• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy new year everybody! Here's how I dressed up for dinner with the lady.
Also, yes yes skinny tie awful oh god kill it with fire but I'm young and I enjoy it so save your energy.
P40488912.jpg

P40490515.jpg

Best chinese restaurant ever, also our waitress was the literal doppelganger of my ex
eek.gif

Hope everyone had a happy new year.

Congratulations on wearing a skinny tie. This thread seems to have a phobia of anything close to the GQ aesthetic, but I think you did a great job with the tie.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally got to wear new sportcoat from November, but ony had grey trousers to wear with it for brunch (switched to dark jeans last night, which went together a little better). seemed like too many dark colors.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

remainder of bottle from last night placed in sportcoat pocket, corked in the room for next day-- what a great country :)

hotel room turned out nice, although there IS the issue of some large french antenna blocking our view from the balcony....:lol:

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do like these a lot Anden, especially Christmas day. What's the pattern on the tie please?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My dachshund is plastered to my thigh, purring like a cat, and Im probably getting laid in a bit.

Those two ideas should probably not have been expressed in the same sentence. Just sayin'.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice ties, Anden and Navi, etc.

What's w/all this no-tie ****? Guys are tieless and the women are dressed to the nines - looks bad.

As an aside, the gov. of the state of Michigan rarely wears a tie. Looks like a jerk.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Quick, dirty NYE pic with the missus.

Sartorio (Attolini) tux
Zegna shirt
J Press tie/square
Dior vintage 24k links
C&J (not pictured)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Congratulations on wearing a skinny tie.  This thread seems to have a phobia of anything close to the GQ aesthetic, but I think you did a great job with the tie.

imo the skinny tie is easier to pull off if you are

1. young

2. very skinny

3. going for more laid back/non traditional dress/trendy outfit

navi has all 3 going for him in that pic. most posters here are missing at least one of those components.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Tie is tied too long (as I can see it between the quarters of your SC). It could also be a tad skinnier to compliment your physique. You also might look into a new knot as the current one makes the tie look quite wide and blobby. Also I think the material might be a bit too shiny/silky. It really stands out from the rest of your natural, subdued fabrics (tweed and raw denim). It's already red so it will be the focal point. You need not over-do it with that much sheen.

SC is also too short, though I know the shrinking jacket is of-the-moment so I'll assume it is more of a fashion-forward look.

I am also hesitant about rolling jeans while wearing a tie. As a rule I try to avoid wearing a tie with jeans as I think it looks a bit out of place/unbalanced. The roll only makes this worse IMO.

Lastly, if you are going to wear these jeans in this manner they should be hemmed accordingly. Even with the roll there is still significant bunching at the knees and break at the ankle. They should be cut more cleanly like trouser if you're going to wear them in place of trousers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads