• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I think he's also trying to advertise his Kris van Asche pants.

i see you still upset i called you out on your behavior in b&s

i guess there's a slim chance some MCer will take a chance !

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Northernninja

Reaction score
Tibor you have received several comments over and over about the cartoonishly large crown of your hats, *cough Anthill Mob cough*
biggrin.gif
, so why do you dismiss them as 'silly'? Do you come here to invite critique or just to show us how awesome you are?
You of course have the right to accept or reject any and all comments

I agree with this. Tibor you took your suit in to the tailor to totally change the look you had before, just because some people said they disagreed with it. But you wont spend like a little money on a new hat? I mean I dont know what your budget is, but for $50 you could probably find a hat that is much better. What's the attachment to the hat, but not to the overall look of the suit you had before?

I like you even more now.
Hey man, if you've noticed, I don't give rave reviews on almost anyone here...they know when they look good. I try to help those who've gone astray. You do what makes you feel good despite what I or anyone else has to say. But you know what would make my [and I believe your] day? Seeing you in at least one slim, fitted (not uber tight) modern suit with a smaller brimmed hat. Then ask your photog to get down when snapping pics of you. I think it would make a world of difference, even if for just a day
wink.gif

+ 1 to this.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tibor you have received several comments over and over about the cartoonishly large crown of your hats, *cough Anthill Mob cough* :D, so why do you dismiss them as 'silly'? Do you come here to invite critique or just to show us how awesome you are?
You of course have the right to accept or reject any and all comments regarding your pics but it leaves me to wonder why you would bother posting pics which seem to invite criticism (or you can correct me if I'm wrong) and then reject what seems to be an overwhelming consensus regarding your lids.
Or are you gonna become one of 'those guys' who comes on here to lap up any positive comments and then gets all bent at the first sign of dissent? That's your right too, but I don't think many of those guys learn much from the adulation, and end up just repeating the SOS.
Jus' sayin'

I think many at SF have been conditioned by contemporary fashion design companies to view hats simply as an affected headpiece made more to be an ornament and an extension of the wearers face (kind of like hair) rather than them signifying(to the traditional and myself) the personality, virtue, and honor of the hat wearer by being an extensions of the hat wearers soul. The hat is supposed to stand out and be bold not to be dinky and tapered like a lack of conviction. Most men prior to the mid 1950's were around my size many times smaller and usually wearing the same size hats. The majority of the comments that I think are silly stem from a completely different philosophy and understanding of what a hat is.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads