Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:37 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 423post #6331 of 2293811/25/13 at 12:21ampost #6332 of 2293811/25/13 at 12:32amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by aj_del
India Post offers EMS with tracking number in the standard format of AB123455165IN and should be trackable in the destination country also. However, Luxire would have to send someone to the post office and the paperwork would have to be filled there. We are talking about one of the slower Indain government departments here. I am sure Fedex and UPS offer them pickup with very little headache of documentation.
We do not mind the paperwork or the trip to the post-office if it helps. The only concern is the delays than can happen in delivery and then the concerning mails from the buyer.
As long as the buyer is content with us emailing him a proof of shipment with the tracking number, we are ok with using the post office for some shipments.post #6333 of 2293811/25/13 at 2:04amThread StarterQuote:
Found none. When we dye the fabric, both warp and weft get dyed. The contrast thus will not be there.
To make the fabric like that, will need to dye the yarn and then weave. Will try and include a small length in our current/next weaving session. Will update if we are able to make something worthwhile.post #6334 of 2293811/25/13 at 2:31ampost #6335 of 2293811/25/13 at 2:44amThread Starterpost #6336 of 2293811/25/13 at 2:56amThread Starterpost #6337 of 2293811/25/13 at 5:00amThread Starterpost #6338 of 2293811/25/13 at 5:10amThread Starter
Luxire Custom Made Selvedge jeans: They are good!
1. Chain stitch all over
2. Hidden rivet in back pockets
3. Copper buttons and rivets with antique brass finish
4. Visible selvedge on coin pocket, inside legs and belt loops
5. Custom made to your specifications
Edited by luxire - 11/25/13 at 5:56ampost #6339 of 2293811/25/13 at 5:57ampost #6340 of 2293811/25/13 at 7:44amNov 15 - order placed
Nov 18 - PayPal charged
Nov 25 - order shipped
Nov 27 - expected delivery
This was for three shirts based on an existing pattern. I want to go ahead and get the blue university stripes oxford before it sells out again, but I just want to make sure these shirts fit first.post #6341 of 2293811/25/13 at 8:26ampost #6342 of 2293811/25/13 at 8:34ampost #6343 of 2293811/25/13 at 10:05ampost #6344 of 2293811/25/13 at 10:39am
Just got my latest order: a few more shirts & pair of trousers.
This was my first trouser order from Luxire. In line with my practice with shirts, I gave them the measurements of a bespoke pair of trousers to replicate. As usual, the measurements were replicated perfectly. Having said that, while they fit nicely enough, they don't drape quite as cleanly as the original bespoke pair, perhaps simply down to the fabric being much lighter. Moreover, I forgot to specify sewn-through turn-ups instread of buttoning ones, and the default waist fastening button placement isn't quite what I prefer. But this is silly carping; they already fit as well as my MTM trousers, for about half the cost. With minor tweaks to a small number of areas, they will fit much more in line with my bespoke pairs. Certainly, I'll order more trousers in the new year, once I get round to thinking about what else I'll need for summer.
BTW, I also got a one-piece collar on one of the shirts: executed perfectly.
Pics of everything will appear gradually in WAYWRN over the next few days, I'm sure. Well, maybe not the trousers as they're a summer weight so I won't be wearing them in earnest until next year, but I'll try to remember to do a quick snap of them anyway.
Thanks again, Luxire!post #6345 of 2293811/25/13 at 10:42am
Cross posting this to the Luxire thread because I'm not sure how frequently the peacoat thread is checked:
How long is the turnaround on a peacoat? If I were to order it today, would it come before the holiday season?
Also, I was looking at the peacoat maker on your site and I was a little bit confused as to what cloth the thumbnails correspond to as well as what the different styles look like (I'm assuming the first thumbnail is the traditional US Navy styling, this is the Bond style, and the second to last thumbnail is the vintage). What about mixing the stylings found there, for example having a traditional US Navy Peacoat with the cuff strap from the traditional styling? Finally, as a taller person with a little more room to work with, would it be possible to get an 8-10 button peacoat?
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Preferred casual leather shoe style to wear with jeans? 2 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › NWT Handmade Salvatore Piccolo Forest Green Flannel Sportcoats -... 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 13 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Ready to Wear Suits Help 19 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding