• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Nicolai

Reaction score
The measurements listed http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/files/Luxire_standard_size_chart.jpg?10557 seem to be different from the ones I need to use when ordering a shirt with custom measurements. I was going to order a shirt that's basically a Super Slim Fit, but with 0.5-1 inch reductions for most fields. The value for Chest Width on a Super Slim Fit 15" neck is 41.5", but the Custom Measurements Chest Width field goes from 15" to 35". Do I need to divide by two or something?

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
The measurements listed http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/files/Luxire_standard_size_chart.jpg?10557 seem to be different from the ones I need to use when ordering a shirt with custom measurements. I was going to order a shirt that's basically a Super Slim Fit, but with 0.5-1 inch reductions for most fields. The value for Chest Width on a Super Slim Fit 15" neck is 41.5", but the Custom Measurements Chest Width field goes from 15" to 35". Do I need to divide by two or something?
yes

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Same here. I ordered my first shirt as a duplicate with changes (that I screwed up). Theresa helped me with the second. And now I ordered five more shirts as well as a pair of pants. They have a semi-limited selection of shirts that I'd wear but I credit that to my lack in good taste and the climate here being extreme.

I really have no gripes with Luxire and have forwarded a few friends to them as well. I don't believe they've ordered yet but hopefully I'm eventually helping Luxire here. Not that they need it.

My shirt shipped in two weeks which is more than acceptable. I'd worry after a month but that's really it.

Luxire, is it like a three week wait for pants?

dusttruffle

Reaction score
luxire, could you explain how (if there is any) requesting darting at the back effects the measurements given.

thx.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire, is it like a three week wait for pants?

Yes, pants taking 2-4 weeks. Trying to make it faster.

luxire, could you explain how (if there is any) requesting darting at the back effects the measurements given.

thx.

By default, the front and back panels have the same width at the waist. When darts are added, the back part is reduced by 1.5 to 2.0 inches at the narrowest part and increases gradually on both sides till the ends of the dart.

Summary: Darts will decrease the width of the back panel of the shirt at the waist level.

Luxire, do you guys offer collar pin holes as an option?

Yes. Pinholes are made by hand and we charge $20 for the same.

Reaction score
The pants I ordered recently were, apart from measuring errors, very good so I'm looking for something new to order. Unfortunately the pants section doesn't have a sorting feature like the shirt section has. Could you add that so fabrics are easier to find?
In the meantime I've found this fabric and I'm having trouble determining the exact color: it seems to be a bit off white, however it's hard to judge by the picture. Could you post a better picture and elaborate on whether you'd be able you see through this (some white summer pants reveal a bit too much and since I can't try this on I'd like to prevent that).
Thanks in advance!

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given the (understandable) extra time trousers are presently taking to get made, would it be possible to send in a pair for copying, have yall take whatever measurements you need, and then return the sent-in pair some (significant) time before the luxire-made trousers are ready? I know this would likely require the customer paying an extra shipping charge, but I'm not overly concerned with this.

Thanks

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my second pair of pants from Luxire today. Fit is nicer, a little low for dress pants but find for chinos. My request for fine cotton lining did not get glossed over. The lining on this pair, while unsure if it is shirting fabric as requested, is certainly of a nicer feel and quality than my previous pair.

The navy twill chino, and I assume by extension the other similar fabrics, are nice and thick. I'll make sure to update after some hard wear to see how the fabric holds up.

Spurious

Reaction score
I've tried to find it on here or the website, but couldnt locate it.
I am looking for fabric swatches.
Is there a possibility to order them?
I am interested in ordering a few shirts, but want to check out fabrics first.

Another minor question (ignore the shirt fabric), is it possible to add a monogramm at this spot?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads