• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sort for the flash, I've cleaned the soles and replaced the laces. They looks alright?

You're going to have a hard time ever making those look good I'm afraid. Would sell them unless you're super confident in your ability to style them, which will be tough. Agreed with others on the laces.

Guys: it's a nice piece marked at $20 but it's HUGE, so I don't know what I'd do with it.

I know nothing about the artist but that looks awesome. I would be stoked to find that and hang it in my place.

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Guys: it's a nice piece marked at $20 but it's HUGE, so I don't know what I'd do with it.

Cool piece, but only buy for yourself. It won't be a quick flip and its a pain to ship.

If you do decide to try, get the proper packing materials from U-Line, or budget $100+ for a pack+ship place.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest stop... Ugly Etro, Gustin, Nudie.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll pay the $100 shipping + fee if you'll proxy @ATLjon . Moving into a new place next week and would love something like that.

More of a hassle than I'd want to deal with if I were in your shoes though :)

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Will they though? I literally pass on minks and furs daily, just walk right by them, I got one place that must have at least 10 full length minks alone, and not once have I considered thrifting them. The market place is saturated and the general public doesn't want to buy fur. Either they don't approve or they don't want other people to think they do. Maybe it's just my city, but thrifts are flooded with all types of furs, one lady even told me she got a baby seal coat a few years back from one of my spots, but as far as purchasing to sell? it's not a smart investment. It's tying up money in an item that could potentially sit for 6 months or longer when that same money could otherwise be invested in items that actually have a market and turnover much quicker and efficiently. The fur market is dead unless its sheared or it's attached to a tag that says Hermes or Loro Piana or something on par, besides that it, it just doesn't make financial sense.

That's not the case where I live. This is the first fur I've seem, which is why I took the risk. I will easily make my money back if I need to unload it ASAP. Top end is about 6.75X what I paid for it based on comparable sold items, and I could unload it very quickly for 2-2.5X. That said, I probably won't buy one again, unless miraculously this is a quick sell.

You know, I don't come across fur too often, but you just gave me an idea. I wonder how much it would take and cost to buy up some mink etc and have a good tailor or whatever make them into a throw, or hell, a blanket?

Furriers advertise restyling services. I assume this is a popular option for inherited furs since literally every place I looked at last night makes a big deal out it on their website.

Last edited:

Chotii

Reaction score
probably worth at least two or three bills, I'd buy and ask @330CK how to ship.

Bicycle shops often have very large, very sturdy boxes suitable for shipping large pictures. Sure, the postage stinks, but that's the buyer's problem - if they want it, they'll pay. Masking tape in a hash design over the glass, cardboard sheet layers front and back (I get mine at CostCo - they just recycle those things) interspersed with bubble wrap and/or packing peanuts. Don't forget that Greyhound also ships parcels, often for less than anyone else. The buyer just has to pick up at the nearest Greyhound station. I've only shipped framed artwork a few times, but they've always arrived with intact glass and very happy buyers.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been too lazy to post all my recent find.

But finally found some gucci cheasleas in my size!

Nothing beats conditioning your shoes while watching American horror stories.

Chelsea

I really hate posting on mobile.

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone broke into my law office last night. There is a back door to the outside in my office. When I moved in, I bought the super duty ultra jiggle proof mega secure deadbolt. And by golly, that thing worked. It was still locked on the floor amid the splinters of the door frame. So, the lesson here is if the door frame is old cheap wood, it doesn't matter how sturdy your dead bolt is.

They got my wife's laptop and I had a bowl full of change on my desk and my wife had a little box full of change. They got a camera too. I'm sure there were other things too, that I haven't found. it was a mess.

They must NOT have been thrifters because they didn't touch of my thrift finds. Of course, its a lot easier to pawn a laptop than it is an Oxxford Cashmere Overcoat.

I'm taking all the stuff home now.

The door now has a new frame, triple re-inforced with 2 X 4 and anchored with six inch lag screws!

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone broke into my law office last night. There is a back door to the outside in my office. When I moved in, I bought the super duty ultra jiggle proof mega secure deadbolt. And by golly, that thing worked. It was still locked on the floor amid the splinters of the door frame. So, the lesson here is if the door frame is old cheap wood, it doesn't matter how sturdy your dead bolt is.

They got my wife's laptop and I had a bowl full of change on my desk and my wife had a little box full of change. They got a camera too. I'm sure there were other things too, that I haven't found. it was a mess.

They must NOT have been thrifters because they didn't touch of my thrift finds. Of course, its a lot easier to pawn a laptop than it is an Oxxford Cashmere Overcoat.

The door now has a new frame, triple re-inforced with 2 X 4 and anchored with six inch lag screws!
Being a law firm, I would look into your files more so than anything else to see if something is missing.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry man, that's terrible.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being a law firm, I would look into your files more so than anything else to see if something is missing.

I was thinking the same thing. They just took some obvious items to make it appear to be petty theft. While the real item of interest to them was a certain file or document.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll pay the $100 shipping + fee if you'll proxy @ATLjon . Moving into a new place next week and would love something like that.

More of a hassle than I'd want to deal with if I were in your shoes though :)

I can get back there on Saturday, but it might still be there. We'll see how much of a hassle I feel like dealing with.

This is an aspirational listing, right?

http://www.bonanza.com/items/like/155016105/The-Romantics-Concert-Tour-T-Shirt-Vintage-In-Heat-1983

I know this one is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ROM...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads