• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you referring to the first picture where I only have the bottom buttoned? I just did different variations of buttoning to show waist suppression. I hope this is what I screwed up?

There are 2^2 possible combinations for a suit with 2 buttons:

1. Both buttoned
2. Both unbuttoned
3. Top buttoned
4. Bottom buttoned

Only 2 and 3 are correct.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yeah, I'm aware. Probably should have just shown the acceptable ones I guess. Thoughts on the rest of the fit? The pants feel slightly short to me, but look good in those pics..

ianGP

Reaction score
I agree with acecow, I'm liking the fit. I'm not so much a fan of that tie and those shoes.... oh and that bottom button...

Ah yeah, I'm aware. Probably should have just shown the acceptable ones I guess. Thoughts on the rest of the fit? The pants feel slightly short to me, but look good in those pics..

I feel the pockets are abit too close to the bottom of the jacket. Can't figure if it could use another inch at the bottom or move the pockets up (I know, I know you can't do that)

Last edited:

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with acecow, I'm liking the fit. I'm not so much a fan of that tie and those shoes.... oh and that bottom button...
I feel the pockets are abit too close to the bottom of the jacket

Good stuff. The tie I will drop and I plan to use a solid blue one, and those shoes are going to be swapped with allen edmond park or fifth ave's in burnished brown or merlot...haven't decided yet!

NPHAF

Reaction score

Are you referring to the first picture where I only have the bottom buttoned? I just did different variations of buttoning to show waist suppression. I hope this is what I screwed up?

Except for the buttoning, you should pull your pants up a bit, it looks like they are hanging by the belt below the waist.
...And invest in some real shoes (lace-ups, (oxford-/balmoralstyle)).

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good stuff. The tie I will drop and I plan to use a solid blue one, and those shoes are going to be swapped with allen edmond park or fifth ave's in burnished brown or merlot...haven't decided yet!

A word of caution for you. PA or FA are fine for a business environment. Buy them if that's what you're going for. If you are planning on wearing them to more casual settings, you may find them a bit too blobby.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Except for the buttoning, you should pull your pants up a bit, it looks like they are hanging by the belt below the waist.
...And invest in some real shoes (lace-ups, (oxford-/balmoralstyle)).

The pants are actually right on my waist. I believe it's that the crotch is too low, perhaps I can get a tailor to adjust it to cup my ballsack more adequately?

Shoes were all I had. Trying to get a pair or some allen edmonds before the formal event.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A word of caution for you. PA or FA are fine for a business environment. Buy them if that's what you're going for. If you are planning on wearing them to more casual settings, you may find them a bit too blobby.

Will mainly be for dressier occasions (work parties, weddings etc;). Thanks for your feedback man.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It looks tight. Can you actually move around with it buttoned?

Not as freely as I'd like, it's rather tight when buttoned. But I like how snug it fits while unbuttoned. I'm worried if I get it let out it'll be too saggy when unbuttoned.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are 2^2 possible combinations for a suit with 2 buttons:
1. Both buttoned
2. Both unbuttoned
3. Top buttoned
4. Bottom buttoned
Only 2 and 3 are correct.

Yes, unless you´re jack donaghy. 1 is the only acceptable answer for him
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It´s part of his character. I don´t think the wardrobe people from 30 Rock could make such a consistent fashion faux pas.

NPHAF

Reaction score

I noticed the other day that he does both buttons. Not sure if it's intentional or not.

I don't know much about 30 Rock or Jack Donaghy the character, but judging from this quote from wikipedia:
Jack dyes his hair, and is shown to be very formal. So far, he has almost always appeared on the show in suits and in "Tracy Does Conan" it is revealed that he considers tuxedos appropriate evening wear regardless of whether there is any kind of occasion ("It's after six. What am I, a farmer?").
Buttoning both buttons is a major costumeflaw according to his personality.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Gorgeous boots. The pics look nice Mr. Moo, especially the pants. Is there any chance we could see a full shot so we can see the outfit together and how it fits? I can't accurately tell with the picture of the jacket and shirt.

Thanks Tibor, and everyone else who chimed in.

Here's a full body photo. Sorry about the splooge on the mirror; it's probably Desitin. :ember:

10ojnt0.jpg

1974aa1b.jpg

Freshly cut
2i6o2ed.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads