• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone broke into my law office last night. There is a back door to the outside in my office. When I moved in, I bought the super duty ultra jiggle proof mega secure deadbolt. And by golly, that thing worked. It was still locked on the floor amid the splinters of the door frame. So, the lesson here is if the door frame is old cheap wood, it doesn't matter how sturdy your dead bolt is.

They got my wife's laptop and I had a bowl full of change on my desk and my wife had a little box full of change. They got a camera too. I'm sure there were other things too, that I haven't found. it was a mess.

They must NOT have been thrifters because they didn't touch of my thrift finds. Of course, its a lot easier to pawn a laptop than it is an Oxxford Cashmere Overcoat.

I'm taking all the stuff home now.

The door now has a new frame, triple re-inforced with 2 X 4 and anchored with six inch lag screws!
People really sucks, sometimes. I hope your insurance will cover everything.

That is an epic find!

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Noble that's a terrible deal. That can't be that common over there can it? Makes U think it would be more of a specific hunt then a random break in no?

Denton

Reaction score
Hell of a day today...popped two very important cherries. All available except Levi's Capital E (me), Cuci (pending), and RRL (Nataku). Do have identical 32x30 RRL coming on trade from Nataku...

First, Brunello Cucinelli 90 wool/10 cash v-neck 52EU...a few small holes front left hip area :(

Ledbury shirt 18, nice herringbone.. Haven't seen this brand before...

Hugo Boss STRATUS 44L overcoat...Slovenia bleh but does well on eBay

BELTS

Dooney & Bourke wool & leather & Coach NYC Glove tanned

TIES

Duchamp 100

EZ

Altea, liked the pattern for my rotation

DENIM:

Popped my denim cherry! RRL dark wash 36x32

Diesel made in Italy...36x32

Levi's Capital E Hesher, going to keep these...

Zegna Sport 36x32

Anyone familar with Orlando? Seems Barney's New York sold these. Bought a corduroy blazer, seems nice, made in Italy.

Linen Incotex, awesome...approx. 32x31 flat-front.

Atlanta Thrashers jersey, flipped to my brother :D

P&S Florida Popeline l/s

Polo Sport sweater. Large

Dr. Koffer New York, waffled on this

Bills Khakis fodder

EPIC 1958 Snoopy hat

And some Volvo load bars for $10

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Being a law firm, I would look into your files more so than anything else to see if something is missing.

I did. The cops fingerprinted lots of stuff and there was nothing on the file cabinets and nothing was missing. The laptop had nothing stored on it and was used to access a network drive that is password protected. The cop got lots of fingerprints that were fresh. The burglar even took a whiz, he was nice enough to lift the seat and flush! The handle to flush had a nice full print.

We now have a monitored alarm on the building too.

Denton

Reaction score

How many of you thrift for yourself to wear or sell/flip or both?

If it's my size and I like it, I'll keep it. But after doing this for a year I've realized not to jump at every shirt in my size as the closet is full. A year ago I would have bought every 17-34 BB OCBD I saw, now I pass. My tastes have gotten more exclusive, so much of the stuff like Brooks Brothers, Facconable and Orvis shirts that I thrifted last year for me are gone in favor of EZ Made in Italy, Gitman Brothers, RRL, the good PRL, BBCC, and Robert Talbott (like the Estate stuff).

If you start buying the really good ****, wear it a few times and then sell it. Win/Win.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Snoopy milk glass mug with a 1950s copyright that's actually 1980s FYI. Cool find.

snackbandit

Reaction score
How many of you thrift for yourself to wear or sell/flip or both?
An overwhelming majority here do both.

British country thrift fit vibez:

PRL cord/suede hunting coat (thrift funded at steep discount)
PRL shirt (thrift)
The Territory Ahead silk/linen knit tie (thrift)
Vintage PRL waistcoat (thrift)
Deth Killers of Bushwick cotton/kevlar blend denim (resale shop)

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thrift for resale or to be able to trade for **** that I like on here. I raaaaaaaaaaaaarely find anything that I like.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the excellent Chicago post office the post card Wes dropped off and was stamped in Harrisburg 12/14/15 just arrived :/

Anyway, thanks dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads