• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange. Correct me if I am wrong, Bloomingdale's doesn't carry Kiton & Charvet but then I haven't been to Bloomie's for ages.

Avers

Reaction score
I could be wrong on Blomies label, but it was definitely one of the high-end stores, could have been Bergdorf. I'll have to check when I get home.

I am talking about TJM on 6 Ave and 18 Street

Lint Brush

Reaction score
Barneys has socks--Made in England with hand linked toe private label--on sale for $9, and full cut cotton boxers for $9. Richard James socks are $19. Drakes ties for Barneys are half priced (around $62), and they have a number of Kiton ties for $112 (from $225). Didn't make it to the tailored floors or look through the shirts . .

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Avers
I could be wrong on Blomies label, but it was definitely one of the high-end stores, could have been Bergdorf. I'll have to check when I get home.

I am talking about TJM on 6 Ave and 18 Street

It was probably Bergdorf. Bloomingdale's doesn't carry those brands, and I've seen quite a few items from Bergdorf at TJ Maxx lately.

yeayea

Reaction score
A friend just sent me this. I am going for the black chelsea boots. Anything else I should look out for?:

Dear Loyal Customer,

We would like to invite you to a special shopping event

CHARLES TYRWHITT'S FLAGSHIP SHOP

Located @ 745 7th AVENUE

Wednesday, 3 October and Thursday, 4 October, 2007, from 9:30am - 8:30pm.

SAVE 50% OFF ANY PURCHASE OF $200 OR MORE*

and receive a $25 GIFT VOUCHER (one gift voucher per person)!

RSVP to let us know what day you are coming @ [email protected]

Bring this invitation with you to the 7th Avenue Shop and take advantage of this special promotion.

This discount is not valid on the web or catalog orders. This promotion does not apply to gift certificates or previously purchased merchandise.

Please feel free to share this great savings with your friends and colleagues!

We look forward to seeing you!

Kind Regards,

Nancy Wintjen

Store Manager

Charles Tyrwhitt

745 7th Avenue

Between 49th & 50th Street

New York, New York 10019

(212)-764-4697

If you no longer wish to receive emails from the store, please reply to this email with the subject: Unsubscribe.

*50% off discount is off Full price Merchandise. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

tanalasta

Reaction score
Some really nice deals there. Especially if ties are really that cheap and there are many good deals to be had, then would somebody be kind enough to purchase a few of the choicer items and put some up on the Buying/Selling forum for those not fortunate enough to live in the US?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CT always have 50% or more on their online stuff so I'm not sure how much of a deal that really is.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went to Loro Piana this morning. It's the last day. They had some beautiful things, including gorgeous cashmere bolts, but prices are still silly. The bolts were 80% off, but 4 yards of cashmere was $5000 before markdown. Storm system cashmere vest, reversible, was originally $1900, but still $800. The best deal was probably white linen pants for $70 and ties for somewhere between $20 and $30, including a few made by Michael Drake. They had some very nice sportcoats, with three open patch pockets, minimal lining, and cashmere fabric, but they were pricey.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Went to Loro Piana this morning. It's the last day. They had some beautiful things, including gorgeous cashmere bolts, but prices are still silly. The bolts were 80% off, but 4 yards of cashmere was $5000 before markdown. Storm system cashmere vest, reversible, was originally $1900, but still $800. The best deal was probably white linen pants for $70 and ties for somewhere between $20 and $30, including a few made by Michael Drake. They had some very nice sportcoats, with three open patch pockets, minimal lining, and cashmere fabric, but they were pricey.

Don't know if you tried on any of the sportcoats, but i find the LP jackets to fit real weird. Relatively low gorge, baggy fit. There were a few NWT on ebay recently at giveaway price relative to retail but I'm glad I didn't bite.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Don't know if you tried on any of the sportcoats, but i find the LP jackets to fit real weird. Relatively low gorge, baggy fit. There were a few NWT on ebay recently at giveaway price relative to retail but I'm glad I didn't bite.

I didn't. They were still too pricey for me, or in weird colors, and I've run out of sportcoat space in my closets. I have tried them on at sales in the past and never found them to fit me well.

yeayea

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
CT always have 50% or more on their online stuff so I'm not sure how much of a deal that really is.

I went to check out the Chelseas. The 50% is off the full price ($325), not the current sale price ($250). At $165+/- they might not be worth it (I was hoping to get them for $125). I guess i should just drop the extra $75-$100 and go for the RM Williams.

Wvillager

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
It was probably Bergdorf. Bloomingdale's doesn't carry those brands, and I've seen quite a few items from Bergdorf at TJ Maxx lately.

Odd because Bloomingdales was the launch store for the Kiton Black fragrance.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wvillager
Odd because Bloomingdales was the launch store for the Kiton Black fragrance.

Not too weird considering selling a bottle of fragrance for $70 is more acceptable than trying to sell a $700 kiton shirt. I'm not 100% sure about the bloomie's in NYC, but everywhere else, they don't carry Kiton, borelli, cucinelli, brioni, etc. Not bloomie's market...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
century 21 has a bunch of Isaia shirts for $109.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads