• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
For anyone wondering, I wanted to offer my first impressions of the fur-lined models. I received my first pair about a week ago, and I have worn them a few times.

First of all, I was really excited about these. I feel as though I have been looking for exactly this type of thing for years - an insulated boot that is formal enough to wear with a suit. The pair I received are black karangrain (photos a few pages back) but I have two additional pairs on order; one in armagnac shell and the other in bourbon shell, so it is fair to say that I have a lot invested in these boots.

So far, they are exactly what I was hoping they would be. I live in Chicago and commute by public transportation. My feet get very cold standing on the El platform in the mornings in the winter. I also like to keep my office fairly cold, as I run hot in general but my feel stay cold. Basically, in the winter, I can't get my feet to warm back up after they get chilled on my morning commute.

The fur-lined boots really solve this problem, and they are not to hot (for me at least). The shearling does a great job of breathing and not making your feet sweat (I wear thinner socks than I probably would in winter with unlined boots). The sizing is also good. I was worried that they would fit tighter because of the lining, but they do not - I ordered my normal soller last size and the fit is the same.

Overall, I would highly recommend, and I am very happy that I have two more pairs to look forward to arriving.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really happy with my recent GMTOs, both Amaretto and Color 4. I received my Color 4s fairly quickly, a few days before Christmas, but due to holiday travel, didn't really get to wear them until I got back. I went with two different versions of the cap toe boot in these two orders, brogue and frankenstitch. Honestly, I was on the fence on the Color 4s, but I'm glad that I joined in, as I really like the color and the look of the frankenstitch. Thanks Carmina, looking forward to getting more MTO from ya'll. View attachment 1308610 View attachment 1308611 View attachment 1308612 View attachment 1308613 View attachment 1308614 View attachment 1308615
Both look amazing. Love the shade of color 4, and can't wait to receive my order.

What lasts are these on?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that seeing them in real life is different, but judging by the pictures that last seems pretty damn perfect. Beautiful. Can you tell me, how does Oscar compare to Forest length wise?
Thank you. These are my first pair on Oscar, and I haven't tried them on yet. Will give these a go this weekend and share my thoughts.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are both Oscar.

Our Amaretto boots appear to be the same model (I added medallion on the toe and four hooks) and last, but yours appear to have slightly more volume. This could be due to the camera angle, but I have a feeling (pure theory, really) folks at the Carmina factory sometimes apply their own interpretation. In this case commando sole may have influenced the artisan to produce a slightly more robust looking boot (vs double leather sole on my pair). End result is fantastic - enjoy!

Also, do you mind sharing specs on your Amaretto LWBs?

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
I know that seeing them in real life is different, but judging by the pictures that last seems pretty damn perfect. Beautiful. Can you tell me, how does Oscar compare to Forest length wise?
Oscar is slightly longer but doesn’t look like that on feet because forest it’s pointier with strighter sides. Oscar it’s the slighly casual-er version of the forest

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Oscar is slightly longer but doesn’t look like that on feet because forest it’s pointier with strighter sides. Also the toe on Oscar it’s taller looking from the side which I don’t like because it looks like a military inspired looking shoe. Oscar it’s the slighly casual-er version of the forest

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Forest - Oscar - Soller

Attachments

• IMG_20200102_184531.jpg
    IMG_20200102_184531.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 149

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Forest - Oscar - Soller

I like all 3 lasts but I must say that soller seems highly under used. I happen to be wearing a pair of my soller lasted shoes today and I think it may be my favorite carmina last of the ones I have so far.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like all 3 lasts but I must say that soller seems highly under used. I happen to be wearing a pair of my soller lasted shoes today and I think it may be my favorite carmina last of the ones I have so far.
Do you size down on the Soller?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't but I have a high volume foot (high instep with prob an D/E width). For comparison, I take forest in EEE in same size, although I dont have a pair yet.
Cheers. I always wear rain. As I understand, soller is longer than rain.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Cheers. I always wear rain. As I understand, soller is longer than rain.

It's a bit extended in the toe, yes. But I don't feel it's a factor in the fit. Reminds me a bit of the C&J 341 in that way. In fact, the two lasts are generally somewhat similar.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit extended in the toe, yes. But I don't feel it's a factor in the fit. Reminds me a bit of the C&J 341 in that way. In fact, the two lasts are generally somewhat similar.
Ah! I have the 341. Same lengths?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads