• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Yeah, those math questions about when you and your partner buy a vacation house on Fire Island asking you to calculate interest rates and stuff are a *****.
Or the part where you're given all these loan documents and you have to figure out the monthly payments on a Miata. I hated that.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Or the part where you're given all these loan documents and you have to figure out the monthly payments on a Miata. I hated that.

Your partner leaves your house in the Hamptons at 11:00 am on the LIRR heading for your home on Fire Island. At the same time, you leave your Manhattan apt driving your Miata. The train travels at 70 mph while you drive, on average 30 mph. Along the way you make a detour to leave your pomeranian puppies at the dog spa. This adds one hour to your trip. How much time will your partner have to redecorate the sun room with tafetta and chanille fabrics before you show up with that retro Jeff Stryker Appreciation and Tom of Finland framed original?

Let's see if we can come up with a lesbian SAT question now.

b

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Your partner leaves your house in the Hamptons at 11:00 am on the LIRR heading for your home on Fire Island. At the same time, you leave your Manhattan apt driving your Miata. The train travels at 70 mph while you drive, on average 30 mph. Along the way you make a detour to leave your pomeranian puppies at the dog spa. This adds one hour to your trip. How much time will your partner have to redecorate the sun room with tafetta and chanille fabrics before you show up with that retro Jeff Stryker Appreciation and Tom of Finland framed original?

worship.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
ROFL.

I'm thinking about the lesbian one. In fairness, there should also be a straight one.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Same as last year:

T-Mobile service in Los Angeles. My phone has 5 bars prior to a call, then I place a call and then get 1/2 a bar or drop call. Then there are all the cross lines, I call my wife my phone displays her name but I have another total frigg'n stranger on the line, usually in mid conversation with another person talking about their plans for the weekend.

Blackberry internet service has not worked in 2 weeks either.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Moving house.

See you all in a week or so.

I can completely relate to that- I did nothing BUT moving for the last 3 years...worst is an older house with large garden and a huge cellar like we had, where furniture and stuff from various decades has accumulated...then you move to a flat, or even flats and will notice that theres no space at all for that "trash"...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

b

crackup[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jon.

James Gatz

Reaction score
A girl I'm sort of friendly with (and by "sort of friendly" I mean we used to date) who teaches high school Fashion and Marketing asked my opinion on some Shmack designed shirts for the school's fashion program, and when I told her I didn't really like any of them she spent the next ten minutes screaming into her phone, berating me for being,"a pretentious ******* snob."

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bad week at work

1. one of my reports is a lazy bastard. I know that, but I inherited him and fired the other guy I inhereted, so I can't really fire him to quickly. I was hoping to turn him around. anyway, over the past 6 weeks he has gone over my head twice. basically, I ask my team to do something that we didn't do in the past, and he disagrees, we discuss, I tell him that he has to live with it, and he emails me a strong letter of disagreement, cc'ing my boss. twice in 6 weeks. my boss is great, though, and doesn't support his ****. but then I have to get into a whole discussion with him about it, why this isn't the right way to go about it, etc. I basically told him that the next time he thinks about doing it he should talk to his wife and decide if this is the right time for him to be looking for a job, because I am going to take it to mean he doesn't want to be on my team.

2. my ceo - my ceo doen'st understand what I do, at all. it is sort of like magic to him. pretty much the only interaction that I get from my boss is when he tries to get me to slow down, and, effectivly, do less work. the guy before me brought on board and managed 6 distributors around the world over a course of 20 years. I was brought on to improve sales, but every time I try and do something different it freaks my ceo out. I've brought on board and trained 30 some new partners in 6 months, and now my ceo is having a fit about it, becouse he doesn't understand how I can do this, when for 20 years he was told it was impossible. so he is fighting me to slow down. the trouble is, I can't go back to a distributor that I have courted and who has invested money in training and so on and ask him to wait a year, without expecting repurcussions in the market.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Gatz
A girl I'm sort of friendly with (and by "sort of friendly" I mean we used to date) who teaches high school Fashion and Marketing asked my opinion on some Shmack designed shirts for the school's fashion program, and when I told her I didn't really like any of them she spent the next ten minutes screaming into her phone, berating me for being,"a pretentious ******* snob."
You sat through that for 10 minutes? That's why we use phones, there's an off button.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
2. my ceo - my ceo doen'st understand what I do, at all. it is sort of like magic to him. pretty much the only interaction that I get from my boss is when he tries to get me to slow down, and, effectivly, do less work. the guy before me brought on board and managed 6 distributors around the world over a course of 20 years. I was brought on to improve sales, but every time I try and do something different it freaks my ceo out. I've brought on board and trained 30 some new partners in 6 months, and now my ceo is having a fit about it, becouse he doesn't understand how I can do this, when for 20 years he was told it was impossible. so he is fighting me to slow down. the trouble is, I can't go back to a distributor that I have courted and who has invested money in training and so on and ask him to wait a year, without expecting repurcussions in the market.
Bummer pal. But I thought you had number 1 straightened out? Regardless, admonishing him to talk to his wife about job-hunting was a classic.

As to number 2: I worked for a dude just like your ceo. I tripled distribution points and sales in a very short time on the job. I was flying!

Then one day the douchebag boss turns to me in a meeting and says, "I don't even know my customers anymore." He shut down everything I'd built up. But he said he wanted me to stay on, just not do my job so well.
plain.gif

I was gone in a week.

Please be careful Zach.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just broke a crown. The REALLY bad part is my dentist is closed on Friday, and its on my front tooth though its on the bottom. Called my dentist for 'emergency' and shes going out of town. So now I have to walk around like a homeless man all weekend. I'm so angry right now. This sucks.
censored.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I just broke a crown. The REALLY bad part is my dentist is closed on Friday, and its on my front tooth though its on the bottom. Called my dentist for 'emergency' and shes going out of town. So now I have to walk around like a homeless man all weekend. I'm so angry right now. This sucks.
censored.gif

They have emergency dental services, if you feel like footing the bill and dealing with someone who's not your regular dentist. That does majorly suck though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads