• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
No that's not my style, but you still look better than 90% of the guys out there.
You came seeking help and advice and most of the replies were jokes and putdowns.
frown.gif
How many of these jerks were wearing EG, Lobbs, etc. before coming to SF?
confused.gif

That's the problem. He didn't come looking for help. Have you read a single thread of his before writing this?

He came in saying "This is me" and when people didn't believe him, he said "I'll prove it to you" and made this thread. When people told him what was wrong with his clothes and how he could look nicer, all he said was "This is all deliberate, I'm not looking for attention, you guys just didn't believe me, so there."

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That's the problem. He didn't come looking for help. Have you read a single thread of his before writing this?

He came in saying "This is me" and when people didn't believe him, he said "I'll prove it to you" and made this thread. When people told him what was wrong with his clothes and how he could look nicer, all he said was "This is all deliberate, I'm not looking for attention, you guys just didn't believe me, so there."

My mistake, I missed that

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
mafoofan, are you inferring that Manton is geographically challenged
crackup[1].gif

Nah, but I don't expect most people to know which Great Lake is Lake Michigan, nor what states touch it. I certainly couldn't have told you off the top of my head. Blame it on my own ignorance.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guys got big brass ones. Certainly the fit, cut and four buttons(wtf man?) are out there but heck everyone says on this site that if it works for you then go with it....I'd never but good job to the OP.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
The guys got big brass ones. Certainly the fit, cut and four buttons(wtf man?) are out there but heck everyone says on this site that if it works for you then go with it....I'd never but good job to the OP.

But does it "work" for him? I think it's debatable at best. At worst, and more likely, the answer is: no!

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
But does it "work" for him? I think it's debatable at best. At worst, and more likely, the answer is: no!

We're not the ones to decide what works for the OP. We can like, or dislike, what he's wearing, but that has nothing to do with it working. That's for him to decide.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This thread has gone five pages and needs to be put out of its misery. Time to invoke Godwin's Law and shut this sucker down.
Originally Posted by A Canuker
Hitler had brass balls, too. That doesn't make what he did right!!!!

Nashville

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Tuck in your shirts. Buy your jeans a size smaller. Have your jackets taken in and tailored. Buy non-Platypus bill toe shoes. Learn to make a smaller know.

You're not hopeless; but, I'm going with "Grown Up ******"

Dam man , this was totally uncalled for, but funny azz heck
tounge.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
This thread has gone five pages and needs to be put out of its misery. Time to invoke Godwin's Law and shut this sucker down.

Allow me to help you accomplish this most noble endeavour.

Israelis=Nazis

No need to thank me for the thread explosion that will ensue.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey

LOL, ok so thats true. I would agree with most posters and say that it does not work. As I said the fit and cuts are absured at best and the shoes should be burnt but he did say this is what he does, no one could believe it and he posted the back up. I don't know where this guy is and as such one never knows what the people around him dress like, that could be as good as it gets.

In my office it shocks me that my fitted suits, a decent tie and pocket square gather comments every day. People always ask if I have a big meeting and I just say we all should dress nicely. I guess its a product of the surroundings that one is in that relfects taste? Or mabey his suits are crap.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads