• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

adversity04

Reaction score
Yup. If the Sabres can't start converting on the power play, then this series is over.
Saturday's game helped to prove this point even farther. We just completely lose it when we get a man up, it's like they're scared to take advantage of them missing players. Series is over if we don't win tonight.

Kevin

Reaction score
I've been too despondent to post. Let's go Buffalo.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ottawa can't win, because Ottawans don't deserve it. Nothing against the players, but this is just not a hockey town. If Ottawa did win the cup, the party would be over by midnight, because everybody "needs" to get up to go back to their government jobs at 8 AM. *yawn*

Move the team to Winnipeg or something - a city that would appreciate a cup winning team more than Ottawa. I'm sick of these Sens flags on cars, and boring "Go Sens Go" chants. I'd cheer for any Canadian team, even Toronto before I cheer for Ottawa.

Detroit will win.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

adversity04

Reaction score
If Ottawa did win the cup, the party would be over by midnight, because everybody "needs" to get up to go back to their government jobs at 8 AM. *yawn*
If Buffalo manages to recover, which I hope they do when the game starts in a couple minutes, there'll be rioting for days. First major sporting championship after who knows how many super bowls/stanley cup appearances. I know that I'm going to be partying every night if we get to the cup.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Oof. Buffalo fell pretty flat, on the verge of being swept I'm afraid.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Sad, but true.

I'm just cheesed off because after all the years I took Ottawa players in the playoff pools when they flamed out, this year when I avoid them they are going to the cup
plain.gif

Still, anything that pisses off Leaf fans is OK in my book, and Senator success is very high on the list of things Leaf fans like least!
lol8[1].gif

Go Sens!!

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Ottawa manages to sweep the Sabres, I'll admit that I'd be pretty impressed.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
anything that pisses off Leaf fans is OK in my book
lol8[1].gif

Just about every Canadian hockey fan outside of Toronto would agree with this
tounge.gif

adversity04

Reaction score
If Ottawa manages to sweep the Sabres, I'll admit that I'd be pretty impressed.
I'm not since we haven't really been playing. We look like we're in peewee

Countertenor

Reaction score
Na na na na na na na nana Na na na na nana Gettin jiggy wit it (repeat 3x) Bye, Giguère! Go Wings! 4-0

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm regretting my decision not to get cable right now. I wish I could see the wings play. At least if they make it to the finals it'll be online via hockey night in canada. As a canadian I should be going for ottawa, but I've been a wings fan since the toronto series in '93.

adversity04

Reaction score
GAH I just don't even know what to think. Oh well, the curse had to hit.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank god. Buffalo is the last team I'd want to see in the finals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads