• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adidas were created from GATs right?

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jompso... Yep that donation would have certainly ended up on here if anyone of us found it and then likely been nominated for the cheapies! Sometimes you do always wonder what is going through someone's mind when that stuff shows up. I'm sure you made someone very happy that day.
The donation may have occurred before the existence of the original thread, I dunno, it depends when the first retro releases were for all those models, donation probably happened about 8 years ago at least. I just hope they went to someone appreciative of the find and not someone with no clue. And that thought crosses my mind nearly every time I'm out in the field.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you were a sneaker guy. They're GATs dude, German Army Trainers, they're like classic, iconic sneakers, how you a sneaker head and unfamiliar with GATs....regardless, these are the original iconic sneaker, but this variation is made out of horsehide and suede....they are the cordovan equivalent for sneakers...I'm just confused... I am going to respectively declare that although you and your fellow thumb uppers have the right to your opinions. you are all wrong and need to change your tastes to being better. Hope I've helped with that journey.
Fixed this for you man.

Doomsticks

Reaction score
Finally found a torso woop!
Ran home with it during my 30 minute lunchbreak and snapped a quick photo:

And on the torso a thriftstore pop:

Hopeless pictures, its more of a blue colour, and its gorgeous.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I love the smell of commerce in the morning..." -Brodie

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adidas were created from GATs right?
I don't think the brand in it's entirety was but stan smiths and shell toes were most likely inspired, possibly the stripes as well, their take on the classic design perhaps, dunno..

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Use the multi-quote feature homie.

Are you ******** me?

You gave Space Jams away?
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
I feel deflated.

Anyway, I've put my Valentino Boutique jacket on eBay now. If anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/172054073135?

Is that actually yours or did you thrift it? If the latter, try not to say it was worn only once or twice because that's BS. Also, get yourself to the B/S thrift thread.

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[quote name="ridethecliche"Is that actually yours or did you thrift it? If the latter, try not to say it was worn only once or twice because that's BS. Also, get yourself to the B/S thrift thread.
[/quote]

It's mine man :) it was technically thrifted, but the owner said the person who donated it never wore it. It came with the hang tags on the buttons and that weird silica gel thing in the pocket. I still have them in a box along with my spare buttons and seeing stuff. No lies my man :)

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jompso

Original GATs were designed and produced by a company/factory owned and run by the family that founded Adidas and Puma. They were both started by quarreling brothers (possibly over splitting up the company business).

Adidas Sambas are based in the OG design (I'm sure Puma made a similar model in their early days too) and a lot of both companies had products made in Germany for their early years, I believe.

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
I thrifted a pair of Margiela GATs a few years back. They were awesome, but sadly just a bit too small. Old photo taken from my college dorm desk. I used to photograph everything right in my dorm room and ship it at the campus post office. Good times

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thrifted a pair of Margiela GATs a few years back. They were awesome, but sadly just a bit too small. Old photo taken from my college dorm desk. I used to photograph everything right in my dorm room and ship it at the campus post office. Good times

Nice find and i had a similar approach back in college ~8 years ago when I had my first nice thrift store flip. it was a pair of Gucci loafers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members