• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having a 2009 Old Stock ale from North Coast, I forgot I had these. It's nice but much more simple than Founders Curmudgeon.

Earlier I had the Stillwater-Mikkeller Collaboration OUR SIDE. It was good, more like a Belgian IPA than a saison which is my preference.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
You're looking at $10 a 12oz bottle for 120min and a whole lotta pine syrup taste...
I think my cost is going to be MUCH lower than $10 per bottle. I would bet closer to wholesale (i hope) or at least something like $5 per bottle.. Will find out later this week. Not even planning on drinking it. Just want to trade it. Doesn't sound to appealing (pine syrup). Yuck

pdillon

Reaction score
Just curious what the going price of Cantillon Gueuze in ya'lls parts? Its rare to see anything like this here and I am afraid I might be paying an arm and a leg to much.
Not sure of the exact price of Cantillon Gueuze here when it is in stock, which is quite frequently, but I think it's a little over $9 for the the 375ml. Therefore, I've never bought it. Only had it on tap at Monk's.

Here are the prices for the other Cantillon beers you can get (or could get when they were in stock) here in STL:
Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$8.99 / 375ml
Cantillon Cuvee des Champions...$16.99 / 750ml
Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$17.99 / 750ml
Cantillon Iris 2007...$16.99 / 750ml
Cantillon Kriek....$9.29 / 375ml

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please send me all the Cantillon you can get your hands on!!!

Originally Posted by pdillon
Not sure of the exact price of Cantillon Gueuze here when it is in stock, which is quite frequently, but I think it's a little over $9 for the the 375ml. Therefore, I've never bought it. Only had it on tap at Monk's.

Here are the prices for the other Cantillon beers you can get (or could get when they were in stock) here in STL:
Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$8.99 / 375ml
Cantillon Cuvee des Champions...$16.99 / 750ml
Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus....$17.99 / 750ml
Cantillon Iris 2007...$16.99 / 750ml
Cantillon Kriek....$9.29 / 375ml

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Three Philosophers knocked me on ****** tonight. Gonna get into a few ales I bought soon.

My friend is a brewer at Boulevard and wants to show me the brewery in a couple weeks, looking forward to that as the new stuff Boulevard has been putting out look really interesting.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Screw that guy. Send it to me instead. In turn, I'll send it to Bdeuce, so that he can lord it over Tooch.

Don't hate on my beer steez! You'd hate every wonderful and glorious beer Cantillon makes and Brian gets me beer because I tell him to do it...

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Three Philosophers knocked me on ****** tonight. Gonna get into a few ales I bought soon.

My friend is a brewer at Boulevard and wants to show me the brewery in a couple weeks, looking forward to that as the new stuff Boulevard has been putting out look really interesting.

Ask your friend from Boulevard why they released an infected batch of their imperial stout?! Also, their Tank 7 Saison is damn tasty and Saison Brett has become a favorite of mine...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Don't hate on my beer steez! You'd hate every wonderful and glorious beer Cantillon makes and Brian gets me beer because I tell him to do it...
the-wire-clay-davis.jpg

pdillon

Reaction score

I really dislike the standard Boulevard lineup, especially their wheat beer.

But their Smokestack lineup is legit. I'm especially happy that Saison-Brett has been released again. I didn't see it around for 2+ years. It was probably the most difficult cork I've ever had to remove from a bottle.

I also really like that Boulevard is now releasing the Smokestack series in 12 oz four packs.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really dislike the standard Boulevard lineup, especially their wheat beer.

But their Smokestack lineup is legit. I'm especially happy that Saison-Brett has been released again. I didn't see it around for 2+ years. It was probably the most difficult cork I've ever had to remove from a bottle.

I also really like that Boulevard is now releasing the Smokestack series in 12 oz four packs.

I am serious about that Cantillon hook-up, I can have Brian go to Kuhnhenn and buy you beer or I can pay you through Paypal...

pdillon

Reaction score
I am serious about that Cantillon hook-up, I can have Brian go to Kuhnhenn and buy you beer or I can pay you through Paypal...

Oh really? I thought you were joking. You can't get it in Chicago? This would have to be the first time something can be found in STL & not Chicago.

I'm not sure. I don't even know what The Wine and Cheese Place even has right now. I'll take a look next time I'm there. But shipping beer seems like a huge pain **********.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh really? I thought you were joking. You can't get it in Chicago? This would have to be the first time something can be found in STL & not Chicago.

I'm not sure. I don't even know what The Wine and Cheese Place even has right now. I'll take a look next time I'm there. But shipping beer seems like a huge pain **********.

We get plenty of Cantillon, but the problem is that it disappears fast, very fast and it's a lot more expensive up here...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics