• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is also already wearing this great Lee bib overall?

Thomasjeans

Reaction score
Lee Grey Bib and Hoodie.JPG

This poster did it!

Since friday I wear this great combination of the grey bib overall for men and the black hoodie! It was this huge. more than lifesize poster hanging on the wall in the Lee store in my city that did it. I was just looking for some shirt, when it happened to catch my eye.

I've never worn a bib before, but after that I had a really ‘wow’-reaction, as the guy looked incredibly cool. Immediately I knew: this bib I want to wear too. So I asked the shopkeeper, if they had those men's bib somewhere in stock, because I didn't see them hanging anywhere, only a blue one for women. That’s characteristic for the situation in the Netherlands, where dungarees for women are much more common than for men, and you rarely come across a model specifically made for men in stores.

Well, after asking for the bib, it turned out, I hadn’t looked very carefully, because directly under the poster was a whole rack with several pieces in several sizes. The Grey Bib was a new model, they just had it in stock since a few weeks, but they nevertheless already had sold rather many. Only, and that was equally telling: where the women's dungarees hung clearly visible at their full length on hangers against the wall, those for men were folded in half over a rod, with the large front flap and the shoulder straps invisibly down. Moreover, that rack was largely hidden from view by another rack, that with the black hoodies. That's why I overlooked the men's dungarees.

As if, so to say, they tried to hide them. As if in the Netherlands, where most bibs are worn by women, a man in some way should feel ashamed if he wants to wear one too. Well, at least in the case of this great Lee bib, there is no reason for that at all. On the contrary: it is very cool stuff. A man can wear this bib with pride. And the combination with the dark hoodie is really terrific – in that respect the shop already had prepared for that, by putting the combination of the poster together in two racks next to each other.

So I also tried them one after the other. Finding the right size for the hoodie wasn’t a problem. To find that for the bib was a bit more difficult, as there are several things you need to pay attention to because it is a combination of pants and a kind of top. Your usual trouser size is not automatically the correct one. Although the store initially assumed an L for me, regarding my length, it turned out that an M fit better in the end.

The reason: the L turned out to be to loose, a bit like a tent, in which I was drowning. It was too baggy because it didn't fit snugly around my waist, even after I had fastened all four side buttons, and even with the hoodie in (as it should, because you wear your bib of course always over your shirt or sweater, you never hide it underneath them). The front flap was too high, I was in danger of disappearing behind it. And the trouser legs were too loose, they fluttered around my legs.

The model in the photo, who at 1.89 cm tall is slightly taller than me, even wears an M. It fits very nicely on him, exactly as it should: tight in the legs, tight around the hips, and with a front flap that reaches the armpits, and not just almost to the shoulders. Because the front flap of a M is also slightly narrower, as the bib is as a whole, the trapezoid shape comes into its own better.

So it takes some searching and trying before you find the right size. Take your time, you won't regret it. Because once you find them, these Bib overalls fit like a glove and are fantastic to wear in combination with the hoodie. I immediately wore it the next day at a party, and that led to very positive comments a few times. Those guys thought it was incredibly cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads