• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are there more fabrics than are on the website, you just have to ask for them? (Aside from dormeuil)

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are there more fabrics than are on the website, you just have to ask for them? (Aside from dormeuil)

Website does have a pretty good collection. Apart from these, we also have a large collection that is yet to be added to the site.

If these is something you are looking for, no harm in sending an email query.

There was a mention of 30 new oxford fabrics a while back, are those going to be added soon also?

Some delay in receiving. Should arrive mid-August. Somewhere at sea between Naples and Mumbai.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr Sombody, I applaud you for your courage to order a shirt like that.
It looks like a fantastic casual shirt which I'd love to pull off if only I would not be as narrow-minded as I am.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone remind me - are swatches for Minnis fabrics available from Luxire? I seem to remember someone saying Dugdale swatches are not available, so I was wondering in Minnis was unavailable as well.

My first shirt got delivered today...the workday can't end fast enough now. So I plan on placing my next order tonight, hoping to get a whole mess of swatches added to the order. I updated my running list and I now have 49 shirt fabrics and 24 trouser fabrics I'd like to see. Maybe I should pare than down a bit so I don't spend over 70 bucks on swatches :)

Last edited:

MrSomebody

Reaction score
Mr Sombody, I applaud you for your courage to order a shirt like that.
It looks like a fantastic casual shirt which I'd love to pull off if only I would not be as narrow-minded as I am.

I'm a young-ish professional working in a casual office environment. I think it'll be a fun summer shirt to have hanging around for those hot, ultra-casual days.

I'll post some fit pics when it gets here!

aglose

Reaction score
Presenting Luxire Bow-Ties - Custom Made to your specifications

L to R: Black Gingham, White Pique, Red Navy Tartan, Yellow Ecru Plaid

Also choose your style from our hundreds of our shirt fabrics.
How does one go about ordering a bow tie? I don't see any information on the Luxire website for bow ties.

Spurious

Reaction score

Can someone remind me - are swatches for Minnis fabrics available from Luxire? I seem to remember someone saying Dugdale swatches are not available, so I was wondering in Minnis was unavailable as well.

My first shirt got delivered today...the workday can't end fast enough now. So I plan on placing my next order tonight, hoping to get a whole mess of swatches added to the order. I updated my running list and I now have 49 shirt fabrics and 24 trouser fabrics I'd like to see. Maybe I should pare than down a bit so I don't spend over 70 bucks on swatches :)

I guess I am saving you some money now:
"Swatches for Dugdale and Minnis fabrics are not currently available."

chuckb

Reaction score

My first shirt got delivered today...the workday can't end fast enough now. So I plan on placing my next order tonight, hoping to get a whole mess of swatches added to the order. I updated my running list and I now have 49 shirt fabrics and 24 trouser fabrics I'd like to see. Maybe I should pare than down a bit so I don't spend over 70 bucks on swatches
smile.gif

When I asked about Minnis swatches I was told that they were unavailable (as with the dugdale swatches). Which is too bad, as I would be more likely to bite the bullet and order some pants on minnis fresco or dugdale new fine worsted if I could see the fabric in person first.

nkhuong

Reaction score
My collar button popped out today. I've had this shirt since November last year and this is my first shirt from Luxire. I mainly wear it with my suit so I always buttons up the collar and wear a tie. My other Luxire shirts are doing fine but I don't use the collar buttons on those. I think the main reason is because buttoning the collar for this shirt take quite a bit of force. When buttoned though, I feel the collar fits me quite well, just the right amount of breathing room. So I am not sure if I should increase my collar width or is there something else I can do? I have another shirt from Luxire with a collar that is 0.25 in wider but I think it looks too big on my neck when buttoned up. Would decreasing the height of the collar band (1.75 in) help in anyway?

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you take a picture with the jacket buttoned?

I was out of town all weekend, but just managed to take a quick shot. I'm wearing the same shirt that I was in my original post. This isn't a great photo--especially because I'm holding the camera--but here's the pic.

Kudos for experimenting with a jacket. Fit-wise, given the limitations of distance-making a jacket, it's actually not too bad and that in itself is a good sign for the future. The construction, on the other hand... It looks, well, I suppose "heavy on rustic charm" would be the most charitable description. The shoulder attachment, the buttonholes, the general "tension" (not sure if that's the right word) of the stitching at the edges, and the shaping & roll of the lapel... these are all issues that I would not personally be happy with, even in a knockabout jacket. Some of those issues may well improve with a good pressing; I hope so.

The roll and tension in the stitching will be alleviated with pressing but those buttonholes!!! :D :D :D

I agree that Kulata's jacket appears to have some fit problems, but [if they aren't alleviated with a good pressing] these can be improved with iteration (like all online custom clothes).

My problem with all of the Luxire jackets posted to the thread are that the buttonholes are really sloppy--and in a variety of ways. I told Theresea/Luxire via email last week that I wasn't interested in purchasing any more jackets based on the buttonholes alone. I'm conflicted, though; the jacket itself is pretty damn good, but the buttonhole problems on my sleeves make me hate the jacket when I look at it in my closet.

I might try to come crawling back and ask them to make a jacket for me but just put the buttons in a bag and let me do the buttons/buttonholes locally. At that stage, though, you're really losing a lot of the price advantage of Luxire so, again, I'm not quite sure

Personally, I haven't quite decided yet if it's worth it for me. I really, really want to like Luxire jackets, but I'm not 100% there yet. At worst, though, I hope these posts are giving them the feedback they need to improve the jackets. The one thing you can say about Luxire is that they seem to really want to make themselves better and better.

Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
My collar button popped out today. I've had this shirt since November last year and this is my first shirt from Luxire. I mainly wear it with my suit so I always buttons up the collar and wear a tie. My other Luxire shirts are doing fine but I don't use the collar buttons on those. I think the main reason is because buttoning the collar for this shirt take quite a bit of force. When buttoned though, I feel the collar fits me quite well, just the right amount of breathing room. So I am not sure if I should increase my collar width or is there something else I can do? I have another shirt from Luxire with a collar that is 0.25 in wider but I think it looks too big on my neck when buttoned up. Would decreasing the height of the collar band (1.75 in) help in anyway?

Worry not, your dry cleaner will replace it. A good one will do it free of charge.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re jackets, I was really liking the idea of completing my incoming fresco pants with a jacket to have one awesome fresco suit. But I can't see doing a business suit with how these first jackets are coming out. Maybe later, though. Hopefully later

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads