (I put a few things on my christmas list for my girl to get me)

10. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

I wish i was closer to NYC..

11. maxse

maxse Active Member

I actually stopped in Uniqlo yesterday to purchase a cashmere sweater and while I was there I decided to check out the denim. The last thing I need is another pair of jeans. . .I was going to wait until after the new year before I buy another pair.

However, I don't have a pair in unwashed black, and at $40, I figured I couldn't go wrong. When I noticed that everything comes only in inseams 32 and 34, I figured I may as well pass, but it turns out that they will hem the jeans in the stor for you for free, within an hour. So what the hell. . .can't beat it.

On a side note, while I was waiting for the alteration, I took a walk over to Blue in Green, and checked out some Samurais, and realized there's no way I'll be able to wait until after new years for more jeans. [​IMG]

Im a newbie and thinking of checking out both of these stores. How can I get from on Uniqlo to he BiG? Also these unwashed Uniqlo jeans should I go a size bigger because they will shrink after the wash or will it stay the same at the waste?

12. Goldengloves

Goldengloves Well-Known Member

Had a chance to check out the store last week during a trip to NY. I must say, the store is amazing. Great layout, nice modern design with everything easy to find, the staff was very helpful, and the prices are damn near impossible to beat.
    I must've spent a good 2 hours in there just looking through everything and trying it on. The dressing rooms were never full despite how many people were in there. They had so many items of clothing it was insane, a lot of basics like sweaters, jackets, tees, vests, and pants. You could go in there with $500 and come out with a whole new wardrobe!

I was extremely stoked on the store and the quality of the garments for the price tag. Even my Mom was stoked to be in there and found a ton of cashmere items for herself and she isn't much of a "shopper" per say.

13. j

j Well-Known Member

The unwashed jeans do not shrink much unless you put them in the dryer. Buy ones that fit.

14. Jacob06

Jacob06 New Member

I was just there last week after hearing all the hype, i must say its a beautiful store there in soho just like most new stores. to me the clothing seemed more interesting on their website. the clothing is pretty bland and plain they compare it to the Japanese version of the gap I can see why, So i guess its ok for your basics but nothing really new or unique. but I would agree that that prices are reasonable wo why not go. but i was in h&m recently and they got some nice throw around clothes there lately they were organized a bit better than usual stoe near me looked neater and that's important in having a clothing store that the styles are all organized and not just strewn on one rack odds and mixed styles on one rack makes the store look like crap.

15. metkirk

metkirk Well-Known Member

Someone please post some pictures of the stuff they carry, I have a friend in NYC who can buy me some Uniqlo. Thanks [​IMG]

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I'm having a buddy pick some basics up for me, do they have cashmere socks and how are they/also how much? Any must haves?

17. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

I was just there last week after hearing all the hype, i must say its a beautiful store there in soho just like most new stores. to me the clothing seemed more interesting on their website. the clothing is pretty bland and plain they compare it to the Japanese version of the gap I can see why, So i guess its ok for your basics but nothing really new or unique. but I would agree that that prices are reasonable wo why not go.
    I agree, I think the store is beautiful, but the clothes are kind of boring for the most part; it's not at all what I expected. I thought it was going to be very modern, trendy type stuff, but most of it's conservative. The sizes run huge; I'm a pretty true medium, and only the smalls fit me. Maybe it's more for sweater-wearers and people excited about inexpensive cashmere, which isn't me. I picked up a great winter scarf (they have some really nice ones for $10). Also got an argyle sweater-vest that's crew neck, have no idea what top to wear with it though, any suggestions? I may take it back, seems weird that it's not a v-neck.

18. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Well-Known Member

Wow, the store in NYC doesn't sound as appealing as the ones in Japan. I absolutly loved the clothes when I was there.

19. JesseJB

JesseJB Well-Known Member

So does the SoHo store take orders over the phone?

20. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

Someone please post some pictures of the stuff they carry, I have a friend in NYC who can buy me some Uniqlo. Thanks [​IMG]
    don't be lazy, go look at their website! does anyone in NY know if they've re-stocked the Vintage Chinos recently?