• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
bro whoosh........

Numeral

Reaction score
Is this eton shirt worth it for $15? Are patterned shirts like this appropriate in an office or no go?

Attachments

• IMG_9650.png
    IMG_9650.png
    818.5 KB · Views: 436

BritInOregon

Reaction score
Is this eton shirt worth it for $15? Are patterned shirts like this appropriate in an office or no go?
Eton shirts are a great middle ground between the cheaper, throw-away shirts and the really expensive $400+ shirts available in my opinion. Good condition ones go for $40-$70 on Ebay so if it fits you, $15 is a very good deal. That collar is quite spread which tends to suit certain face shapes better than others and the pattern is not the most formal, but it's small enough to be appropriate in most offices. Really depends on the dress enviroment at your particular office.

If you think it's leaning too casual, a slightly fun patterned dress shirt under a solid color sweater can look really nice and proffessional.

Make sure the sleeves and shoulders fit you and the waist isn't too *tight*, you can always add darts or redo the sides at a tailor if it's too loose.

jalh97

Reaction score
Hi guys! Any thoughts on this Loro Piana leather/camel hair jacket for $200? I'm sure it's nice, but I don't have information of the year it was made. Does that really matter, anyway, for a jacket of this quality? Should hold up well, I suppose...

D_NQ_NP_2X_690468-MLC40935903545_022020-F.webp

D_NQ_NP_2X_778836-MLC40935878969_022020-F.webp

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Any thoughts on this Loro Piana leather/camel hair jacket for $200? I'm sure it's nice, but I don't have information of the year it was made. Does that really matter, anyway, for a jacket of this quality? Should hold up well, I suppose...

D_NQ_NP_2X_690468-MLC40935903545_022020-F.webp

D_NQ_NP_2X_778836-MLC40935878969_022020-F.webp
I think you should ask yourself whether you would still want this if you didn't know it was Loro Piana.

jalh97

Reaction score
I think you should ask yourself whether you would still want this if you didn't know it was Loro Piana.
Well, as I can't see it in person, probably wouldn't. "Loro Piana" for me, in this case, pretty much means assured quality (I don't know much about clothing anyway, it's a prejudice).

Also, I think it may run a bit big for me... In this case, "Loro Piana" just means: it's a bargain, GO.

So... no? lol

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, as I can't see it in person, probably wouldn't. "Loro Piana" for me, in this case, pretty much means assured quality (I don't know much about clothing anyway, it's a prejudice).

Also, I think it may run a bit big for me... In this case, "Loro Piana" just means: it's a bargain, GO.

So... no? lol
No. Pass.

There’s nothing particularly nice about the coat. Loro Piana does not equal “must buy”.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Pass.

There’s nothing particularly nice about the coat. Loro Piana does not equal “must buy”.
All these "QuIeT LuXuRy" mainstream media articles got to people.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
someone propose something nice, the last 3 pages of this thread have been depressing

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...this vintage Carhartt piece?

PXL_20240219_143539410.MP~2.jpg

Am I even a Carhartt guy? 🤔

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so oversized on you that you'd have to wear some very big pants to make up for the volume. I hate to say it, but I feel like for what you wear, you need a size down.

I hear you. But fwiw I am wearing pretty slim pants in that pic. Probably my most slimmest. So I might be able to get that big pent energy going, if I'd want to...

Thoughts on the jacket otherwise?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads