1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by sonick, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Senior member

Well, I cheered for the Ducks during the Cinderella run they had a few years ago

Ah, back when the Ducks were "might".

2. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Senior member

I still don't believe the Wings lost. They went down like men, but they went. They got some bad breaks too.

I wonder how many people even know where Ottawa or Anaheim are?

You are right about that, they did go down like men.

I hope that wasn't Hasek's last game. Even though I think he sometimes relies too much on the Hasek roll, and he comes out of crease in some scary moments, he is a great goalie. He did hold up in the playoffs, so I think next year isn't out of the question. They said they would take him back, so it is up to him during the offseason.

3. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

Anaheim wins game one. (yawn)

4. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Anaheim wins game one. (yawn)

Anaheim wins game 2. (Quack)

5. eg1

eg1 Senior member

I will admit I am just about comatose on NHL hockey by this point [​IMG]

6. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I have to go to a game night party tomorrow. Since this series is boring the hell out of me, recommend me a drink to get shitfaced on so I can pretend to care about this Cup final. I don't want to get Conne-style fucked up where I'm putting the moves on men, or singing along to Tina Turner; but just enough where I might pick a fight if somebody says something nasty about a team I'm pretending to cheer for.

7. eg1

eg1 Senior member

If you're in the mood for a scrap, rye is probably your best bet. [​IMG]

As for mix, well, that's a highly personal preference. Less sugar is best if you want to avoid a nasty hangover ...

8. Film Noir Buff

9. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

A good game by both teams, I thought. If Ottawa kept the momentum they had in the first period the outcome could have been reversed. I actually enjoyed watching this game.

Anaheim will wrap this up tomorrow night.

10. Alter

Alter Senior member

Anaheim will wrap this up tomorrow night.

I still have that tiny glimmer of hope that Ottawa can make a miraculous return. It would surely improve the ratings if they start winning a few and it goes to game 7.

Then again, Ottawa is my hometown so I am simply trying to avoid the inevitable.

11. Alter

Alter Senior member

I still have that tiny glimmer of hope that Ottawa can make a miraculous return. It would surely improve the ratings if they start winning a few and it goes to game 7.

Then again, Ottawa is my hometown so I am simply trying to avoid the inevitable.

[​IMG] Aw, crap!

12. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

13. Film Noir Buff

That was actually as good a Stanley Cup series as any I've ever seen. I wonder what the ratings were? Probably somewhere between horrendous and non existent

14. Film Noir Buff

Nice win for the Wings last night. Next round will be interesting.

I hope the Rangers get smart and sign Drury, man was money against us.

Ahem...

We got Scott Gomez too! Only cost a 100 mil..cheap!

15. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Oh dear, it is going to be a long and miserable week on Buffalo sports-talk radio (WGR55) ... [​IMG]

Perhaps worse, the Toronto station (FAN590) and its listeners will continue to delude themselves that they are making any progress out of their long, richly deserved exile in the wilderness! [​IMG]

16. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Aghhh. Congratulations Buffalo. In the span of about one month, you just went from being President's Trophy Winners to being nearly hopeless.

Well... go Bills. Oh wait.

17. Film Noir Buff

[​IMG]
    Aghhh. Congratulations Buffalo. In the span of about one month, you just went from being President's Trophy Winners to being nearly hopeless.

Well... go Bills. Oh wait.

Didnt they just resign their kicker?

18. Film Noir Buff

Oh dear, it is going to be a long and miserable week on Buffalo sports-talk radio (WGR55) ... [​IMG]

Perhaps worse, the Toronto station (FAN590) and its listeners will continue to delude themselves that they are making any progress out of their long, richly deserved exile in the wilderness! [​IMG]

Meanwhile along with Jagr, Shanahan, Straka, Avery (perhaps a goon but one of the fastest skaters in the NHL) and our two newest supa stahs Drury and Gomez, NY sports raiod will be talking about hockey for the next two weeks. The Rangers are going to have an impressive series of lines. I just dont believe we got both of these guys.

I like the way the Icelanders after resigning Yashin to a long term deal, quickly buy him out but only after losing everyone who cant stand his backwoods ways.

19. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Edmonton is screwed [​IMG] They can't even buy a team...

20. Film Noir Buff

Edmonton is screwed [​IMG]

They can't even buy a team...

The ability to front load contracts with signin bonuses is going to perpetuate the wealthiest teams being able to sign the most talent and stay under the cap. Not that you have to stay under the cap bc you just pay a penalty but there are a lot of loopholes.

Not that this strategy worked for the Rangers before but at least they signed two healthy, top of their game stars.