• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to go to a game night party tomorrow. Since this series is boring the hell out of me, recommend me a drink to get shitfaced on so I can pretend to care about this Cup final. I don't want to get Conne-style fucked up where I'm putting the moves on men, or singing along to Tina Turner; but just enough where I might pick a fight if somebody says something nasty about a team I'm pretending to cheer for.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're in the mood for a scrap, rye is probably your best bet.

As for mix, well, that's a highly personal preference. Less sugar is best if you want to avoid a nasty hangover ...

Kevin

Reaction score
A good game by both teams, I thought. If Ottawa kept the momentum they had in the first period the outcome could have been reversed. I actually enjoyed watching this game.

Anaheim will wrap this up tomorrow night.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kevin

Anaheim will wrap this up tomorrow night.

I still have that tiny glimmer of hope that Ottawa can make a miraculous return. It would surely improve the ratings if they start winning a few and it goes to game 7.

Then again, Ottawa is my hometown so I am simply trying to avoid the inevitable.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
I still have that tiny glimmer of hope that Ottawa can make a miraculous return. It would surely improve the ratings if they start winning a few and it goes to game 7.

Then again, Ottawa is my hometown so I am simply trying to avoid the inevitable.

butbut.gif
Aw, crap!

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh dear, it is going to be a long and miserable week on Buffalo sports-talk radio (WGR55) ...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Perhaps worse, the Toronto station (FAN590) and its listeners will continue to delude themselves that they are making any progress out of their long, richly deserved exile in the wilderness!
dozingoff.gif

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aghhh. Congratulations Buffalo. In the span of about one month, you just went from being President's Trophy Winners to being nearly hopeless.

Well... go Bills. Oh wait.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Oh dear, it is going to be a long and miserable week on Buffalo sports-talk radio (WGR55) ...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Perhaps worse, the Toronto station (FAN590) and its listeners will continue to delude themselves that they are making any progress out of their long, richly deserved exile in the wilderness!
dozingoff.gif

Meanwhile along with Jagr, Shanahan, Straka, Avery (perhaps a goon but one of the fastest skaters in the NHL) and our two newest supa stahs Drury and Gomez, NY sports raiod will be talking about hockey for the next two weeks. The Rangers are going to have an impressive series of lines. I just dont believe we got both of these guys.

I like the way the Icelanders after resigning Yashin to a long term deal, quickly buy him out but only after losing everyone who cant stand his backwoods ways.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edmonton is screwed
frown.gif
They can't even buy a team...

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Edmonton is screwed
frown.gif

They can't even buy a team...

The ability to front load contracts with signin bonuses is going to perpetuate the wealthiest teams being able to sign the most talent and stay under the cap. Not that you have to stay under the cap bc you just pay a penalty but there are a lot of loopholes.

Not that this strategy worked for the Rangers before but at least they signed two healthy, top of their game stars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads