1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Randers

Randers New Member

Hey all,

Looking to order a pair of CP Chelsea's (dark grey) from an international website, however after reading some posts here I am unsure what size to order. I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! Here's some pictures of my feet on a bran. My right foot is about a half size bigger. Also, for clarity sake, it is the black side that is Men's sizing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. pitmatical

pitmatical New Member

Afternoon.

Does anyone have a pair of the CP Combat Boots w/ the crepe sole? Considering a pair but wondered how the crepe sole would stand up to it.... (Not such a big fan of the Winter/rubber sole version).

Cheers

3. gotribe

gotribe Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience sizing Woman by Common Projects? I haven't been able to find any sizing guides on forums or places like Reddit.

Typically for brands like Adidas, Nike, Vans, Converse, etc, you'd see ~1-2 size difference between US men and women's sizing. But assuming the EU sizes are equivalent between the two lines, CP has a 3 size difference. I'm wondering if this means that the Woman by CP line fits more TTS than the men's line which is notorious for running large.

Here are the conversions for Common Projects sizes:
    40EU = 10W = 7M
    39EU = 9W = 6M
    38EU = 8W = 5M
    37EU = 7W = 4M

TLDR version: My GF wears a size 6M = 7W in Stan Smiths and I wear 9.5M = 10.5W. I wear 42EU in CPs. Is it fair to assume she'd probably need a 38EU? Based on the US women's sizing equivalent, she'd be taking one size higher in CPs than she does in Stan Smiths, which seems strange to me.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  4. Jhericurls

Jhericurls Well-Known Member

I own 2 pairs and the crepe sole are very durable.

5. bdb

bdb Member

I picked up a 38 in CP Woman - my wife is a an 8-8.5 US depending on shoe style- and the 38 was a little large - so that's one frame of reference.

6. gotribe

gotribe Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was looking for, sounds like she'd be better off with a 37. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  7. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

Tournament / Tournament High: how do they fit in comparison to Achilles Original?

8. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Well-Known Member

Am 42 in Achilles and 41 in Tournament, both High & Low...

9. Luxetus

Luxetus Member

Hi guys,

I'm planning to get another achilles but having a trouble with the sizing
    I owned a pair of achilles in the 40's for about 4 months which has stretched but it still hurts on both my small toes and the big toe (larger foot) when I walk a lot
    I usually wear a eu41/us8 on most shoes but I have a bit of a wide feet (8.5 on ultraboosts, 8 on chuck taylors and 41 on other brands)
    Tried the 41's and it has a lot of space on the toebox (from the picture, the middle of my thumb is my big toe) and the heels are slipping
    Should I get the 41's or get another 40's?
    Thank you!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  10. London

London Well-Known Member

If you have wide feet get the bballs. achilles are for narrow feet.

11. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

If your feet are hurting the shoes are definitely too small...

12. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

Just FYI - I'm a 7 with my Chucks. I take a 39 in CP.

But - echoing others - shoes shouldn't hurt. Only recommendation is... loosen the laces, wearing thinner socks....... or look elsewhere.

13. ike_hiking_boots

if the heels are slipping then the shoes are to big, if the big toe is where you say it is then they are probably to big. I did find my Achilles a little tight across the width / across the front toe box on the first wears, as Ursan mentions I loosened the laces and this helped quite a bit, and then just wearing them for a few weeks I found they stretched and moulded to my foot shape. your toe should not touch the end of the shoe, there should be at least 1cm+ between the toe and the end of the shoe, but shoes should fit failry snug as new. if you have wide feet then Achilles are probably not for you.

14. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Well-Known Member

The Achilles can work for you, you just have to change the lacing to the classic style, it will make them much wider. I agree to the above though, if that's where your toe is, size down.

15. ike_hiking_boots

How does changing the lacing make them wider? Luxetus has them laced as they come out of the box, this lacing can be loosened to improve the fit (wider) but it won't make the shoes physically wider. Sorry don't see how using a different lacing will make any difference to how they can be loosened. Achilles are well know for being one of the narrower sneaker fits. There is def. a break in period of at a least a week IMO.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  16. wurlwyde

It won't make the shoe physically wider...but it will make it so it accommodates a wider foot. It's well noted throughout this thread and if you've ever tried it you would see. The lacing as it comes sort of locks (for lack of a better word) the width so there's less give than the classic lacing.

17. ike_hiking_boots

Isn't that what laces are supposed to do? Until you loosen them that is.

I really can't see it making any difference apart from it might be easier to loosen - but that won't effect how they will make the shoe fit.

Define what you mean by "classic" lacing as there are so many different ways to lace a shoe?

18. wurlwyde

I'm not trying to debate you. I come in this thread to try to help people, not to change opinions. To be honest, there's not much value I take from this particular thread, so being an authority in it has little merit for me. I mean classic as in the way an athletic shoe comes laced (I.e. Nike, reebok) and about 99% of other shoes.

1 person likes this.
  19. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

so i recently got the chance to try on a pair of chelseas and i noticed that they fit noticeably narrower than my achilles low in the same size (40)

it wasn't uncomfortably so or painful or anything, but then again i didn't have the opportunity to walk in them for an entire day

the length was perfect (if not a smidge too long actually), and i could tell that the heel would've started slipping had i sized up (though maybe i should've tried on a 41, anyway)

anyway, will the chelseas stretch/mold to my feet, or should i just look elsewhere? also, can anybody with the derby shine (the shoe i really wanted to try on, but they didn't have it) comment on its fit relative to both the chelsea and the achilles low?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I find my derby shine to fit similarly narrow to my Achilles, but they were in quicker and stretch easier.

1 person likes this.