• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
At a distance I really like AJVs look. The silhouette and tan/white/black (navy?) combo is very nice. But the actual details kill it for me.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If you can get this suit to a better fit and if you feel that you are truly "yourself" wearing it, then go for it.

Do I need to be playing Enya and reading some Deepak Chopra to be able to understand this? Its a ******* suit.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would not prescribe this for a "real world" job interview, but in a college setting you will really stand out, and I believe in a positive way. I would wear black shoes however, and if you do that I think the tie will work better. Good luck to you.

DKSnider

Reaction score
Oh dear, I've been shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from having seen quite a few shops in my time...
satisfied.gif

I appreciate all the feedback I've gotten! Looks like my mind isn't paying tricks on me re: the fit of the pants - I'll have to find a tailor to see if I can have the top bits taken in. Either that or learn to match a discussion on circuit design to the tone and cadence of "Can't Touch This".

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shine on the shoe, sir! No matter what brand of shoe one wears, nothing makes or breaks an appearance than a well polished shoe. Your nicely shined shoes tells everyone that you take care and pride in your appearance.
As for the socks, you might consider wearing an over the calf, longer sock. Doing so would allow you to cross your legs and not have any skin showing. Personally, for this fine looking suit and conservative tie, I would choose a more subtle sock design. Just my humble opinion.

Thanks for the feedback, my fellow musician!

The socks actually go over the calf. There is a white stripe running through the sock at regular intervals, and you might be mistaking one of those stripes for my skin. And yes, perhaps a more conservative sock would have been better - especially considering the conservative occasion. Thanks for pointing that out.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first post in this side of WAYWRN - I've got a presentation coming up for my Senior Seminar course, and I want to make the effort to stand out from the horde of engineering students wearing shirt and tie who look like they've forgotten to bring their jacket. I don't often have the opportunity to wear suits, though I certainly enjoy making the effort when I can - as a result I don't necessarily have the critical eye that most here possess, and I need a lot of help with the simple things - basic fit, matching, and so on. Here are my notes on the fit:

1. If I button the jacket, I look like I'm fat - I don't know whether it's because of the flannel jacket over the flannel waistcoat over the thick grenadine or because of the tailoring of the jacket, but at 6'2" and 155 pounds I'm certainly not as corpulent as the clothes make me look. (Same sort of thing is going on with my legs I think, and I'm not sure why - maybe I'm secretly overweight and I just haven't noticed.) Is going unbuttoned like I've done OK?

2. I really need to work on folding pocket squares.

3. I know that a lot of the things I'm wearing - french cuff shirt (though the links aren't really visible in any of the shots), three piece suit, dub monks - are sort of unorthodox and may come off as affectations, especially on a mid-twenties engineering student, but I enjoy making the extra effort. Of course, if it comes off as costumey and I'm not realizing it...
shog[1].gif

Any feedback on anything - even basics like "does it fit" - would be much appreciated. I want to make the effort to look good, but I'm certainly still working on developing a sense for all the aspects of style!

(aping those who came before me, haha)

As has been said, the tie and shoes don't jibe.

The suit looks fine unbuttoned, but maybe a 3-piece is too much for a presentation.

The problem with the pants is that they billow out at the thighs - looks like a bad taper job to me. I'm not sure if anything could be done to fix this without messing up the pinstripe pattern, unless there is a lot of extra fabric below the knee with which the pants can be un-tapered.

Just my $0.02

Great shoes, by the way!

Last edited:

Stilig

Reaction score

|| Jacket - Boglioli cotton/silk blend || Rollneck - Hampton Republic || Shirt - Tintoria Mattei 954 || PS - Eton || Handkercheif - Old, oooold thing I found in a drawer|| Trousers - Oscar Jacobson || Boots - RM Williams || Watch - Tissot || Bracelets - Happy Beads ||

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks great; if this was taken any time recently, you must have been pedalling very hard to avoid being turned into an icicle. :)

Looking for more ideas on how to incorporate these beige-ish coloured flannels into winter outfits:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh dear, I've been shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from having seen quite a few shops in my time... :satisfied:

I appreciate all the feedback I've gotten! Looks like my mind isn't paying tricks on me re: the fit of the pants - I'll have to find a tailor to see if I can have the top bits taken in. Either that or learn to match a discussion on circuit design to the tone and cadence of "Can't Touch This".

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but the fact that you said you can't button the jacket seems the biggest probelm to me. All the other stuff is survivable, as really the only people who'll notice are here, and yourself of course. If you can live with that, then keep it the way it is. The fact though that the jacket is that small is an issue, and probably can't be solved by leaving the vest at home. See if it can be opened up so it can fit you better.

Are these the LP 10% Cashmere ones? I have them and LOVE them...and don't wear them nearly as much as I'd like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads