• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any sales this week in the city? I will be in NYC this weekend between work trips and feel like I need to get my shop on.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wvillager
Odd because Bloomingdales was the launch store for the Kiton Black fragrance.

Has nothing to do with clothing.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C21: A rack of Brioni sportcoats, summer weight silk/cashmere, in navy, cream, oatmeal and one in Edmorel orange creamsicle. 1200 from 4800. All kinds of sizes, especially if you like cream with a fuschia windowpane, or navy.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
C21: A rack of Brioni sportcoats, summer weight silk/cashmere, in navy, cream, oatmeal and one in Edmorel orange creamsicle. 1200 from 4800. All kinds of sizes, especially if you like cream with a fuschia windowpane, or navy.

I've seen these. They look gorgeous but the price is still silly. It seems to me that a lot of C21 merch at those prices sits until the sales. You could conceivably get one of those in the $400-$500 range.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be Ed McMahon on this, but when's the sale, Johnny?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chorse123
I've seen these. They look gorgeous but the price is still silly. It seems to me that a lot of C21 merch at those prices sits until the sales. You could conceivably get one of those in the $400-$500 range.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there is a Joseph Abboud sample sale going on at Soiffer-Haskin. I am not a big fan of their clothing but maybe someone here wants to check it out.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents looking to toughen up their wardrobe should take note of Patrik Ervell's sample sale on Sunday, October 14, from noon to 6 p.m. His classic military inspired duds are all on sale, including his black silk canvas bomber lined in shearling (now $300), his handmade single button blazers (now $350 - $450), and his button-down shirts (now $80 - $140). Patrik Ervell Sample Sale, 35 Howard Street #4B, (between Broadway and Crosby Street).

from

http://www.refinery29.com/shopping_news/

Stuff looks good:

http://men.style.com/fashion/collect...review/PERVMEN

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yah I've been to his past 2 shows and have seen the stuff at BBlessing. I've only bought a brown nylon windbreaker lined with blue/brown plaid. He typicaly does some great stuff; but, he is such a small operation I'm suprised there is a SS.

boo

Reaction score
For all the Northern NJ people, a new Filene's Basement opened in Paramus next to Century 21. Saw a decent selection of Oxxford, Canali, and Hickey Freeman mainline suits, all of which are currently $200 off. Also saw a few Borrelli shirts. Much better than the Elizabeth store.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
For all the Northern NJ people, a new Filene's Basement opened in Paramus next to Century 21. Saw a decent selection of Oxxford, Canali, and Hickey Freeman mainline suits, all of which are currently $200 off. Also saw a few Borrelli shirts. Much better than the Elizabeth store.

How much were the Oxxfords going for?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
How much were the Oxxfords going for?

$1200 I think. They also had a good deal of Borrelli, including a great tuxedo (I think a 46R) and a lovely soft tweed jacket in 38R with working sleeve buttons. The 38R fit me very well, but was like $1400.
frown.gif

I think the Hickey (some of which were ltd) were $600. Canali was $1000.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone stop by the Pratesi sale at Soiferr-Haskin ?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portolano
October 22-26
M-F 10-6
15 West 37 Street 11 Floor
(5-6 Avenues)

www.portolano.com

Wholesale prices & Below Wholesale Prices
Try-ons permitted
Womens, Mens and Kids Accessories
Sample & stock sale. Italian leather manufacturer of designer gloves both in silk and cashmere lined. Basic and fancy designs. Pashmina shawls from Nepal. Large selection of handbags and small leather goods. 100% handmade Italian silk ties. Emilio Cavallini hosiery. Cashmere sweaters, plush shawls and accessories in coordinated hat, glove and scarf sets. Portolano Kids. No refunds or exchanges.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics