• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My heart jumped for a second.

You know why.

Thought it was mine. Looking forward to it even more now!

Last edited:

smoothmoose

Reaction score
Thanks. I got my tuxedo shirt from Jantzen in French Oxford. Probably my last order with them as I've put in my first order with Luxire. Looks very similar to the Luxire lustrous fine white. The only thing I don't like is seems to wrinkle quite a bit especially around the sleeve elbows. I guess that's a common thing with the oxford weave. But probably not worth it to order another shirt.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are pics of my first luxire jacket. I set out to create a fun jacket I can use when I am on vacations so I sent luxire a reasonably fitting jacket, fabric, corozo buttons, cutouts of patch pockets and the rest were descriptions by email.

Pros:
Hand work
Attention to detail
Canvas construction

Cons:
Buttonhole could still use some improvements
Collar edge too far away from lapel edge (Maybe I should have specified more details and measurements on how I wanted the collar/lapel to be constructed)

All in all, they just started making these things and they will improve with time. I will make a more conservative sport coat next time with detailed specifications. Apologies for the wrinkles, just got it out of the box.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kudos for experimenting with a jacket. Fit-wise, given the limitations of distance-making a jacket, it's actually not too bad and that in itself is a good sign for the future. The construction, on the other hand... It looks, well, I suppose "heavy on rustic charm" would be the most charitable description. The shoulder attachment, the buttonholes, the general "tension" (not sure if that's the right word) of the stitching at the edges, and the shaping & roll of the lapel... these are all issues that I would not personally be happy with, even in a knockabout jacket. Some of those issues may well improve with a good pressing; I hope so.

I suppose the jacket has the casual air (although not the style details) of one of those French or Spanish worker-inspired cardigan jackets (can't remember the proper name for them; there's an upmarket shop in Madrid that does them MTM IIRC). So it would still work in a similarly casual and undemanding application, which is what it sound like you're intending for it.

My guess is that they would probably do better with a somewhat more traditional jacket rather than a lightly constructed, unpadded, soft shouldered one. As you say, I'm sure they'll improve with more practice.

YMMV, and of course you know better, having the garment in person; just my initial thoughts based on the photos.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will send it to the cleaners for pressing. I think some of the issues you identified would be mitigated with good pressing.

Yes, I hope so (though must admit that I'm not totally convinced most of them will). Many happy wearings, too!

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I hope so (though must admit that I'm not totally convinced most of them will). Many happy wearings, too!

The roll and tension in the stitching will be alleviated with pressing but those buttonholes!!! :D :D :D

I can live with most issues coz it's not for serious wear and not like I sunk a large amount of money in the first place.

So this was CMT a project? Looks like you sent in cotton herringbone weave?

Yes, it was CMT. Got the fabric at a local store.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told them to make the shoulders shirred.
I think they did a pretty good job there. I think the button hole detail leaves something left to be desired but I also think my expectations may be a little too high in that regard. I've been reading too much of Jefferyd's blog.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn FedEx...didn't leave my shirt with the office at my apt complex. Have to wait one more day now. One of the most annoying #firstworldproblems, expecting something to be delivered after waiting for a month, then finding out when you get home that you have to wait ONE more day :(

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn FedEx...didn't leave my shirt with the office at my apt complex. Have to wait one more day now. One of the most annoying #firstworldproblems, expecting something to be delivered after waiting for a month, then finding out when you get home that you have to wait ONE more day
frown.gif
I always leave a note at the door. Addresses FedEx (in huge bold letters), has my name, the tracking number, and a signature. This is all they need to leave it there - maybe more than they need.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads