• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UncommonSequel

Reaction score
I received my first mtm sportcoat from S&M. I went with the white & black herringbone Harris Tweed over the similar moon herringbone tweed thanks to the advice of this forum. I really like the fabric. It has a lovely texture, and I think the color is just right for a gray herringbone, not overly heavy/warm wearing either which should make it easy to wear. I have a S&M 40L contemporary OTR from a past season. Based on that, I slightly sized up with this order and used the 41L contemporary as the base size. I did not make too many tweaks from the base size, but did slightly extended the shoulders and slightly and narrow the waist. I have attached a few photos of the previous Navy OTR S&M Sportcoat in 40L as well as the new MTM sportcoat as comparison.

40L:
40L_front2.jpg

40L_back.jpg

MTM tweed:
MTM_front.jpg

MTM_front_open.jpg

MTM_back.jpg

MTM_front_2.jpg

Overall I am happy with how it turned out and think this was a successful first attempt. I also picked up the Gray & Navy Prince of Wales Check Overcoat earlier on in the season and have been meaning to share. Really like fabric, definitely a shade lighter in person, and the navy/blue tones pop nicely in the light without being too overt. I sized up to a 42, which I think was the right call.

42_front2.jpg

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my first mtm sportcoat from S&M. I went with the white & black herringbone Harris Tweed over the similar moon herringbone tweed thanks to the advice of this forum. I really like the fabric. It has a lovely texture, and I think the color is just right for a gray herringbone, not overly heavy/warm wearing either which should make it easy to wear. I have a S&M 40L contemporary OTR from a past season. Based on that, I slightly sized up with this order and used the 41L contemporary as the base size. I did not make too many tweaks from the base size, but did slightly extended the shoulders and slightly and narrow the waist. I have attached a few photos of the previous Navy OTR S&M Sportcoat in 40L as well as the new MTM sportcoat as comparison.

40L:
View attachment 2158469
View attachment 2158443

MTM tweed:
View attachment 2158447
View attachment 2158451
View attachment 2158449
View attachment 2158453

Overall I am happy with how it turned out and think this was a successful first attempt. I also picked up the Gray & Navy Prince of Wales Check Overcoat earlier on in the season and have been meaning to share. Really like fabric, definitely a shade lighter in person, and the navy/blue tones pop nicely in the light without being too overt. I sized up to a 42, which I think was the right call.

View attachment 2158471
That slight extension of the shoulder… 🤌🏾

Shoeaffic

Reaction score
Does anyone have sizing advice on the Harringtons? The measurement tables seem to suggest they are cut a lot larger than bombers or safari/field jackets for example. Have people found this to be the case?

JTrent82

Reaction score
I’ve never understood the appeal of button fly pants. I probably piss 10 times a day and I’m not looking to deal with a button fly like that
Cloth shrinks and zippers don't, which can lead to puckering and other strangeness. Also, even quality zippers fail, and they're a pain to replace. The cons are as you say.

jellyroller

Reaction score
Cloth shrinks and zippers don't, which can lead to puckering and other strangeness. Also, even quality zippers fail, and they're a pain to replace. The cons are as you say.

Makes sense from a sartorial perspective, but from a utilitarian perspective... I just can't get on board. I've owned one pair of button fly trousers in my life and I got rid of them because of the annoyance. I'd like to buy some nice denim, but it seems like almost all high quality pairs of jeans are made with button flies.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never understood the appeal of button fly pants. I probably piss 10 times a day and I’m not looking to deal with a button fly like that

Definitely pros and cons, but I prefer em. I find them more comfortable for some reason and more longevity.

Mr. Spectre

Reaction score
Can anyone with the Magee brown red check polo coat post fit pics and comment on sizing and color IRL? I’m thinking of picking one up while the sale is on. TIA.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
And the award for worst styling of the S/S new drops goes to …

View attachment 2157489
Why do all these pants look like sausage casings? I hope to god mine don't look like that to other people and that it's just they're all wearing pants that are too small for them.

This fit is nothing amazing but I think it looks fine, if someone was dressed exactly like this I doubt anyone would think they look bad. For fun, why not post a better fit pic, eh?

stro

Reaction score
the newly posted navy clissold suit was originally posted with a clissold title and tag but all the copy type referenced minnis fresco instead and it reflected 280 gsm instead of 310 gsm fabric weight. was fixed at some point overnight or this morning.

it looks like general consensus is that the clissold fabric used by spier (i assume a crispaire) breathes a little less well than minnis fresco. presumably it breathes better than a traditional super hundreds etc. i know 2-3 regular posters here have a spier version of the clissold fabric from SS23. curious whether anyone would care to quantify those differences even if only anecdotally or otherwise provide some data points (e.g. humid days preference for fresco // temperature above X degrees too hot for either/both // both too airy for cold weather // dude just stick with linen, etc).

i have historically gone all in on linen suiting for spring summer because i am a weirdo and have been able to get away with it, but while i remain a weirdo i probably can't get away with linen for my summer suiting needs quite so extensively moving forward. soaking up all the anecdotal data i can find within one page of google search results but fully expecting to just buy some stuff and figure it out for myself and then buy some more stuff, etc etc on into the distance.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All things being equal, I prefer Minnis and don't LOVE the Clissord/Crispaire whatever we want to call it.

I have a non-SM suit in Crispaire (which is allegedly the same, but suppose there could be minor differences), and I find the Crispaire a bit less gritty/more fluid. Perhaps a bit less porous, but you won't notice a dramatic IRT breathability I don't think. General consensus seems to be that it is a bit less wrinkle resistant, relative to fresco. I haven't put the trousers through its paces enough yet to say, but the fluidity in my mind lends some credence to it.

I wish SM would have just cranked out a few mohair blend Fresco full canvas pieces instead. Alas, I'm a whiner, it seems.

and, speaking of linen, REALLY wish that denim Leomaster would have been a Neo cut. That would have made for an A+ fuckabout suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads