Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2978post #44656 of 787192/1/13 at 8:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44657 of 787192/1/13 at 8:28pmpost #44658 of 787192/1/13 at 8:33pmpost #44659 of 787192/1/13 at 8:35pmpost #44660 of 787192/1/13 at 10:49pmpost #44661 of 787192/2/13 at 2:57ampost #44662 of 787192/2/13 at 4:21amQuote:
Your wish is my command....been a while. After all, among all this finery, what we really need is a blurry phone pic of a fat man in modestly priced clothes. Here you go:
(Edit: I toned the colour up a bit to make it more realistic which it is, but the trousers now look blue - they're mid-grey flannel; tie is knitted, in a SF-peer-pressure DFIH that I think suits knitted ties best; shoes are suede brogues, shown better in sock-rocking thread...)
Edited by mimo - 2/2/13 at 4:49ampost #44663 of 787192/2/13 at 5:30ampost #44664 of 787192/2/13 at 6:02amQuote:
+1... But this is one of his more restrained fits, if he wants to post something there, this is the one to do...Quote:Originally Posted by Warner
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
February 2013 weekend mix
You might get better responses in the Streetwear & Denim board...Quote:
Looking good, clapey. Don't let see that white pocket square, though!post #44665 of 787192/2/13 at 6:27amQuote:
my square game is severely lacking in general. I was on the fence of not wearing one at all but it somehow felt right. I'm convinced solid white shirt with solid white square is good taste, though. we'll see.
does this bespoke knit jacket have pockets? if it hadn't any this would be deal breaker, at least from my perspective because of the length. the way you stand you make it work and it looks fantastic, but I imagine it to look rather weird as soon as you remove your left hand from your jean pocket.
care to share the mystery bespoke optometrist with a fellow kraut? I'm currently looking into getting custom sun glasses and am tending towards Tom Davis after seeing his work.
Edited by clapeyron - 2/2/13 at 6:43ampost #44666 of 787192/2/13 at 6:41amQuote:
Agreed - it's not exciting, but I don't think a white shirt, white square, or both together is ever really wrong. Love your jacket by the way.post #44667 of 787192/2/13 at 7:05amOriginally Posted by clapeyron
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Are those dark jeans, paired with smart trainers of some sort? I can't quite make them out in the photo. Anyway, I think they go great with the tweed coat, but not so much with the shirt/tie/square. More casual shirt, +/- a jumper as well, and no square, and this would rock. Still, as I paired a more formal shirt/tie with more casual other stuff yesterday, I can't really cast aspersions in this case, can I? :)post #44668 of 787192/2/13 at 7:13amQuote:
Ha, thanks. The Super Bowl is tomorrow and the office I work in is also home to an educational institution. The students declared last week "spirit week", with each day being a different theme day. Thursday was twin day. Friday was team day (which team do you support?), etc. Except Thursday, I dressed normal the rest of the week, lol.post #44669 of 787192/2/13 at 8:26ampost #44670 of 787192/2/13 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by mossrockssQuote:
Ha, thanks. The Super Bowl is tomorrow and the office I work in is also home to an educational institution. The students declared last week "spirit week", with each day being a different theme day. Thursday was twin day. Friday was team day (which team do you support?), etc. Except Thursday, I dressed normal the rest of the week, lol.
Yeah, I guessed it was about the Super Bowl (I actually watch a bit of American footy from time to time, believe it or not!); it was the "spirit week" part of the sentence that threw me! We don't have that concept here.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 28 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 9 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...