• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it finally looks as though the lockout is nearly over. Which means that all of the free agents and rookies will finally get a chance to sign before the camps open in July. With that being said, it's a great time to speculate where players could/should end up. There are some big names (http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011-nfl-free-agents/ list of the top 50) that are sure to make a large impact on whichever unit they join. Asomugha is, imo, the best man cover defender in the league and will be highly sought after. My thoughts/hopes/predictions for the Colts in 2012: Indy struggled at times last in 2010/2011 because they have yet to improve their line play. Specifically run blocking and run stopping. They also don't pass block well but is hidden by Peyton being great. Polian (chris, not bill) used the first two picks to shore up their offensive line. Costanzo is arguably the most pro-ready rookie lineman in this draft and will likely start at left tackle which will move Charlie Johnson to his natural guard position. Ijalana(R) could start at right tackle which is a scary proposition having two rookies starting. But honestly, it's hard to imagine this line would be worse than last year. The defensive line, at times last year, was actually serviceable. A carousel of Johnson, Nevis(R), and Moala should have more success. Our pass defense will continue to be one of the best in the league. Partly because of the scheme, but also because we have some serious studs playing DB (If I remember correctly they had like 6 db's out at one point last year). They are young, fast, and definitely underrated. Indy is in desperate need of a FA signing. Bullit, who was a backup of Bob Sanders, has been the starter but he got hurt. Francisco, although dreadful and is a special teams player, we dealt with because he was honestly the only option for most of the season. A tandem of Bethea and FA Quentin Mikell sounds pretty damn good after what we had to witness last year. Injuries were not favorable to Indy last year (see below) The Indy offense. Oh what a thing of absolute beauty it can be. It relies on precision gained through repetition and a quarterback to out-maneuver defenses and to find weak spots in coverage. Consistency is imperative but was elusive last year. Indy had a myriad of injuries to skill position players last year but we did get a taste of what they can do. Peyton had 1350+ yards, 11 tds, with 1 int through 4 games last year. But also had a stretch of 3 games where he threw 11 ints. Injuries decimated whatever rhythm they had last year. Collie was an animal in the slot before those concussions, and Dallas was once again one of the top 3 receiving TE's. This is basically the same unit (one
ffffuuuu.gif
year older), save for a rookie 3rd down RB. Expect the offense to again near the top and efficiency and also near the lowest in time of possession lol (overly optimistic)Prediction: Another solid 12+ win regular season. There are only a few games that scare me as a Colts fan (Pitt NE Houston?? NO ATL) but I'm sure those teams don't like seeing Indy on the schedule either. Indy is favored in all but 4 of their games at this point and at 18:1 to win it all. It appears that Tennessee and Jax are rolling with rookie qbs (lol) so they most likely will not take a game. I really like Houston bringing in Wade Phillips to run that awful awful defense of theirs. Shaub/Foster/Johnson will again be potent but expect the foster/shaub td split to even out. Do NOT expect Foster to come close to last year without Vonta Leach. Indy continues it's dominance against a weaker than usual AFC South in route to home field throughout the playoffs where they avenge their SB loss against the Saints at Lucas Oil Stadium

vaalbara

Reaction score
I know that it's super unlikely, but I hope to god that the Eagles pick up Asomugha once free agency opens. I'm kinda worried this year though, though I guess our defense and OL doesn't really have anywhere to go but up. I don't think Vick's gonna have a magical season like he did last year, so hopefully the rest of the team steps up :|

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but it's going to bug the shyte out of me...

If this is going to become the official NFL 2011/12 threak, can you at least bother to capitalize all 3 letters of the NFL?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that the lockout is over?

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I don't know why, but it's going to bug the shyte out of me... If this is going to become the official NFL 2011/12 threak, can you at least bother to capitalize all 3 letters of the NFL?
I thought I did when I made the original title. And when I try to edit to "NFL" instead of "Nfl" the system auto-corrects to "Nfl". It bugs the **** out of me too. *EDIT* done
Originally Posted by NorCal
Where did you hear that the lockout is over?
Well just lots of speculation around the NFL blogosphere... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl..._closer_062911 http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/6/3...soon?ref=yahoo

soxpats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
Well it finally looks as though the lockout is nearly over. Which means that all of the free agents and rookies will finally get a chance to sign before the camps open in July. With that being said, it's a great time to speculate where players could/should end up. There are some big names (http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011-nfl-free-agents/ list of the top 50) that are sure to make a large impact on whichever unit they join. Asomugha is, imo, the best man cover defender in the league and will be highly sought after.

My thoughts/hopes/predictions for the Colts in 2012: Indy struggled at times last in 2010/2011 because they have yet to improve their line play. Specifically run blocking and run stopping. They also don't pass block well but is hidden by Peyton being great. Polian (chris, not bill) used the first two picks to shore up their offensive line. Costanzo is arguably the most pro-ready rookie lineman in this draft and will likely start at left tackle which will move Charlie Johnson to his natural guard position. Ijalana(R) could start at right tackle which is a scary proposition having two rookies starting. But honestly, it's hard to imagine this line would be worse than last year. The defensive line, at times last year, was actually serviceable. A carousel of Johnson, Nevis(R), and Moala should have more success.

Our pass defense will continue to be one of the best in the league. Partly because of the scheme, but also because we have some serious studs playing DB (If I remember correctly they had like 6 db's out at one point last year). They are young, fast, and definitely underrated. Indy is in desperate need of a FA signing. Bullit, who was a backup of Bob Sanders, has been the starter but he got hurt. Francisco, although dreadful and is a special teams player, we dealt with because he was honestly the only option for most of the season. A tandem of Bethea and FA Quentin Mikell sounds pretty damn good after what we had to witness last year. Injuries were not favorable to Indy last year (see below)

The Indy offense. Oh what a thing of absolute beauty it can be. It relies on precision gained through repetition and a quarterback to out-maneuver defenses and to find weak spots in coverage. Consistency is imperative but was elusive last year. Indy had a myriad of injuries to skill position players last year but we did get a taste of what they can do. Peyton had 1350+ yards, 11 tds, with 1 int through 4 games last year. But also had a stretch of 3 games where he threw 11 ints. Injuries decimated whatever rhythm they had last year. Collie was an animal in the slot before those concussions, and Dallas was once again one of the top 3 receiving TE's. This is basically the same unit (one
ffffuuuu.gif
year older), save for a rookie 3rd down RB. Expect the offense to again near the top and efficiency and also near the lowest in time of possession lol

(overly optimistic)Prediction: Another solid 12+ win regular season. There are only a few games that scare me as a Colts fan (Pitt NE Houston?? NO ATL) but I'm sure those teams don't like seeing Indy on the schedule either. Indy is favored in all but 4 of their games at this point and at 18:1 to win it all. It appears that Tennessee and Jax are rolling with rookie qbs (lol) so they most likely will not take a game. I really like Houston bringing in Wade Phillips to run that awful awful defense of theirs. Shaub/Foster/Johnson will again be potent but expect the foster/shaub td split to even out. Do NOT expect Foster to come close to last year without Vonta Leach. Indy continues it's dominance against a weaker than usual AFC South in route to home field throughout the playoffs where they avenge their SB loss against the Saints at Lucas Oil Stadium

Not sure about all tis but the NEw JW Marriott they built in Indy is UNREAL!!!!!!!!!

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaalbara
I know that it's super unlikely, but I hope to god that the Eagles pick up Asomugha once free agency opens. I'm kinda worried this year though, though I guess our defense and OL doesn't really have anywhere to go but up. I don't think Vick's gonna have a magical season like he did last year, so hopefully the rest of the team steps up :|

I think the Eagles actually would be better served picking up Joseph instead of Asomugha.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha so I guess I was wrong about the lockout being nearly over 3 weeks ago

Anyway, owners voted to end the lockout so now it's on the players. The first few days post-lockout could be interesting with all of the opportunities for teams to sign free agents

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Originally Posted by phreak
Well it finally looks as though the lockout is nearly over. Which means that all of the free agents and rookies will finally get a chance to sign before the camps open in July. With that being said, it's a great time to speculate where players could/should end up. There are some big names (http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011-nfl-free-agents/ list of the top 50) that are sure to make a large impact on whichever unit they join. Asomugha is, imo, the best man cover defender in the league and will be highly sought after.

My thoughts/hopes/predictions for the Colts in 2012: Indy struggled at times last in 2010/2011 because they have yet to improve their line play. Specifically run blocking and run stopping. They also don't pass block well but is hidden by Peyton being great. Polian (chris, not bill) used the first two picks to shore up their offensive line. Costanzo is arguably the most pro-ready rookie lineman in this draft and will likely start at left tackle which will move Charlie Johnson to his natural guard position. Ijalana(R) could start at right tackle which is a scary proposition having two rookies starting. But honestly, it's hard to imagine this line would be worse than last year. The defensive line, at times last year, was actually serviceable. A carousel of Johnson, Nevis(R), and Moala should have more success.

Our pass defense will continue to be one of the best in the league. Partly because of the scheme, but also because we have some serious studs playing DB (If I remember correctly they had like 6 db's out at one point last year). They are young, fast, and definitely underrated. Indy is in desperate need of a FA signing. Bullit, who was a backup of Bob Sanders, has been the starter but he got hurt. Francisco, although dreadful and is a special teams player, we dealt with because he was honestly the only option for most of the season. A tandem of Bethea and FA Quentin Mikell sounds pretty damn good after what we had to witness last year. Injuries were not favorable to Indy last year (see below)

The Indy offense. Oh what a thing of absolute beauty it can be. It relies on precision gained through repetition and a quarterback to out-maneuver defenses and to find weak spots in coverage. Consistency is imperative but was elusive last year. Indy had a myriad of injuries to skill position players last year but we did get a taste of what they can do. Peyton had 1350+ yards, 11 tds, with 1 int through 4 games last year. But also had a stretch of 3 games where he threw 11 ints. Injuries decimated whatever rhythm they had last year. Collie was an animal in the slot before those concussions, and Dallas was once again one of the top 3 receiving TE's. This is basically the same unit (one
ffffuuuu.gif
year older), save for a rookie 3rd down RB. Expect the offense to again near the top and efficiency and also near the lowest in time of possession lol

(overly optimistic)Prediction: Another solid 12+ win regular season. There are only a few games that scare me as a Colts fan (Pitt NE Houston?? NO ATL) but I'm sure those teams don't like seeing Indy on the schedule either. Indy is favored in all but 4 of their games at this point and at 18:1 to win it all. It appears that Tennessee and Jax are rolling with rookie qbs (lol) so they most likely will not take a game. I really like Houston bringing in Wade Phillips to run that awful awful defense of theirs. Shaub/Foster/Johnson will again be potent but expect the foster/shaub td split to even out. Do NOT expect Foster to come close to last year without Vonta Leach. Indy continues it's dominance against a weaker than usual AFC South in route to home field throughout the playoffs where they avenge their SB loss against the Saints at Lucas Oil Stadium

Not sure about all tis but the NEw JW Marriott they built in Indy is UNREAL!!!!!!!!!
Yep, it's nice. The city is getting all pretty for the Super Bowl, and tying up traffic in the process. :fu:

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Very bummed at the rumors that the Ravens are releasing Todd Heap. I suppose I get it from a business standpoint, and that that's just life in the NFL, but Heap really gave his body up for the team and this city. He'll be a drooling cripple at 45 for all the times Kyle Boller hung him out to dry over the middle. Was really hoping he would retire a lifetime Raven. He deserves it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads