• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Any chance you can adjust to allow larger file photos?
Ever since I picked up the iPhone 15pro, I get the "file too large" pop up.
I think this might be fixed now? I’m on a 15 pro and just posted an image.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this might be fixed now? I’m on a 15 pro and just posted an image.
I'll try it in a few...
D*ck pic incoming.

I tried earlier today, and it was no go.

Update: some of my photos are "live". Those files are the ones that apparently are too big.

Last edited:

zarif98

Reaction score
Is there a way to get phone notifications of the latest posts on the sale thread? I know I can subscribe using Watch on my forum but I'd like to be notified on my phone.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Is there a way to get phone notifications of the latest posts on the sale thread? I know I can subscribe using Watch on my forum but I'd like to be notified on my phone.
If you have android you can install our app and get notifications. Apple has yet to enable PWA notifications in iOS. If you’re on iPhone the best solution at the moment is to use email notifications.

garigo

Reaction score
There is a way to upload photos even from the latest iPhones: when you attach a picture, select “Options” in the bottom left corner, and reduce the resolution (or “Size”). IME going from “Full Size” to “Large” is enough for the upload to go through.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
User experience on iOS getting worse, multiple reloads, adds Tao g over entire screen etc.

today this what I’m getting on iphone. I tree several times over a period of a couple hours….

IMG_9316.png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s been bad, and getting worse. As @WoolyLamb said, constant refresh/page reloads etc. enough to be near useless, ads taking over then entire page……
Please let Fok know via the sticky at the top of the front page.
SF has turned to absolute **** these days but they must make their money some how hence the invasive advertising. I wonder if the extra revenue has been balanced by less ‘clicks’ as people are viewing less frequently or have just been driven away?

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be missing something, but...
Why not subscribe? It's $2.99 a month which is <$36 a year. For me, it's one of my best investments in this hobby. I spend way more on clothes, shoes, etc. The advantages are:
  1. No ads
  2. I support the site and the community directly
I spent 7 years building digital advertising technology and the entire system is corrupt. I now pay for media that I value.

However, this post is not thread appropriate and I'm getting off my soap box.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not subscribe? It's $2.99 a month which is <$36 a year. For me, it's one of my best investments in this hobby. I spend way more on clothes, shoes, etc. The advantages are:
  1. No ads
I spent 7 years building digital advertising technology and the entire system is corrupt. I now pay for media that I value.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this. I wasn’t even looking to be honest.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
  1. No ads

Based on the responses to this post Styleforum should be doing a better job of promoting subscriptions.

Here's the link to subscribe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads