• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any more solid pink oxfords, or just the two up on the site? My wife killed my old favorite by washing it with a pair on new denim, so it's time to replace it.
Of the two on the site, it looks like the "Pink" is warmer than the "Pale Pink." Is that accurate?

Have a couple more, will post details possibly later today.

Yes, the pink is warmer than the pale pink.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would also be interested in price point for the pants and the types of fabrics available (wools, cotton, linen, etc)

We are still working on the pricing, but should start at about 69.99

Wool, cotton, linen would all be available gradually. The selection at launch is a blend of interesting cottons, with a small sprinkling of wool and linen.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mind if I ask what y'alls heaviest flannels are? (Best for a cold winter)

The one on the left in the picture above is super heavy, not only our heaviest, but the heaviest I have ever come across. There are more though. Will update.

ezlau

Reaction score

Got my shirt today. Sleeves and shoulders appear to be all too long, and this shirt was made using body measurements according to Luxire's PDF guide, measured by a professional tailor.

Aside from the fact that the customer service has been pretty good and turn around time was fast, I can't say that I will necessarily be a repeat customer.

I have to say though, for the $70 price point, the fabric is pretty good (Lustrous fine white) and I like the collar (reminds me of Kiton shirt)

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my shirt today. Sleeves and shoulders appear to be all too long, and this shirt was made using body measurements according to Luxire's PDF guide, measured by a professional tailor.
Aside from the fact that the customer service has been pretty good and turn around time was fast, I can't say that I will necessarily be a repeat customer.
I have to say though, for the $70 price point, the fabric is pretty good (Lustrous fine white) and I like the collar (reminds of of Kiton shirt)

Are the measurements off from what you submitted? I always figure it takes one shirt just to get the measurements right, then another 1-2 to get them perfectly tweaked. One thing MT does is get a discount shirt made out of crap fabric to test fit.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We are still working on the pricing, but should start at about 69.99

Wool, cotton, linen would all be available gradually.  The selection at launch is a blend of interesting cottons, with a small sprinkling of wool and linen.

That sounds like a good start for cotton pants. I need to get some pants made that fit well and have a bit higher rise.

ezlau

Reaction score

Are the measurements off from what you submitted? I always figure it takes one shirt just to get the measurements right, then another 1-2 to get them perfectly tweaked. One thing MT does is get a discount shirt made out of crap fabric to test fit.

The sleeves measurement according to the PDF guide was to measure from base of center of back of the neck to about halfway of the center of the meaty part of your palm when you make a fist (beside your pinky). I measured 35", and I usually wear 33". I didn't know that was going to be the true measurement of the sleeves, it's a little too long for my taste. **I thought this length would be adjusted from a body measurement to a shirt measurement from my conversations.

Biceps measurement are off as well, I submitted a bicep measurement of 12" circumference, but the shirt measures 14". I think a 2" space might be a little too excessive and makes the shirt looks baggy.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sleeves measurement according to the PDF guide is a weird way to measure, it is not exactly the true measurement of the sleeves. The instruction was to measure from base of center of back of the neck to about halfway of the center of the meaty part of your palm when you make a fist (beside your pinky).
Biceps measurement are off as well, I submitted a bicep measurement of 12" circumference, but the shirt measures 14". I think a 2" space might be a little too excessive and makes the shirt looks baggy.

That is weird. I just measured off of a shirt I liked the fit of and tweaked a bit my first time and got pretty close.

emptym

Reaction score
Ezlau, are the shirt cuffs buttoned? I ask because with your left arm bent, the shirt sleeve looks exactly the right length. There should be enough length in the sleeve to allow the cuff to stay right at your wrist when you bend your arm. If an unbuttoned cuff ends at your wrist when your arm is straight, it will ride half way up your forearm when bent. If the sleeves are the proper length and the cuffs are unbuttoned, they should end right about where yours are on your right arm, or maybe a bit higher. To prevent sleeves of the proper length from falling down and covering your hand when the arm is lowered, the cuffs should hug your wrist. So if the right sleeve is buttoned, the problem is more that the cuff is too wide, imo at least.

Regarding the bicep measurement, sleeves should be wide enough to allow you to bend your arm without rubbing too hard against the elbows, which would cause tearing there relatively quickly. The shoulder width looks perfect to me. It ends right where your shoulder does.

Of course, everything I said applies to classic guidelines. If you wanted a tight shirt for clubbing, that's a different story...

Btw, by "professional tailor" do you mean a local dry cleaner or alterations tailor or someone who makes custom shirts for men?

Last edited:

ezlau

Reaction score

Ezlau, are the shirt cuffs buttoned? I ask because with your left arm bent, the shirt sleeve looks exactly the right length. There should be enough length in the sleeve to allow the cuff to stay right at your wrist when you bend your arm. If an unbuttoned cuff ends at your wrist when your arm is straight, it will ride half way up your forearm when bent. If the sleeves are the proper length and the cuffs are unbuttoned, they should end right about where yours are on your right arm, or maybe a bit higher. To prevent sleeves of the proper length from falling down and covering your hand when the arm is lowered, the cuffs should hug your wrist. So if the right sleeve is buttoned, the problem is more that the cuff is too wide, imo at least.
Regarding the bicep measurement, sleeves should be wide enough to allow you to bend your arm without rubbing too hard against the elbows, which would cause tearing there relatively quickly. The shoulder width looks perfect to me. It ends right where your shoulder does.
Of course, everything I said applies to classic guidelines. If you wanted a tight shirt for clubbing, that's a different story...
Btw, by "professional tailor" do you mean a local dry cleaner or alterations tailor or someone who makes custom shirts for men?

Both my sleeves are buttoned, with the sleeves buttoned the shirt sleeves end right at the "meaty part" of my palms, which isn't usually where I prefer my shirt sleeves to end. As a reference, I wear a 15/38 in Barba and it fits me pretty well in the sleeves (about 34"), while this shirt is about a 35" sleeve length.

By professional tailor, I meant a tailor at Sam Cavato in a high end mall, although I think any decent tailor should be able to take measurements according to specific written instructions provided by Luxire.

Edit: I think you are right about the sleeves cuff, they might be too large, though I think the sleeves might still be 1" or so too long.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads