• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering ordering some trousers. I'd like to get some advice from those who have ordered them. Any tips on getting the best fit would be appreciated. I do own trousers that are close to what I want, but I want a higher rise and pleats added. Is it better to send those with the additional request, or start from scratch with measurements? Thanks for the help.

Quote: This. I did the same, asked for slightly higher rise and other additional small features. The first trouser came out great except 1 minor issue.
I did share the images of the first trouser with Luxire and they fixed even that issue in next orders.

Gavinband

Reaction score
Chaps,

Has anyone had anything made up in Minnis Flannel: Bright Blue Twill Jacket? I am thinking of getting a three piece made up.... but cannot tell if it is too bright. Is it close to RAF blue?

Thanks

jandersson

Reaction score
Both look good janderson thanks for posting. Can you post a pic of your other chambray shirt to see how it's aged/faded?

Dark Indigo Denim Chambray
The colours in the photo are representative for direct sunlight.
I've been doing some measuring and I suspect this fabric shrinks 4-6% so ask Luxire to properly pre shrink or increase your measurements!

Quesjac

Reaction score
Dark Indigo Denim Chambray
The colours in the photo are representative for direct sunlight.
I've been doing some measuring and I suspect this fabric shrinks 4-6% so ask Luxire to properly pre shrink or increase your measurements!
Both look great, thanks for posting. I have one of these on order (taking a couple of weeks longer than expected) so should be able to compare in real life soon.

Booba

Reaction score
Just discovered Luxire and it looks amazing ! But I've got a few questions before ordering :

- I never wore trousers before. Only trousers I've got are the ones that I bought at H&M on a rush, for events/occasions, but that don't fit me at all, so what should I take measurements of ? Because my jeans fit skinny but I don't want my trousers to fit that way
- I'm looking for a trouser close to this one https://i.warosu.org/data/fa/img/0104/62/1444088718209.jpg
Am I right if I say that the closest one on Luxire's website is this one https://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/mid-grey-wool-flannel-100-wool ?
- Is a lining advised for this kind of wool pant ? Or it feels better without it ?

Sorry for bothering you with all these questions !

Last edited:

whiteChoco

Reaction score
Just discovered Luxire and it looks amazing ! But I've got a few questions before ordering :

- I never wore trousers before. Only trousers I've got are the ones that I bought at H&M on a rush, for events/occasions, but that don't fit me at all, so what should I take measurements of ? Because my jeans fit skinny but I don't want my trousers to fit that way
- I'm looking for a trouser close to this one https://i.warosu.org/data/fa/img/0104/62/1444088718209.jpg
Am I right if I say that the closest one on Luxire's website is this one https://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/mid-grey-wool-flannel-100-wool ?
- Is a lining advised for this kind of wool pant ? Or it feels better without it ?

Sorry for bothering you with all these questions !
If you dont have any good fitting pants, you can send in your body measurments. I recommend ordering the fit trial pants (https://luxire.com/collections/pants-sorted-by-price/products/luxire-fit-test-trial-pants) first, as the first pair of pants normally won't turn out perfect, and their fit trial pants is a relatively cheap way of dialing in your fit.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Holland & Sherry Crispaire now available:

Thrifter

Reaction score
I have ordered popovers without increasing the measurements... they're a bit of a struggle to get into but fit fine once they're on. Another issue worth considering is unless you have a very flat stomach the lack of buttons at the front tends to accentuate the tummy if it's a very slim fit.

MrNestor

Reaction score
I have ordered popovers without increasing the measurements... they're a bit of a struggle to get into but fit fine once they're on. Another issue worth considering is unless you have a very flat stomach the lack of buttons at the front tends to accentuate the tummy if it's a very slim fit.

Thanks for the advice. The tummy is no problem, it is very flat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads