• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

World Cup 2014 - Brazil - Qualifying

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeezus, NOBD must have the Youtube videos of all the Netherlands' WC goals ever on speed-dial on his handy. All 5 goals, that is.... :lol:

That announcer really is nuts. He makes Andres Cantor seem sedated. I can't criticize Bergkamp though, great player...and the Dutch players have been great for Inter. Thankfully it looks like Sneijder is staying after all these tedious rumors this summer.

Good to have El Arg on board as well.

An Ireland-Netherlands-Argentina-Italia final 4 in 2014 would be nice.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jeezus, NOBD must have the Youtube videos of all the Netherlands' WC goals ever on speed-dial on his handy. All 5 goals, that is.... :lol:

Weheh. Grrr...

I can't criticize Bergkamp though, great player...and the Dutch players have been great for Inter. Thankfully it looks like Sneijder is staying after all these tedious rumors this summer.

Bergkamp is my favourite player ever, with Cruijff. He's pure brilliance. Scored yesterday after a one-two with Rooney in Edwin van der Sar's last match.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

(Amateur video.)

Put a big smile on my face.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bergkamp was phenomenal. i still think that if robin van persie wasn't plagued with injuries he'd be in the same league, if not quite on the same level.
someone was telling me that robin and sneijder hate each other, and come to think of it i cannot recall one time in the last world cup when sneijder passed to van persie- the ball always seemed to go out on the right towards robben (which the spanish were prepared for in the final). infighting always seems to be the dutch problem.

btw im gonna support england in this thread. we have some good young players coming through, if capello's successor has the guts to trust them they could surprise people next time out.

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bergkamp really was stupendous, some of the best footwork ever. Absolutely a magnificent player.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

NOBD: who played in that VdS match?

robinsongreen: Do you know why van Persie and Sneijder don't like each other? Is Capello definitely out after Euro 2012? Who is being most mentioned as a successor?

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bergkamp really was stupendous, some of the best footwork ever. Absolutely a magnificent player.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

robinsongreen: Do you know why van Persie and Sneijder don't like each other? Is Capello definitely out after Euro 2012? Who is being most mentioned as a successor?

I don't know the specifics, but they're both world class primadonnas so it's probably a case of there not being enough space in the same room (or on the same pitch) for their two gigantic egos.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ajax v. "Dreamteam Van der Sar":

Van der Sar, G. Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Van Bronckhorst, Carrick, Bergkamp, Giggs, Zenden, Rooney, Kuyt.
Subs: Grim, Heitinga, Davids, Cocu, Ooijer, Overmars, Saha

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ from what i know and have seen of van persie he's very measured and down to earth for a footballer. as for sneijder- this comes from an article by simon kuper who's one of the best football writers in england:

"Influential people inside Holland's camp were tiring of him, too. In one incident, at breakfast with the Dutch team, Sneijder had asked Piet Velthuizen, goalkeeper of Vitesse Arnhem (but perhaps soon of West Ham): "Hey, Piet, how much do you earn?" "€400,000," Velthuizen had proudly replied. "Don't you think it's funny," Sneijder said, "that I make 20 times as much as you?" After the exchange was leaked, Sneijder protested that he and Velthuizen had been joking. That may be true – footballers' humour is no laughing matter – but the conversation was classic Sneijder.

He was a disruptive force in the Dutch team, quarrelling with his enemy Van Persie over who got to take free-kicks. In the end the Dutch assistant coach Frank de Boer ruled in favour of Sneijder. Challenged on this, De Boer replies with impeccable logic: "Well, where else am I going to put that Smurf when we get a free-kick?" Sneijder does not typically rule the skies like Duncan Ferguson did. His header that slayed Brazil was such a surprise that he ran off smacking his forehead and chuckling."

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jeezus, NOBD must have the Youtube videos of all the Netherlands' WC goals ever on speed-dial on his handy. All 5 goals, that is....
lol8[1].gif

That announcer really is nuts. He makes Andres Cantor seem sedated. I can't criticize Bergkamp though, great player...and the Dutch players have been great for Inter. Thankfully it looks like Sneijder is staying after all these tedious rumors this summer.

Good to have El Arg on board as well.

An Ireland-Netherlands-Argentina-Italia final 4 in 2014 would be nice.
You're delusional, sir.

Van Persie is obviously better, he's a Gunner.

Going to have to root for US (though I don't expect anything from them), Japan, and (going against all of you) France (they've got some promising players in their next generation)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Well, where else am I going to put that Smurf when we get a free-kick?"

:D

Van Persie used to be rather big-headed as well, but he seems to have grown up since he's playing for Arsenal (Bergkamp probably talked some sense into him). Sneijder might be able to the same thing. Anyway, they're both exceptional players and they both should play in the Dutch team, though it's hard to find a good position voor Van Persie. I don't think he should be the main/deepest striker.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're delusional, sir.

Van Persie is obviously better, he's a Gunner.
:lol: :lol: I do hope Klinsmann will make a big difference for the US. He has a lot of pressure on him, though.
^ from what i know and have seen of van persie he's very measured and down to earth for a footballer. as for sneijder- this comes from an article by simon kuper who's one of the best football writers in england: "Influential people inside Holland's camp were tiring of him, too. In one incident, at breakfast with the Dutch team, Sneijder had asked Piet Velthuizen, goalkeeper of Vitesse Arnhem (but perhaps soon of West Ham): "Hey, Piet, how much do you earn?" "€400,000," Velthuizen had proudly replied. "Don't you think it's funny," Sneijder said, "that I make 20 times as much as you?" After the exchange was leaked, Sneijder protested that he and Velthuizen had been joking. That may be true – footballers' humour is no laughing matter – but the conversation was classic Sneijder. He was a disruptive force in the Dutch team, quarrelling with his enemy Van Persie over who got to take free-kicks. In the end the Dutch assistant coach Frank de Boer ruled in favour of Sneijder. Challenged on this, De Boer replies with impeccable logic: "Well, where else am I going to put that Smurf when we get a free-kick?" Sneijder does not typically rule the skies like Duncan Ferguson did. His header that slayed Brazil was such a surprise that he ran off smacking his forehead and chuckling."
:D Van Persie used to be rather big-headed as well, but he seems to have grown up since he's playing for Arsenal (Bergkamp probably talked some sense into him). Sneijder might be able to the same thing. Anyway, they're both exceptional players and they both should play in the Dutch team, though it's hard to find a good position voor Van Persie. I don't think he should be the main/deepest striker.
:D "...that Smurf...." Interesting re: Sneijder. I have never really read any criticisms of him in that way for Inter. Perhaps he's more tactful there, or more under the influence of the veterans. People don't screw much with Zanetti. Or, perhaps the camp is more secretive. However, the Italian press eat that kind of stuff up. On the other, maybe he is that way, and so Gasp allowed him (purportedly) to talk to ManU. Who knows; I just never read of any issues.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree they're both great players. sneijder will do really well at Man U i'm sure if they get him.

Venessian: yes capello has said he'll leave after the European Championships in 2012. The whole frenzy of speculation over who's to replace him hasn't really kicked off yet but i think after the disasters we've had with ericsson and capello, there's mounting pressure for an English manager. To me and many others 'Arry Redknapp is an obvious choice, he's got vast experience, has done a fantastic job at Tottenham and has said that he wants the job. The difficulty could be the ever-present internal politics as he seems to have enemies within the FA.

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm a gunner so really hope he doesn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads