• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm can't decide between CP black mids or the bball black mids! Any comments on versatility?

Pleezus

Reaction score
Hopefully you've done your research but you'll probably want to size down.

Ya thanks, I had to return my Bball Low in Beige/Vintage White in size 43 and now I can't find them in 42 anywhere for a good price.

Only place I've found them is ssense, and even with their sale they're still way to expensive.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
I'm in Berlin for the week. Any ideas where I can pick up CP Achilles? Or MMM GATs (I know this isn't the thread for MMM but maybe someone knows anyway). Particularly keen on the paint-splatter ones.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm in Berlin for the week. Any ideas where I can pick up CP Achilles? Or MMM GATs (I know this isn't the thread for MMM but maybe someone knows anyway). Particularly keen on the paint-splatter ones.

Try Andreas Merkudis.

Also, here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm thinking about buying these: http://www.thecorner.com/be/men/laced-shoes_cod11024368gl.html
Any help on sizing? I read somewhere to size 1 down from achilles size?

As always, it depends on how your Achilles fit you. I wear a 44 in Achilles and the derby shines. The derby shines have a little more room and stretched easier, I find them more comfortable than the Achilles actually. I wear my Achilles with the right length, but they are super tight to begin with, some people wear them long so they aren't tight. It's not as simple as just saying "size down 1".

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone know if tournament version fits wide/narrow? same as achilles?

I got pair of CP BBalls x Geller in the same size as my Achilles lows. Bballs are defiantly fit wider and almost the same length ( a bit longer).

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

anyone know if tournament version fits wide/narrow? same as achilles?

Not to self-promote, but if you got back one page, I did a full write-up on this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads