• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Wings (if they can run the Ducks) may be why anybody will watch, but my money is on Ottawa.

Wouldn't an Ottawa Stanley Cup just drive Toronto fans crazy!
devil.gif

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Detroit is in trouble. Wow, crazy end to regulation. Anyways, I doubt many in the LA area will even know Anaheim is in the Final if they make it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blah. ******* selanne.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ducks vs Senators

Quite the effort by Detroit in the 3rd period.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Ducks vs Senators

Quite the effort by Detroit in the 3rd period.

I don't know why Babcock waited so long to pull Hasek. They should have pulled him with at least a minute to go in the penalty, not the 15 seconds or whatever was left. Anaheim tried their best in the 3rd to lose the game, but they squeeked it out.

The ratings for this Cup will be horrible.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
I wonder how many people even know where Ottawa or Anaheim are?

Well, I cheered for the Ducks during the Cinderella run they had a few years ago, but I am really hoping that the Sens take it this year. It's about time that a Canadian team took back the legacy. I'm actually a Toronto fan, but at this point, I would like any Canadian team to win. We've already had a heartbreaker series (how did the Flames choke so badly
frown.gif
) where we nearly took it back. Hopefully this year everything will fall into place.

I think that the ratings will be okay. Every Canadian I know (and that is a large market) is watching for Ottawa to take this. People in Southern California... generally couldn't care less that their home team is in the finals.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Well, I cheered for the Ducks during the Cinderella run they had a few years ago, but I am really hoping that the Sens take it this year. It's about time that a Canadian team took back the legacy. I'm actually a Toronto fan, but at this point, I would like any Canadian team to win. We've already had a heartbreaker series (how did the Flames choke so badly
frown.gif
) where we nearly took it back. Hopefully this year everything will fall into place.

I think that the ratings will be okay. Every Canadian I know (and that is a large market) is watching for Ottawa to take this. People in Southern California... generally couldn't care less that their home team is in the finals.

I don't know about that -- I hear a lot on local talk radio about how people in Toronto don't care about the final, and that Torontonians are Leaf fans, not hockey fans. Today's Globe also carries an article about how a lot of print media are not bothering to cover the series, especially in the US.

I for one would like to see the Sens close the deal.

Off topic, but what about Balsillie buying the Preds? The smart money has him moving the team to Kitchener-Waterloo because it is beyond the "boundaries" of the Sabres and Leafs. I know it is a long shot, but I really think the best thing that could possibly happen would be for them to flip the bird to the Leafs and set up shop right in the GTA. I realize they would have to pay a massive rights fee, but boy, would that put a fright into the alternately comatose/arrogant MLSE!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I don't know about that -- I hear a lot on local talk radio about how people in Toronto don't care about the final, and that Torontonians are Leaf fans, not hockey fans. Today's Globe also carries an article about how a lot of print media are not bothering to cover the series, especially in the US.

I for one would like to see the Sens close the deal.

Off topic, but what about Balsillie buying the Preds? The smart money has him moving the team to Kitchener-Waterloo because it is beyond the "boundaries" of the Sabres and Leafs. I know it is a long shot, but I really think the best thing that could possibly happen would be for them to flip the bird to the Leafs and set up shop right in the GTA. I realize they would have to pay a massive rights fee, but boy, would that put a fright into the alternately comatose/arrogant MLSE!

I dunno about the Globe. Torontonians are always bitching about something. They are the Bostonians of the North
smile.gif

A team in Kitchener-Waterloo would be great. Sort of like the Rangers/Islanders rivalry. And Kitchener-Waterloo is not very far from TO at all.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
I still don't believe the Wings lost. They went down like men, but they went. They got some bad breaks too.

I wonder how many people even know where Ottawa or Anaheim are?

You are right about that, they did go down like men.

I hope that wasn't Hasek's last game. Even though I think he sometimes relies too much on the Hasek roll, and he comes out of crease in some scary moments, he is a great goalie. He did hold up in the playoffs, so I think next year isn't out of the question. They said they would take him back, so it is up to him during the offseason.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will admit I am just about comatose on NHL hockey by this point
dozingoff.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads