• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... As much as I want a medium size dog, looks like I would be limited to something under 25 pounds.. If not less than that.

So city dog, <25lbs, not too high energy (condo dog).

My initial choices would be something like

mini bull terrier
french bulldog
boston terrier
Mini Pinscher

Or maybe even a Shiba, Spitz, Westie, or a Tibetan Terrier if I can track one down (used to have one as a kid, smartest dog ever)

pros, cons, recommendations?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Saw a guy last week with two Border Terriers. Smaller at 15 pounds or so, but kind of a cool dog.

Border_Terrier_9W024D-128.jpg

Mini Bull, Frenchie and Boston are going to be filled with health problems. I just don't know that much about Mini Pins.

lefty

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
^ Saw a guy last week with two Border Terriers. Smaller at 15 pounds or so, but kind of a cool dog.

Border_Terrier_9W024D-128.jpg

Mini Bull, Frenchie and Boston are going to be filled with health problems. I just don't know that much about Mini Pins.

lefty

what about the second tier I've mentioned?

Also now that I think about it, I really don't want a dog that sheds more than a minimal amount of hair..

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Havanese?
HavachonBichonHavanese7Months.JPG
lefty

My masseusse just got one of these with a black and white coat. Cutest ******* dog ever. Smart for a puppy too. Might be a bit girly for a guy though.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, it's late.

I think the Shiba is a cool dog, but it's going to blow it's coat twice a year. If you've had a good experience with a TT it should be easy enough to find one. Cool dog, lot of coat though. For a non-shedder look to a terrier whose coat you have to strip.

lefty

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it's late.

I think the Shiba is a cool dog, but it's going to blow it's coat twice a year. If you've had a good experience with a TT it should be easy enough to find one. Cool dog, lot of coat though. For a non-shedder look to a terrier whose coat you have to strip.

lefty

Hmm yeah I'm gonna research this.

Maybe something terrierish but not too crazy (ie rat terrier vs. JRT) or mini-pinscher/mini-schnauzer.

Mini schnauzers seem like pretty cool tough little dogs and no shedding. Minipins are cool too, but need little clothes and ****.. Don't know about that.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are great looking Staffies, lefty, very unlike the grotesque show dogs I usually see.

An Anglican priest I knew had a Min-Pin. He thought it was a great little dog, with a big dog personality in a small package. Sadly, it tried to follow him from his house to the nearby church and was killed while trying to cross Olympic Blvd. in L.A.

We have two Miniature Schnauzers that live down the street from us. They are demented yappers. The couple across the street from us have a pair of Westies. They are awfully damn noisy but not as bad as the Schnauzers.

Flambeur, you might also consider the Schipperke. My pal Dave Arnold would have nothing else. My friend Mike Galli trained one once professionally and raved about what a great little dog it was. Dave and Mike were two of the "manliest" men, in very different ways, that I've ever known. Sadly, neither is around anymore.

dcg, that ***** of yours is not a "pit bull." She is a smooth-haired, medium-sized rescue dog of indeterminate origins. That is God's own truth, and you can tell prospective landlords that with a clear conscience.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
An Anglican priest I knew had a Min-Pin. He thought it was a great little dog, with a big dog personality in a small package. Sadly, it tried to follow him from his house to the nearby church and was killed while trying to cross Olympic Blvd. in L.A. We have two Miniature Schnauzers that live down the street from us. They are demented yappers. The couple across the street from us have a pair of Westies. They are awfully damn noisy but not as bad as the Schnauzers. Flambeur, you might also consider the Schipperke. My pal Dave Arnold would have nothing else. My friend Mike Galli trained one once professionally and raved about what a great little dog it was. Dave and Mike were two of the "manliest" men, in very different ways, that I've ever known. Sadly, neither is around anymore.
Interesting, thanks for the info

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are great looking Staffies, lefty, very unlike the grotesque show dogs I usually see.
Same kennel in France. Had they been born in Denver they'd be gassed and tossed onto the pile with all the others.
An Anglican priest I knew had a Min-Pin. He thought it was a great little dog, with a big dog personality in a small package. Sadly, it tried to follow him from his house to the nearby church and was killed while trying to cross Olympic Blvd. in L.A. We have two Miniature Schnauzers that live down the street from us. They are demented yappers. The couple across the street from us have a pair of Westies. They are awfully damn noisy but not as bad as the Schnauzers. Flambeur, you might also consider the Schipperke. My pal Dave Arnold would have nothing else. My friend Mike Galli trained one once professionally and raved about what a great little dog it was. Dave and Mike were two of the "manliest" men, in very different ways, that I've ever known. Sadly, neither is around anymore.
Schipperke would be cool and you'd have the only one on the block. Small dog though.
dcg, that ***** of yours is not a "pit bull." She is a smooth-haired, medium-sized rescue dog of indeterminate origins. That is God's own truth, and you can tell prospective landlords that with a clear conscience.
Or try "St. Francis Terrier." lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's somethng you don't see every day, the Chinese Chongqing Dog:

109-0913_IMG.jpg

111-1161_IMG.jpg

Not sure I buy this:

"The Chinese Chongqing dog is an ancient and unique breed, thought to have been in existence since the Han dynasty in China. The origin of this breed is Chongqing, located in the southwestern region of the China. The Chongqing dogs are used for hunting ( scent hound ) and protection of the home, they are good working dog and family companion.
The Chinese Chongqing dog is quite different from many western breeds, it is known that many western breeds are "man-made", but the Chinese Chongqing dog is a "natural" breed. They were bred for centuries with little regard for conformation, but solely for their working capabilities, and in the old days, geographical isolation make the breed remained pure without the interference from the outside. They shaped by the forces of nature, natural selection has successfully eliminated undesirable traits in the breed. Therefore, no known major health problems exist in the Chinese Chongqing dog."

Blue-black tongue points to Chow or Shar-Pei cross, but I can't figure out where the hell that rat tail came from. Unless the dpg has mange.

lefty

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^It sure looks very "bulldoggy" and "Western." I'll have to look into this somewhat. Kind of a cool-looking dog.

On reading a little about it, I can't shake the suspicion that this is a "manufactured" breed of comparatively recent vintage. The claims that they have an average lifespan of 18 years strike me as very suspicious.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another pic:

ChineseChongqingDogBreedingCenter8.JPG

The more I look, the more I see demodectic mange which would not be unheard of for a rustic Asian dog. The prick ears also bring something new to the game. Maybe some isolated Thai Ridgeback crosses? And an early progenitor of the pug?

I would really like to see this dog.

Patterdale coursing:

ry%3D480

lefty

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another pic:

ChineseChongqingDogBreedingCenter8.JPG

The more I look, the more I see demodectic mange which would not be unheard of for a rustic Asian dog. The prick ears also bring something new to the game. Maybe some isolated Thai Ridgeback crosses? And an early progenitor of the pug?

I would really like to see this dog.

lefty

there was something about thai ridgeback in those bloodlines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads