1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Working on them too. Recently got a small collection of those, working on adding. Examples below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Great, great, great work Luxire!

3. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

My point exactly. I'm not interested in a $300-$400 shirt even though I'm sure that's better value than other shirt makers using these fabrics.

Indeed, I would say some additional quality fabrics in the $100-150 range would be preferred, sorting through the website there's definitely a gap at that price point.

1 person likes this.
  4. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

adding Thomas Mason will just about supercharge my orders, if not already since receiving my trial shirt....IME, best value for the money so far, material and construction wise

5. strangedream

strangedream Well-Known Member

Somewhere over the rainbow where you can get drunk
    Is this an unfused collar?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  6. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Adding my vote for more TM Silverline!

My guess is, if added, they'll price into the middle of the gap between the unbranded stuff and the Sic-Tess level suggested upthread, which would be really excellent value.

1 person likes this.
  7. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Yes, unfused. Light and soft lining.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  8. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be many bites for shirts in that price range. The draw to Luxire (for me at least) is the affordable price of total customization MTM. When you get to that price range, you are exiting out of the range which attracted many to Luxire and into a territory where someone could go to a brick and mortar store for a total MTM shirt.

If someone cares about purchasing a fabric that has a "brand name" behind it then they most likely would not be a Luxire customer. There is nothing wrong with the added choice but hope that finding more fabrics in the $70-125 price range are not something which get put as lower priority as a result.

1 person likes this.
  9. joewmoss

joewmoss Well-Known Member

I'd agree on that Chuck. I just recieved my last order this past Friday where I referenced a past order to take measurements from and I think they used another order that was 2 digits different. Not a big deal...The shirt fits more snug than I'd originally intended but it does fit. Despite that it looks pretty good.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Fed ex just changed my estimated delivery to: n/a.

Anyone else ever gotten this? It's stuck in Tennessee I guess?

11. smoothmoose

Actually this is a BIG deal, you just got lucky that they picked someone else's order that was similar fit to you. You're very lucky you don't need to send your order back for a remake, which no doubt Luxire would fully comp you. But still the hassle...

1 person likes this.
  12. zeBanker

zeBanker Well-Known Member

This is exactly the reason why I would recommend just to copy and paste the measurements and comments of your last order manually by hand. It is an effort of probably 3 minutes at most, but you avoid very ugly, possible mistakes.
    This is such a basic principle, so many people do not respect in life and that follows in so many avoidable problems: if you can avoid risking the whole project by an effort that is relatively low, just invest the effort. It is not economically wise not to spend this time, it will not save you anything.

1 person likes this.
  13. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

I figure that if I put in the measurements each time there's a good chance I would screw it up. And if it's me that screwed up, they won't remake it.

14. smoothmoose

Actually my order with Luxire is based on their measurements of garments that I sent in. Luxire owns the "official" measurements and pattern, not me.

Plus it does NOT make sense for Luxire to create a new pattern each time.

I don't think this is lazy, this is the proper way to do it. It's Luxire responsibility to reference previous orders correctly.

BTW, this is how other tailors operate as well. They keep your record on file and base new orders from your previous orders.

1 person likes this.
  15. joewmoss

Ah, let me clarify my earlier comment. They referenced one of my own earlier orders. I put in two separate orders for two shirts with fit variations to serve as templates. One was for a dress shirt to be worn with a suit so it's more tightly fit to minimize wrinkling under a jacket. The other was more loose fitting and meant for oxfords and casual shirts. The order I cited was the for latter and I suspect they used the former (dress shirt). It fits since it was my own template, not a strangers...just not the template I wanted. No reason to send it back.

That said, it looks really good. It's the tan linen material by luxire. The material is better than I expected it to be . It's linin but it's not so thin as to be see through and seems to hold it's shape better than I would expect.

16. joewmoss

agreed. Don't rush through the orders. They need to be planned in my opinion. That's why I keep a spreadsheet of all the orers and measurements for trousers and shirts. Too easy to make mistakes. In fact, I'd recommend that the order be planned and wait one day before actually submitting it. There are always things that come to mind once you think the order is ready. Especially on the first pass.

17. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Anyone got pictures of very good fitting pants from Luxire? Interested in how to come up with the best measurements...

18. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Definitely find your best fitting pair(s) and go based on that. Tweak where needed.

I've got an intense spreadsheet I am using to track my existing pants alongside my Luxire pents so I can compare and tweak over time as I make more orders.

19. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

I did, thanks, it does indeed look good, thanks for sharing NOBD! :)

1 person likes this.
  20. topos

topos Well-Known Member

I agree with the above. I'll mention the following, which I mentioned earlier in this ginormous thread: As my first pair I went with chinos so the monetary investment was minimized just in case. My best fitting pants were from a suit, and I used those measurements, but I realized after getting the pants that I like my chinos to fit a bit different than my suit pants (in my case, a slightly slimmer leg). That said, everything came out really well for the first try. This wasn't obvious to me until now. Fortunately it's a simple matter to slim the pants slightly. I am also a fan of the spreadsheet, although I wouldn't call mine "intense" just yet.